Friday, September 18, 2020

It's In The Air

 I don't know about where you live, but here at the Pines Fall is definitely in the air. However. the air quality in these parts has been hazy.  It's from the fires all the way out west.  That's a testimony of how awful and wide spread those fires are. The destruction and pictures that have come out from there take your breath away. My son, Craig, and his family live in a suburb of Portland, Oregon and have been house bound because the air quality is so horrible. But thankfully they have a home that's not devastated by the fires and we pray for them to be kept safe. Too bad all the water down south can't be dumped out west to put it all out. I'm sure the southern states would welcome that!

Eerie looking sunset here at the Pines.
Driving home the other day and it's just hazy when it's suppose to be bright blue skies.
Sunset up close and personal.  Today was the first day this week that dawned bright and Fall crisp with beautiful blue skies.  Our temps are usually up and down here until November when they pretty much remain cool to cold. Tonight we're expecting temps in the 30's so I think it's time to bring in my Boston Fern with hopes to keep it alive until next year. I'm better with outdoor plants but I'm going to give it a try. Meanwhile I'm decorated for the season with a teensy bit of Halloween thrown in. I don't usually put any Halloween until late September or October 1st but I couldn't resist just a little. Hey, it's in the air I guess!
A little greeting pumpkin for starters.

I collect these Lori Mitchell figurines and usually get one or two each year.  This came in the mail the other day and I had to leave it out...right? She may be the "Grim Reaper" but I say "cute" describes her best! (I now have 22 different little trick or treaters...time to stop? Nahhh)

I found these little stick on bats at the dollar store. Yep, I'm batty about them! 

The kitchen fireplace is ready for Fall but it will get Halloweened (I just made up that word!) in a few weeks.  The month is flying by and soon we'll be having some family visitors and will celebrate with some outdoor spooky fun....if  the weather cooperates! 

Final thoughts.  This poor tree has just about lost all it's leaves. It's been on the downhill slump for a few years now but I didn't want Jack to cut it down because it always bloomed out so nice in Spring. Until this year anyway.  I have finally realized it's time to remove it and replant a different tree.  Walking past it the other night made me stop quickly and look closer.  I don't know if you can see it but here's it's final gift I guess:
One last little blossom out of it's season. Sometimes when all seems lost or we're at the end of our rope..maybe God will be sending a little gift your way to make you stop and smile and be grateful for little surprises of life.  Or maybe just for the beauty that's in the air.

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like you are all set for fall. I love your cute decorations. It is cooling down here as well. Have a good weekend.

acorn hollow said...

We are hazy here all the way in NH I feel so sad for those who lost everything but I feel sad for the firefighters away from their families putting their life on the line. God Bless.
Lucky you having the time to decorate I will get to it on Sunday I think we are under a frost warning here so I have taken in what I can and covered what I want saved.
Cathy

joeh said...

Some heavy rain out there would be a real nice gift!

Julia said...

Even my son noticed the haziness in the air this morning on account of those great wildfires.
You sure are on the ball when it comes to Halloween decorating.
Autumn is in the air here and we are looking forward to a slower pace. My husband haS so busy with selling hay to farmers who are panicking because of the shortage of hay this season. It has been an unusually very dry season.

Halloween used to be huge at my house until I lost most of my decorations in the flood. Now Halloween is very low key just because I don't have to store all those decorations anymore. I gave most of the remnants to my granddaughter. She has three little ones. Their little ghost hangs around all year round in their porch. I'm sure he appreciates when Haloween time rolls around.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia



betty said...

That was sweet with the blossom; almost like its last "hurrah." Love all your decorations!! Its amazing the smoke from the fires came all the way to your area and made your air hazy, etc. Of course it came to Arizona, but we are in close proximity to California. You are right, it would be nice to have some rain from the south channeled to the west.

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm all verklempt after seeing that last brave little blossom on your dead tree. Thank goodness it has achieved immortality, captured in a picture and preserved forever on your blog. Nature is filled with mystery and miracles.

I'm sorry your family out in Portland are trapped indoors by the smoky air. I hope firefighters soon get the upper hand and the terrible ordeal can come to an end for West Coast residents. I'm sorry your skies were hazy earlier in the week, but happy to know they have since cleared. I envy you being able to experience cold air with overnights in the 30s. We are light years away from seeing temps anywhere near that low. Thanks for showing us the gradual "Halloweening" of your house and property. You got more bat for the buck at the dollar store. I like that creepy display a lot.

I wish you and Jack and Arnie a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...

Yes HE has sent a little gift my way today in the shape of interesting bloggers. Thanks and especially for the pictures. I was amazed at how far east that smoke followed us as we returned to North Carolina. I know we were still seeing its affects in Oklahoma.
Sending love your war from Florida and our new trailer home.

Prims By The Water said...

Its been hazy here too from the wildfires out West. I had to smile when I saw your bats because I did a similar thing in our gift shop....however I cut my own from cardstock. Will show soon all of our Halloween decor. I know you will like the witch post. HE HE Janice PS love your little Halloween girl.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]