Friday, November 9, 2018

Freaky Friday

Every day at the hospital new rules rise up like bread dough.  The latest is the low census rule.  If you're offered low census you can say yes but know that if you're called before 7:30 am you will have to come to work and work someplace in the hospital that needs a warm body.  I'm waiting for the day I can make cookies in the cafeteria!  Anyway, today they must have been fully staffed so I have the day off...a Friday to make it a longer weekend! Great, because I  have plenty of projects to complete because family is coming in next week to celebrate an early Thanksgiving feast with us.  I'm on call Thanksgiving and that weekend so we're gathering early.  To my surprise Jack told me to grab the camera this morning and check the outdoors..
Footsteps on the deck....footsteps and paw prints on the SNOW!  Having snow in November isn't unusual around these parts but he thought I would like to click a pic of the first one of the season.
Yep, it's here!
After the sun came up I took another shot because it probably will be gone by noon as the temps rise and the rain falls instead.
Fall wreath on the door...winter snow on the steps.
A little more than frost on the pumpkin this morning!
Nothing prettier than a flocked pine tree and a warm welcome from our home to yours! Enjoy your Friday and I hope it's really not freaky at all!

8 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Yaya, thanks for your warm comment on my blog. Wow, you got snow early, but I bet it's all gone by now. We had snow when I was in Ottawa but the next day, it was gone.

I hope that you have a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with your family. Too bad you have to work on Thanksgiving. I wish I was there to sample your good cooking. Our Thanksgiving has already gone by in October.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Julia

betty said...

So funny, its funny cooling down here a bit into the low 80s and other parts of the country have snow. Good thing you could enjoy it from inside of your own home and not on the road. I kind of like that low census rule except if you got to a department you might not want to work in. I guess the hospitals try anything to cut costs.

betty

gin said...

Oh goodness, snow already! I would not be happy. But it is pretty. Enjoy your early Thanksgiving with the family.

Shady Del Knight said...

Dear YaYa, please forgive my absence from your blog. I cannot focus on blogging right now because, ever since yesterday at noon, I have been living in a hospice house in another city awaiting the imminent death of a close family member. I am using a borrowed laptop to get this message to you because you are a dear friend. Our mutual friend Kathleen Mae Schneider will be filling in for me at Shady's Place with a new post starting this Sunday. I would greatly appreciate it if you would give Kathleen your support while I am away from blogging dealing with this family crisis. You know how much Kathleen appreciates your comments and she always writes replies to comments on her guest posts.

Thank you very much, YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

we have had our fist dusting and tonight 1 to 2 inches. Sorry for the changes at work but lucky you having the day off.
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

I thought we might get some snow last night. We’d had rain most of the day and the temperature was dropping, but the moisture moved off to the east and the two fronts never met.

Susan Kane said...

Great photos! The wreath and then snow on threes are extra great.

CHERI said...

SNOW????? Seriously????? Today is the first really cool day we've had here...high was in the 60s:) Having any snow at all is basically foreign to us, but I have barely pulled out my sweaters in November!!! It only snows here a very minimal amount every several years...we all go crazy when we see even a few flakes in the air:) Hope you've enjoyed your extra time off. That's one of the best parts of retirement....knowing you have LOTS of free time (although I do get bored sometimes!)