Monday, October 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Rae!

Holy cow, it's October 1st!  I love this month and to start it out we celebrate my Granddaughter's 10th birthday.  Addy Rae is such a sweet, fun, happy little girl and Saturday we went over and helped her and a million of her little friends celebrate.   Her theme was Hollywood stars.
We walked the red carpet that had her name and all her friends names.  Cute idea.
Rae slides into being 10!  When I was growing up we only had those birthday games or a sleep over.  Now it's an event with all kinds of stuff to entertain the crowd...like this ginormous slide.
Throw in a few friends and you have a 10 year old pileup!
Her sister Lexi was there to enjoy the fun too.
Her Dad and PawPaw Jack grilled the hotdogs. 
The girls lined up and filled their plates with the tons of good food that Rae chose for the occasion.   After eating it was time for the gifts.  Rae is so much fun to give gifts to because she loves everything and anything and is so gracious and thankful.  Here are a few pics of her expressions after opening her gifts.
Surprise!
Delight!
Joy!
And even tears when she got a gift she had been asking for.  Oh to be 10 and find life so amazing.
Happy Birthday dear Rae Rae!  We sure love you!


8 comments:

betty said...

Happy birthday to your sweet granddaughter! The party looked like lots of fun!

betty

gin said...

Happy birthday to Rae Rae!! Yes birthday parties now a days are full of entertainment. Loved seeing her sweet expressions.

joeh said...

Great fun, well done!

In the day, we had just as much fun with ice cream, cake, and pin the tale on the donkey in the basement, but I know that would not cut it today.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi YaYa!

Happy 10th birthday to Addy Rae! I've been following you for years and I think this is the first time you have called her Rae instead of Addy. Is that something new? Does she now prefer to be called Rae? For years I have watched Addy Rae grow along with sister Lexi and all the other grandkiddos. It is a pleasure to see them blossoming into such wonderful young people. This party which featured a red carpet walk of fame, ginormous slide and food menu picked by the guest of honor herself, deserves an Addy Award. Gracious, thankful, easy to please, easy to smile, easy to laugh, easy to shed tears of joy, Rae is my kind of people, and I predict that her sincere, enthusiastic attitude will enable her to have an amazing life. Once again happy birthday to a much loved member of your family, dear Addy Rae!

acorn hollow said...

happy birthday oh young girls are so much fun and noisy
Cathy

CHERI said...

Happy Birthday to Rae. She sure is a cutie pie! My DIL is amazing at putting together birthday parties. I've told her she could go into business if we lived in a bigger town! BUT...she sure can spend a ton of $$$$ on them too! My granddaughter is looking forward to her 13th next year and is already planning another big spend-the-night party. About 3 years ago she had one for her birthday and there were 17 little girls!!! Can you imagine?? Lots of squeals & giggles! The most we probably did in my day was PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY and SPIN THE BOTTLE:)

Christina said...

Aww so you have two granddaughters close in age to Stella. These are such fun years! I like all of those cute party ideas. I might copy some of them. Happy birthday to Rae! It seems like she was just a baby on your blog!

cocoya said...


Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your web site by chance, and I am surprised why this coincidence did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.
คาสิโน