Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Vacation Post

How 7 days can fly by so fast is beyond me, but it sure did on our trip to see Craig and family in Oregon.  It was a really nice trip, a bit different from the other ones we've taken out there.  Usually we go in the summer when the kids are out of school. It worked out better to take this trip in the Fall so we just went with the flow of their daily lives.  I kidded them that we wanted to see them in their natural habitat!  There's all the typical things like school, music lessons, dance lessons, Boy Scouts and church activities.  I think I'd forgotten how much we used to run with our own crew back in the day!  I'm just going to post the pics that captured some fun moments.  The kids are growing and changing so much and it was great to spend this time with them. We really miss you guys!
It was nice to see Fall colors as our trees have been slow to change this year.
We ate breakfast at this cute little cafe.
The inside was adorable and the food was really good!
Hey Craig and Jack!
Across the street from the cafe was a barn that sold produce and many cutesy things for the home. They also had chickens and goats out back! Craig and Amy had fun feeding them!
Jack walked around and enjoyed the Fall atmosphere.   We went to a harvest festival at Sophia's school.  She was able to dress up in her Halloween costume.
She was a huntress with a bow and arrow! As all school festivals go there was lots of kids and noise! But it was very well organized and I enjoyed seeing her school and her friends.
Candy corn face paint anyone?  On Saturday we took a trip to the Roloff  pumpkin farm.  I don't know if you watch "Little People, Big World".   This is their famous home and pumpkin farm.  It was really fun and all the people there were so darn nice!  I got to meet Amy Roloff:
She posed for pics with tons of people.  I just happen to be the first one there that day!  We also saw Matt Roloff and his son Jeremy and also Zak's son and wife.   I didn't take their pics however...don't know why.   My daughter-in-law and the girls and I took a wagon tour of the place.   Pretty impressive what they've done there.
Lots of pumpkins but we didn't buy any there...a bit pricey!  Then we took off for Top Golf.  I had never been there before.   I'm not a golfer but I did hit a few balls out at the targets.

Craig in the resident golfer although Sophie likes to play here too.
She did pretty good!
Last night was pumpkin carving and they did a good job!  Very serious work here!  Took off early this morning and got back around 4 this afternoon.  We're tired but so glad we made the trip.
We love this family and can't believe how big the kids have gotten.  They are really good kids who study hard, enjoy family time and love to kid around and just have fun...we miss you all already!



6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Welcome home, dear friend! I couldn't help noticing your header. :) I don't mean to pry, but have you lost weight? :)

Thank you for showing us highlights of your trip out to the West Coast to see Craig and his family. I envy you and Jack strolling around with jackets and sweaters on surrounded by the beauty of fall leaves. The scenery out there is stunning. I would have spent hours back there talking to and feeding the chickens and goats. It was nice to see closeups of Sophia, the family member who got us laughing years ago with her announcement that she lives in Oregon, Portland. I'm surprised she doesn't remember. She and the other children have certainly grown! I am not familiar with the Roloff pumpkin farm or the dwarf family the Roloffs who star in their own TV reality series. I'm glad you got to meet Amy and pose for a picture with her. What a field of pumpkins! The Top Golf course looks like fun. I never saw anything like it. I admire the group shot at the end of the post and I am happy to see so many smiling faces. You have a wonderful family, YaYa! I hope Jord took good care of Arnie while you were away and that both of them were happy to see you when you walked through the door.

Have a safe and happy Halloween at The Pines, dear friend!

betty said...

Looked like lots of fun! Always good to see family, especially if you haven't seen them in a bit! Great looking bunch you all are!

betty

acorn hollow said...

Looks like a wonderful time and I am sure it was wonderful to see family again.
Cathy

Julia said...

hahaha...I think you've been in the kitchen far too long Yaya but the pie still looks good enough to eat. You always have such a great sense of humor. Maybe you could eat the whole pie. lol...
It looks like you had a fantastic vacation with your son and his family but I can't get over how fast the kids grew.
It's raining here in Ottawa today but it's supposed to stop just in time for the little grandsons' Trick and Treating. The poach and yard is all decorated for Halloween and the pumpkins are carved.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.
Hugs, Julia

Kay G. said...

Oh, I am so glad you got to go on this trip! What a lovely family. Love all those pumpkins and lovely autumnal photos. xx