Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Get Your Spooky On!


 Those that have followed me for a bit know I love this time of year and Halloween. Yes, to me it is the most wonderful time of the year!  We're going to have our family Halloween gathering this weekend and my sweet sister is here from Chicago to enjoy a week of fun but also being a big help in the preparations. Jack just shakes his head with the two of us and our craziness!  He knows the way to my heart however. He helped me complete my Wizard of Oz collection:

He heard me say I would like to get the "flying monkey" for my set.  These are figurines from Lori Mitchell. He surprised me with this guy! Thanks Babe!
Life can now go on! I have a few other creations of hers...like 22 other creations!
Little trick or treaters like these two.  In other news, my sister came just in time for the last weekend of a local festival called "Prairie Peddler" 
It's set up in a wooded area and there are tons of vendors and food and usually music. Covid has changed a few things..all masks, certain eating areas for social distancing and no live music.  But we had fun anyway and bought only a few items. 
This gentleman was making big pots of soup...all the open fires smelled like fall! We had a good time and the weather was perfect..cool and very fall like!  So Midge and I will spend the week making food and decorating our Creepy Woods up. She still has dialysis to go through but the center is close to our house and the people there are really nice so it goes good for her.  Here are a few other tidbits from the Pines:
Jack and our son Jackie got the new screen door on last week.  I love it!
Wood for the soon to be cold season!
Rae turned 12 on October 1st! We had a nice time with her celebrating! Love this growing up Grandkiddo!
Arnie is still recovering from his leg surgery but doing good. His final vet visit is next week and hopefully we won't have to continue carrying him up and down stairs! He loves his new toy that Craig and Amy sent him!
I was cleaning out a cupboard and didn't realize that my new floating witch hats were right above me...but Jack noticed and clicked a pick....funny guy!
The leaves are changing and soon will be in peak season but I do love when the sun sets and lights up the trees!
So go get your spook on and carve some pumpkins, have some hot cider, crunch in the leaves and enjoy this time of year. It's been a rough year for many so I hope some smiles come your way in October.
The sun is setting earlier each night...take a minute to enjoy it.

10 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm here to get my spooky on, dear friend! Judging by the selfie you used as your header, I'd say you've lost some weight since retiring from your job in the OR. :)

I'm thrilled that Midge made the trip over from Chicago to join your H-ween salivation (sic) at The Pines. I hope she is feeling better by the day and that her dialysis treatments go well. Oooh - that flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz creeps me out. I wouldn't want to turn out the light and try to sleep with that thing on the night stand next to my head. But seriously, that's a wonderful surprise gift from Jack. Looks like you have quite a theme collection going. I like the green witch best.

Thank you for showing me some autumn leaves. I'm glad Midge made it there in time to attend the "Prairie Peddler" festival. I'm glad you had fun even tho traditional activities were limited this year. I'm happy to know the weather was ideal. I'm sure the Yeti appreciates the way you guys decorated his Creepy Woods. Wouldn't it be something if he showed up at your H-ween party this weekend disguised as Progressive Flo? :)

https://s3-prod.crainscleveland.com/s3fs-public/flo.jpg

That's a nice, welcoming screen door and porch display. I only wish your scary kitty was sitting out there to complete the picture. Happy 12th birthday to grandkiddo Rae! I have known her for years - ever since her name was Addy. :) Looks like she is getting into basketball. Good for her! That was my sport in elementary and high school. I also played in the church league. I'm happy to know that Arnie continues on the mend. It looks like he's having a frisky good time with his new toy. That a great whimsical pic of you appearing to wear a witch hat. Jack was on the ball to get that one snapped before you moved. I love those beautiful golden leaves and I look forward to seeing more such sights at Whispering Pines in the weeks ahead.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to drink any of that Voodoo Potion or Spider Elixir. I was going to give you a hand for a spooky decorating job well done, but I see you already have a hand. :)

What a wonderful post, YaYa. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing pictures taken at your H-ween party this weekend. I hope the weather holds up. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend!

joeh said...

Flying monkeys always freaked me out!!

You're going to need a bigger wood pile...but it is a good start.

Julia said...

I no longer decorate for Fall as I lost most of my Halloween decorations in the flood last year but I love to see the decorations people put out. I was in Michael's the other day buying some beading tools and they had so many Fall decorations and Halloween decorations. I thought of you and how you would love it. I may put out some artificial fall leaves and fall flowers as decoration on the front porch to greet the few visitors as I still have those. We have no kids in the neighborhood anymore so Halloween is very low key for everyone here. Years ago we used to get so many kids at the door on Halloween night.

I'm glad Midge is with you and will enjoy your family celebrations. I keep her and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

How funy you are under the witch hat. We will have 2 full moons this month so plenty of time to get your spook on! Janice

acorn hollow said...

you are doing it up right that's for sure. so glad you sister is still doing well and is able to be with you. sounds like a good time is coming at your house.
Love your new screen door and arnie is so cute.
Enjoy
Cathy

jack69 said...

Love the talk of family time.The pictures came out great. Love the SElfie (as someone said!) you started with.
Yes the fires do make it smell like fall.
Love sent from Florida, AND HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN TIME!

Sherry & jack

betty said...

Love your decorations!! So cute with you under the witch's hat! Happy birthday to your granddaughter; what a cutie!! Its fun to see people having their decorations up here. I waver a lot about Halloween but this year I'm definitely going to pass out candy to anyone who comes to the door (safety precautions of course :)

We will be carving pumpkins as a family later this month :)

betty

CHERI said...

What wonderful decorations! Sounds like you and your family are in for a lot of fun. I haven't yet pulled out my Halloween stuff, but need to do that. Now that the grands are older and every year we have had fewer and fewer Trick or Treaters, I have lost some of my H'ween spirit. It was always such a fun time when I was in the classroom. Enjoy yourself and have a BOO-tiful time!

Kathy said...

You certainly enjoy Halloween. So many cute decorations! The picture of your trees with the yellow leaves is gorgeous. I would love to look out of my window and see that. Loved the picture of you under the witch's hat. How cute!

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]