Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010


When we look back on the last decade it would be easy to focus on all the not so happy events. Family members that passed away and will never be forgotten, economic times changing, changes in families and health issues. But we have had some wonderful events too. Weddings, grandkiddos being born, travel times that were awesome and family events that drew us closer and our occupations that remind us how precious good health is and all the many blessings that we have. Community service that help us give back and church callings that increase our knowledge of our faith and remind us of what should really be the important things to focus on. I could mention all the resolutions I made..but I didn't really make any that are different from all the other past years! I just hope maybe I can accomplish atleast one! So lets head on into this new decade with hope, happiness, and good health. Here are a few things I did to start 2010:

We had to eat the "good luck" traditional New Years food: Pork (ribs because we don't like pork roast),black eyed peas, sauerkraut. I don't know if they really bring good luck, but I'm not taking any chances.
Say good-bye to Santa..See 'ya next year old fella!
Taking a walk in the creepy woods in winter makes it not too creepy...you can see all the nooks and crannies and enjoy the crisp air..a good way to start the new year.
So 2009, don't let the decade hit you in the bum on the way out...you also forgot to take the bronchitis you gave me with 'ya...Happy New year!

4 comments:

Donna said...

GOOD blog!!! I agree with everything you said....ditto,ditto,ditto!! We had ribs and sauerkraut balls to eat, hahaha!!
Hope you are feelin' better!!!

Donna said...

P>S> Like your new background...I almost picked it!! lol

Beth said...

Happy New Year and new decade to the Starkey's. Love your post. Hope you get to feeling better. I need to get it together on my blog this year. Hey a new resolution. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.