Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Farewell

 My favorite month will be over in a few minutes.  I wanted to get this last post of the month in and say a big grateful thanks to the Lord for a beautiful October. We did have tons of rain in the past 2 weeks but rain is a good thing after a dry Summer. We certainly can't complain about the leaves...they really put on a show this year. I know I've posted tons of leaf pics but I might just have to throw a few in as a final BYE BYE!  Today Jack and I drove out of town a few miles to an Ashland County park that we've never been to.  Sauer Farm is located literally on the county line of Ashland and Huron.  We went there for their "Cider Days" celebration.  It's held outdoors and also in the barn. They have a 100yr. old cider press that was being demonstrated.  Unfortunately, it had a few issues.  Heck, when you're 100 I guess it's allowed! We sampled the cider and it was wonderful. I wish they had smaller amounts for sale. There's no way we would finish a gallon of cider!  This may be a shock to those who know me and my camera but I forgot to take pics! Crazy huh?  I did buy a couple of Christmas presents from the craft vendors.  I found a beautiful bracelet and also a watercolor painting from a local artist.   After we left there we stopped at an antique store that is jammed packed with old and new items.

I found a cute little sign for next Halloween and even though there was a lot to choose from, I didn't purchase anything else.
Not that I wasn't tempted! These are only a smidgen of the items here! I know we'll go back.  On the way back home we stopped and bought some items from a small store called "Beyond Measure".  It's a grocery/deli/bulk foods run by an organization that helps Amish who want to leave the order learn how to function in the "English" world.  It was started for women and there's even apartments on the property for them to live in. Amish get shunned from family if they leave and they only have an 8th grade education. The men would fare better with skills in carpentry and such but the women stay home to raise kids and work in the gardens, etc. So anyway, it's a nice store and the food is really good.  Yep, no pics from here either! I might have to stop back just to get a photo of the giant wood Amish buggy and horse. Even though the store was started to help those that want to leave that faith, they bank on people stopping for the Amish items for sale.  After lunch we went to a birthday party for my Granddaughter's half sister, Aria.  She's not our Grandkiddo but we've fallen in love with that little cutie and she spends time here and we're YaYa and PawPaw to her. She called my son to make sure we would come to her party. 
I couldn't say no to her cute face!

Lots of presents!

Rae was there with a friend to help Aria with the big doll house...I think I would have loved that when I was a kiddo! After singing Happy Birthday we passed on the cake and ice cream and headed for home. 
I took a nice walk in the beautiful sunshine.  For the last day of October it was so pretty. Our town already had trick or treat on Thursday (in the rain) so the Halloween activities were done. I couldn't resist some more leaf peeping in the creepy woods:

Then I watched the sun go down quietly and quickly.
I turned our lights on the deck for a final shine:
Later on I turned them off and let the heavens shine as I took a shot of the rare "blue" moon of October. 
Yes, it looks like a big white ball but it's the best I could do for today! I hope everyone enjoyed this fabulous month of Fall, Fun, and Full Moon! Don't forget to turn the clocks back...don't even get me started on how I don't like to do this...and have a good rest of the weekend!  Oh, and don't forget to vote!


8 comments:

betty said...

Looked like you did good getting out and celebrating and enjoying events. Did see the blue moon tonight; some clouds tried to block it. Did vote last weekend :) Love your leaf pictures!! We are still in summer here so it is nice to see fall pictures!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy November 2020, dear friend!

Thanks for sharing your October ending Halloween activities with us. Seems to me when you forget to take pictures it means you are too busy experiencing life and having fun. That's as it should be. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip over to Sauer Farm. We have cider in our fridge at this very moment. I have no difficulty drinking a full gallon before it turns. Mrs. Shady and I love to mill around craft and antique shops and examine vendors' wares and artwork. I appreciated learning about the Beyond Measure store. Amish stores and eateries are very popular back in my home region of Central PA. I predict Beyond Measure will continue to thrive and help the Amish families that have chosen to enter the American mainstream.

Happy birthday to dear little Aria! I believe I caught my first glimpse of her earlier this month when she joined Addy Rae Rae on one of your getaways. I couldn't wait to click and enlarge those pictures of colored leaves and the sunset. I will never grow tired of such glorious sights! I am also over the moon about that last picture in your post!

Clearly you love the month of October and I share your sadness that it has come to an end. It seems like the weather was uncharacteristically cooperative this year and that makes me happy for you. Take care and have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

this fall sure was a stunner here too. It is sad to leave fall behind for the deep dark cold.
So sweet that you took that little one into your heart. Kids is what the world is about.
We have gotten some much needed rain too.
Happy November
Cathy

Susan Zarzycki said...

I enjoyed your photos and am sad to see the leaves falling from the trees. We had our first heavy frost the other night, Brrr. Happy Sunday!💖

jack69 said...

It is hard to beat Apple Cider in the Fall. Love it. Sounds like a fun time. Enjoy the family pics.
Sherry & jack

Julia said...

I'm sure it meant a lot to little Aria that you and Jack attended her birthday party. That is some nice dollhouse.

October has come and gone and my birthday month is already here.

I didn't turn the time back on my clocks yet but noticed the time was changed automatically on my cell phone and computer. Now the time will be correct on my car clock. I never bothered changing the time on my car in the spring.

Most of our trees are bare now. I hope for a mild winter. Is it too much to hope for?

Take care sweet friend.
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Belated Halloween....yes, I am late, but I, too, was celebrating the last day of my favorite month. Unfortunately, I did not even have time to do a final Halloween post. I wish I could have spent in the woods as you did....and smelled the richness of the fallen leaves as the earth welcomes them back into itself. That sunset is stunning. I am sad that we had no glimpses of the moon in her glorious fullness. It was cloudy, cold...and horribly windy....and the wind persisted all night and into today....many without power. Not a leaf to be seen here at this point. Your outing sounds like fun....We never had many places like that here...and what fun places there were mostly have closed their doors...permanently. So very sad. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday..... ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Who could say NO to that cutie pie! I so love amish made food goods and purchase from my them when I visit my mom. Their quilts are to die for. Janice