Friday, January 8, 2010

My new favorite book

It's here! My little blog book has arrived. I started blogging in Feb. 2008 and for the last 2 years have blogged atleast 2-3 times a month. I had it all compiled into a book. I used the cutest blog on the block web site that I also use for my backgrounds. They started doing share books. It was very easy and quick to do and I think it came out super! I won't wait 2 years again to make another however. It will be cheaper to go every 6mo or maybe one year and do another volume. I got the soft cover but it's very sturdy and I'm very pleased with how quickly I received it. If you're thinking about doing one, I highly recommend it. It's a great way to save all your entries and pics without a ton of paper around the house!
Why blog? It started out as a way to send pics and keep in touch with family that live out of town. It turned into a journal that included pictures and I could write about how I was feeling or what I was thinking on any particular day. I don't think too many people read it, but all the important ones do! So now I have the last 2 years recorded and published and who knows, maybe someday one of the kids might like to keep it and see what really was important to me and to Jack. Although I do the writing and picture taking, he enjoys the blogs as much as I do.So if you're as bad about keeping a journal as I am, try blogging and you'll be surprised how boring you life really isn't!
The cutest thing about the whole book?? There are even chapters listed with the page numbers! Love it!

4 comments:

Beth said...

That is soooo cool! I love it. I was thinking about starting another blog with recipes for the girls to use out West, I thought I could make that into a book for Christmas do you have any suggestions.
P.S. I love your blog you are so much fun!

Donna said...

Like writing a book!! Wow...you know I'll copy that idea (-imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???) and do it too....if I can afford it! Such a neat idea...bring it to work so I can see it...can't wait!!!

Donna said...

P>S> Your new favorite quote is very insightful and thought provoking...thanks for making me think.

the Provident Woman said...

That's really cool! I'll have to do that with mine.
theprovidentwoman.com