Sunday, October 7, 2018

Something Wicked..And Funny This Way Comes!

I guess I should say something "wickedly funny" comes to the Pines every October.  We gather as a crazy family to have a bit of Halloween and Fall season fun.  The food is always yummy if not a bit scary..
Looks like a murder happened here!
Ouch..a bloody finger this way comes..
The eyes have it..blood shot or with spiders..your choice!
There were sweeter and sillier things on the menu too.  I didn't get a pic (surprising, I know!) of our rootbeer floats in scientific flasks, or witches fingers on a platter..  The rootbeer floats were fun to see foam all over the place like a bad experiment.  Yikes! After everyone was full I gave the kiddos some work to do.
A Fall harvest word search.
Then some pumpkin decorating...no cutting involved with these...Nice Rae Rae!
A cousin pumpkin showdown..The little cutie on the end is Rae and Lexi's  half sister, Aria.  She's so sweet and we enjoyed having her visit with us today and join in the fun!
I had a bucket full of funny disguises to pick from.
Even the grown ups joined in..well at least Phil did!  He loves Halloween like his Mom!
Summer stopped by on her way to a wedding reception.  When it was time for her to leave she said "I want to stay here!" But she had to go and I was just really happy she stopped by.   All too soon everyone took off for home.  Full of food, fun and goody bags with sweet surprises.  This is a tradition that has changed over the years as the kids have grown. We change up the menu and do different activities but  I hope we always take time to gather together just to enjoy each other's company.
Lexi, I wish I could jump for joy too! It was great!
Have a wickedly fun weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I am happy to get a look at the batch of spooky treats you prepared for Halloween 2018, dear friend! When it comes to staging frightening foods on table or plate, no one can match your creativity and imagination. I'd love to taste one of your root beer floats. Addy (aka Rae Rae) did a fine job with her pumpkin, as did all of the grandkiddos, the proof visible in that wide shot on the deck. Little Aria is a cutie pie. It's nice to see another picture of Summer who dropped by on her way to a wedding reception. It's too bad you don't have a grandkiddo named Autumn who could have arrived as Summer was on the way out. :) That's a super shot of Lexi in mid air! All that's missing from these pictures is Arnie. I hope he enjoyed the festivities. I wish my old buddy Eddy were still there, too, with a funny hat on his head milling around looking for food droppings, and I still think about your departed cat - an ideal living Halloween prop!

Have a great Sunday and wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

what a fun and yummy gathering! It is always nice to get together.
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

What fun! I love those spidered deviled eggs. Yom.

betty said...

Looks like so much fun with such great tasting "wickedly delicious" food! Great tradition that has grown over time! Such cute pumpkins decorated!

betty

Julia said...

This is awesome!!! You make me wish I was there to join in the fun. I think it's wonderful that you organize this Fun Halloween gathering every year.

Hugs, Julia

gin said...

I would love your Halloween parties. It all looked just perfect. You make it so fun for the kids (and adults) I’m sure they will forever look forward to this time for familty.

CHERI said...

Oh my! Your family really does have a wicked sense of humor:) I'm afraid if I visited I might go home hungry though!!! I think it's wonderful for families to get together for some fun...and a little wickedness every now and then helps:) Happy Fall, y'all!