Thursday, January 9, 2020

A Work Less Day

I was asked yesterday if I would like a low census day today.  You don't have to ask me twice about taking a day off! The clinical coordinator had a smile on her face when she asked..she knew how I'd answer I guess! Every once in a while it's nice to have a "work less day" in the week.  Now, I may not be in surgery, but I do have things I try to accomplish with this free day.  After sleeping in..yum, I love that, I got up and washed and waxed my kitchen floor, vacuumed the house, made 2 loaves of bread...banana nut and cinnamon swirl...took a jaunt in the Creepy Woods, had lunch with Jack, (Chinese was very good!), checked blogs, and I'll be heading out soon to take Arnie for a walk in the cemetery.  The weather has been freakishly nice this January and I want to take advantage of every nice day to get out and walk.  Sometimes I think I need to do something  fabulous and great when I get one of these work less days but then I realize that no matter what I do, or accomplish, it's all fabulous!
I took out the old rug that was a solid navy blue and put in a lighter shaded one.  Brightens up the space.
Two loaves of sweet bread, wrapped and ready for work tomorrow. I'm sure my coworkers won't mind my day off endeavors!
This is the same view as my snowy header pic only it's very snow less today! We're going to have temps in the 50's and 60's this weekend.  The Winterfest ice scupture folks who are planning this annual festival on Saturday and Sunday won't be too thrilled.  This has happened a few times but they hold the event anyway.  Not sure we'll get there to see the ice melt, but who knows.
Finally, I'll put a pic of my new work shoes that arrived yesterday.  Looking back at my blog from last year I saw that I had a new pair around the same time.  When you're on your feet all day you need to change out shoes at least once a year...maybe more depending on your feet. Worst thing to have is a bad back followed by bad feet.  Good shoes can help both.  So that's why I blog..to check and see when I last bought new work shoes! Ha! Actually, it's time to put my 2019 blog into print.  That's something I do every year and I've come to love those books. It's fun to look back and remember that everyone has a story.  Some are much more interesting than mine, but mine is still a life that's worth recording and this is the easiest way and fun too, to do it.  I've met some really nice folks in blog land and even if the post is about shoes, or bread,  or weather, or "work less days", it's surely not a "worthless day" to put in print.  I hope everyone has a wonderful, blog worthy day!
   

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

I'm delighted to learn that you had the day off, slept in a little and kept busy doing things you enjoy inside and outside the house. That's quite a list of accomplishments, dear friend! I hope Arnie enjoyed his walk in the cemetery. I admire your light blue rug and agree it brightens up the room. Those loaves of sweet bread look so good that I am forced to wear a drool bucket around my neck as I write this comment! Your coworkers will really appreciate digging into those baked treats. I predict they'll urge you to take more days off, even if it means playing hooky, so that you can produce additional loaves for their benefit. I examined that snow-free picture of your Creepy Woods. Just to the right of center, beyond those "goal post" trees, I spotted the elusive yeti reclining on the fallen leaves, his head resting upon a log. Like you I measure the passing of time by how many new pairs of work shoes you have purchased. I think our friendship is now eight pairs in duration. :) To state that yours is "still a life that's worth recording," is the understatement of the century. Your way of life and your wonderful family are an inspiration to us all, Kathleen. I am happy to know that you are preserving your blog in print form year after year. The youngest members of your clan in particular will surely be thankful to have a tangible record of the family's evolution.

Enjoy the rest of your day and week, dear friend YaYa!

joeh said...

You call that a day off? You are going to have a tough time in retirement!

Seriously, busy is great when it is not work busy.

betty said...

That bread looks so good! I like work less days like this. You don't expect them at the start of the week but then its a bonus surprise. Kinda of like a snow day! Seems like you took great advantage of your day too with all you did! Sleeping in is always an added bonus! I do agree with you about making sure your feet have the best of shoes. When you are on them all day, got to take care of them. Feet hurt, everything hurts!

betty

jmac said...

I'm a YaYa too....to 6 gorgeous grands. But I was a yaya way before they even entered my world. I was one of the instigators of the yaya hammock which was a message board that we created after the Secrets of the Divine Sisterhood came out. I went to school with the author and my mom was in the original circle of the yayas!!

I also send my blog to be published every year. It serves as our family diary and I think the grandchildren will love reading it over and over when they are older. I order a copy for each of my 3 son's familys. Time to go to print, eh?

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

So glad you were able to have a day off. I know your co-workers will enjoy your bread. I know I would.:-) We are suppose to have rain moving in tonight and into Friday and then Freezing rain and sleet on Saturday. UGH. Prefer snow over ice. Janice

jack69 said...

I know one day you will enjoy 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday. Until then the day off is a blessing. I smelled your kitchen, love to smell bread baking. Sounded good you and Jack enjoying the Chinese together. Good Stuff.
From Florida love
Sherry & jack

Stacy said...

I love those kinds of days. You always accomplish so much! The best is house full of baking smells.