Sunday, September 9, 2018

Do We Need An Ark?

I'm not one who hates the rain.  I welcome it's refreshing coolness after last weeks blistering hot and humid days.  However, it's been raining pretty much straight for the past few days thanks to the remnants of Hurricane Gordon.  The temps were only in the 60's today...ahhh, love it.   I think the end is near and it came down gently and not torrential downpours.  So our grass is super green and growing as I type this! My tomato plants are nearing their end but the peppers seem to be growing forever...and that's OK.  We've been working on our projects and I blogged about the outbuilding progress.  We went from this:
To this:
To this:
Here's the inside version:
Hello space! Hello space for more junk!  Not really.  I joked that we had to get an outbuilding so we could downsize!  The gator, lawnmowers, snowblowers, and all other odds and ends will get out of the garage along with some other real "junk" that will make room for Jack's car.   Look out trash people...we're downsizing!   So what else has been going on?  Well, our apple tree was ready to be picked so I combined our apples with the orchard's and made some applesauce.  I bought an electric canner and I love it!
It doesn't do a ton of jars at a time but we're not canning for an army.  Last week I had Tuesday off.  It was super hot and humid so Arnie and I took our walk early.  We went to the park and it was deserted! With school back in all the kiddos were gone...just peace and quiet!

The pool was empty.  The grounds keepers were taking down the diving boards and getting it all buttoned up for Winter.
Playground empty.
The bandshell waiting for next years' free concerts on those Summer Thursday and Sunday nights.
Sorry Arnie...no music today!
Proof that Fall is only a few weeks away.  The picnic tables are just collecting falling leaves.  Have a good week.
 Night all.

6 comments:

joeh said...

Better put the car in the garage quick, those empty spaces tend to fill up without even knowing it. My tomatoes have just stopped tomatoing.

betty said...

I like your new outbuilding!! Almost roomy enough to live in :) Fall seems definitely in the air in your neck of the woods!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

"When life gives you apples... make applesauce." - Shady Del Knight :)

Hi, Yaya!

That's a lovely skyscape you used for your header, dear friend!

I'm happy to learn that your hot spell has come to an end. They usually end with storms. That's how mother nature rolls. You have a very handsome out building on your property now! Ever notice how quickly an empty storage space fills up with stuff? :) I'll bet Arnie was buffaloed when you took him for a walk to places that are usually crowded and noisy and instead he found them deserted. I'll bet his sniffer was working overtime searching for signs of life. I can't wait to see your fall posts with pictures of brilliantly colored leaves.

Take care and have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Rick Watson said...

We’re so close we can smell the barn :)
It’s been raining here too.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

An electric canner??? Tell me more Yaya! I'll bet it's safer than a pressure cooker. Your lawn looks gorgeous. We haven't had enough rain to make our lawn green again.
Have a great week,
Andrea

Kay G. said...

I love that big outbuilding, it is so dang big but I bet I could still fill it up in a heartbeat! LOL!
Your area just looks so pretty, I love the look of that outdoor arena, you are making me jealous! xx