Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happy Fall

Another season change and this is my favorite.  I'm over the hot and humid days we had all summer.  It's not always that bad and I think part of my struggle this year was the absence of the pool.  It was a good pool season but I survived and now I'm loving the cooler temps that moved in Saturday.  It was such a typical Fall looking day with clouds and cool breezes.  Last night the temps were in the 40's.  Yep, loving it.   Just to make it really seem like Fall, Jack and I went to a favorite festival of ours.  The Prairie Peddler festival is usually the first 2 weekends in October but was changed this year to this weekend and next weekend.  Yesterday was the perfect day for us.  I was hoping the cool temps and threat of a shower would keep folks away but it was pretty crowded.   Things ran really smooth  however,  and we had a fun day. 
The vendors lined the paths in the woods.   I managed to find a few fun things to purchase.
Wooden pumpkin and a wooden candy corn..can't hardly live without that!
Here's your sign!  We thought it was a win-win because if we want to give it to one of the kids the name's the same. 
We sat down in the crowd for some lunch and these guys were playing and having a great time.  The music was really good and we enjoyed their sense of humor too!
Bison chili and hot dogs for Jack..
Ruben sandwich for me! Yum!
After a few hours we were overloaded with cute so we took off  for home.  Although we have a slew of projects on our plate right now, I'm glad we took the time to enjoy this first weekend of Fall.  Last night we had a lovely sunset.  Hope this week brings good weather for everyone and lovely sunsets every night!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a gorgeous sunset. Sounds like the perfect way to begin the fall season.

acorn hollow said...

sounds wonderful and I would have chosen a Ruben too. We have had wonderful fall weather also my favorite
Cathy

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm happy to learn that your hot spell finally broke and you are enjoying seasonal temps. If the mercury is already dropping down to the 40's at night it's a sign that fall is taking root. That Prairie Peddler festival looks like lots of fun. I wonder why they moved the event from early October to late September. I just found out the powers that be are considering moving the York Interstate Fair up from early September to late August to get the exposition completed before chilly, rainy September weather sets in. I admire the wooden pumpkin and candy corn you bought at the fest, and that H-ween greeting sign is the coolest. I would have chosen the Ruben sandwich same as you. I hope Jack stuck a hot dog in his pocket and took it home to Arnie. That's a stunning fall sunset! Thanks for sharing that picture and please show me some fall leaves in upcoming posts. You know how much I look forward to seeing them.

Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

gin said...

You’re starting fall off just right. A fall festival is always looked forward to and a beautiful sunset. Happy Fall!

Rick Watson said...

I love festivals. We have two the first week in October. It’s still hot here but the weather people swear it will get cooler soon. Fingers crossed.