Sunday, November 4, 2018

Time Flying Backwards

Yes, it was the time going back an hour weekend.  I don't like this time change. I know everyone says they can have that extra hour of sleep...or whatever you want to do with it.  For me it just makes me more tired.  At work when it's 2 o'clock and my body says it's really 3 o'clock I'm so over the day.  I just read that there are more heart attacks with this time change than other times of the year.  Not sure if that's gospel so don't quote me.  I hope everyone used their time wisely. I hope everyone felt an hour younger.  I really hope some day this changing time thing goes away!  After getting home from our vacation it was catch up time. (Since I'm talking about time!)  It was good to get back into the routine of our daily lives.  Jack and I both had off Wednesday so we took time to visit our son Phil's new shop.
He manages the Safelite Auto Glass in Mansfield.  He's turned it into one of the most successful shops in the state.  The headquarters is in Columbus so he has more pressure on his shop than those in other states.  We're proud of him and so glad he could move from the previous place that was way too small!
Nice job Phil!  Wednesday night we went our son Jack's home to join them in Halloween fun.  We missed Phil's girls trick or treating since we were in Portland and Ashland always does that the Thursday before Halloween.  So we went to Jack's and I walked with Cameron and his Mom as he went trick or treating.  I was a bit perplexed at his costume. 
What? I asked him why he was a care bear...was he broken hearted care bear?  Heck no! He told me he was a video game character and I wouldn't know that since I don't do video games.  After I stopped laughing, we headed out.  He was mistaken for a girl at most places.  He would then lower his voice down when he said "trick or treat" and watch the peoples expressions as they realized he wasn't a girl. It was pretty funny.  Anyway, he had fun and so did I!  Even though I only worked 2 days this past week I was ready for the weekend.  It's gone too fast, even with gaining an hour.  Back to the grind tomorrow.  To end this special time blog, here's a few leaf peeping picks from my walks in the cemetery with Arnie.
Nice colors..
Amazingly big trees!  We've had tons of rain and wind so it won't be long before all the color and leaves have left us.  I enjoy the month of November...the quiet month before the rush of December.
A time to remember all our blessings and a time to be very thankful for them! Have a good week!

7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

a friend of my daughter her son had a costume on and I had no idea what it was and it was a guy on a video game. I am officially old ha ha
out trees are mostly bare now and it is getting cold. I do not like the time change leave it alone.
Cathy

betty said...

That is a cute costume, I bet it did turn a few people's heads when they realized it was a guy in it. Such pretty trees with their leaves! We don't change the time in Arizona, as you probably know, and I got to say I don't miss it one bit. We just have to remember that family is at different times than they were before if we want to call them. It does mess up my schedule for work since I work for a national company and I have to change my schedule template as the system doesn't automatically update it that we don't do the time change here. It gets confusing trying to figure it out since everything is done Central Standard Time because that's where the company is located. I've messed it up twice so far, hope I got it right this time :) I'm going to try to spend November more thankful this year than I've done in previous years and I'm going to try to overlook the stores already decorated for Christmas :)

betty

joeh said...

I can not recall anyone having anything positive to say about DLST in years. I think it's time is almost up.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thank you for posting the pictures of the brilliantly colored fall leaves in your area. Your header is also striking! The trees seem to be at their peak of beauty this week.

Regarding the time change, I think people are tempted to stay up an extra hour later the night before, and therefore don't actually get an extra hour of sleep. I notice myself getting hungry for lunch an hour earlier and wanting to get out of bed in the morning an hour earlier.

Congratulations to Phil in his position as manager of Safelite Auto Glass! You can be very proud of his achievements.

Cameron went all out with his costume. I hope there were a few air holes so that he could breathe properly inside that bear head. I hope Arnie wasn't spooked by kids wearing costumes for trick-or-treat. Our Toto loved Halloween. Every Oct. 31 she stood for hours in the front window barking, wagging her stub and watching the kids come and go.

Enjoy your week, dear friend YaYa!

Rick Watson said...

I think everyone should band together and simply not change our clocks.

Julia said...

Congratulations to your son, Phil on his new shop. He's a winner.

I don't mind so much the time change in the fall but I don't like the time change in the spring. I think that if people really hate the time change, they can start a movement on Facebook and take it from there. Personally, I think we should go with the natural flow of the seasons.

Hugs, Julia

CHERI said...

You sure are a busy lady!!! Like you, we don't particularly like this time change either. I already am a poor sleeper...now I will have to readjust to the change...grrrr!!! Congrats to your son!!!