Friday, May 31, 2024

May Fly!

 My title might have you thinking I'm talking about bugs today.  Nope, just realizing how May flew by so quickly! For a long month of 31 days it sure went fast.   Tomorrow is June 1st and it really means summer fun, projects, cookouts, vacations and the end of the school year for most. (my Granddaughter in Oregon is still in school for a little longer).  Tomorrow our Lexi will graduate high school and of course I'll be there with camera in hand to capture this special moment in her life.  She stopped by for a second with Phil and was just beaming with excitement.  Do you remember your high school graduation? Were you excited to be moving into adulthood?  I remember it well and was a little nervous about finding a job that summer.  My high school classes were geared for work in the business world as a secretary, or as they are called now, administrative assistant.  However, the thought of sitting in at a desk all day and commuting to downtown Chicago just didn't feel right.  My Mom mentioned the hospital where she worked had a position as a nursing assistant in surgery.  I had been a candy striper volunteer there and knew the hospital well.  It was suppose to be a summer job and give me time to find what I wanted to do.  However, I enjoyed it and my position lasted past summer and eventually after 2yrs I went back to school to be a surgical technician. I'll celebrate 50yrs as a surgical tech this August.  Definitely not on my career path from high school.  Did you go on to do what you had in mind in high school or did your path take a few turns?  Most folks do take different paths in life and I'm hoping Lexi can find her passion in college.  She's looking to work in the health care field.  Only time will tell.  Well, I'll say bye to May and leave a few pics of this lovely month we've had.


I repainted the deck and made it look nice and clean and fresh. We got the furniture out over the weekend and now can sit and enjoy gathering there.
Roses blooming on the pergola.  The other side has pink ones and this year it's finally getting bigger and climbing.
Iris are done for now
Azaleas were beautiful this year and I was sad to say good-bye for this year.
Snowball bush as I call it was loaded with blooms and now I'll trim it way back.
Dogwoods have bloomed and now are all green again.  The seasons all have their beauty and I know June will bring lots of changes in landscape and hopefully some fun and adventures.  Bye May, you brought lots of beauty to the Pines this year. 

5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yes, each season has its beauty and it seems spring and summer hold a parade of seasons within the season with all the kaleidoscope of blooms that change weekly - sometimes daily. And, yes, I do remember graduating from high school. It brought a mix of emotions. I was somewhat apprehensive about what was to come - knowing I'd miss the "security" of school. You went to school and there really was no option...now I had to decide where and what I would do. My counselor had talked me into trying to go to college. I had not even thought it an option as no one in my family had ever gone and we certainly had no money for it with my father having passed away several years prior. But the counselor insisted it could be done and even if I didn't finish, it would be time well spent. So, college it was...together with working. My "original" chosen path was archeology/anthropology but, as we know, things changed after that. Yes, I got degrees in those fields - as well as Spanish - but then took a detour LOL. Anyways...long story but, in my defense, you asked. ;-) Your porch/patio look so inviting. I'm in love with your roses. Have a great weekend! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Yes I do remember my graduation. And happy 50th year.
Your deck looks nice. We wimped out and have a painter doing our porch.
Your yard looks lovely and yes it is one busy month for us.
Cathy
congratulations to your granddaughter. School for another couple of weeks here but I think we go back later and of course those snow days.

Julia said...

Your place looks so fresh and inviting. I want to come and sit down for a cool glass of lemonade and admire your flowering trees. A piece of Baclava would be nice too. hehe.

You're so right, May went so fast, it makes my head spin. I know that June will go by just as fast.

You followed your heart and worked in a career that benefitted so many people. I admire those who work in the health profession. It's not always an easy job. You have to love what you do.

Take care, Yaya, and stay well.
Hugs, Julia



Deb J. in Utah said...

Congrats to your granddaughter. I wanted to be a journalist and majored in journalism and history in college. I teach English in high school, so I kind of stayed in the same field, or at least in something kind of related. I hope you have a great week and a good June!

Therasia Fraire said...

I was diagnose of herpes virus year 2010 then my life got devastated i have no idea what I could do with my life anymore until I came across a old friend of mine tiffany whom we study together back then in college, she was an African America I explain to her my current health condition she laughed and say that is not a problem because she know a traditional herbal doctor from African whom will cure me completely with a herbal medicines I wow about the conversation then she gave me the herbal doctor email address drjekawo@gmail.com Dr Jekawo replied my mail and I was so happy and he explained how the treatment will go through 25 days, I agreed I paid the preparation fee of the herbal medicines and I received the herbal product within few weeks after preparation of the herbal medicines, I drink the herbal medicine as instructed I must confess that Dr Jekawo is a great traditional herbal doctor I go for a rapid test I was cured completely then I recommend him to my mom whom suffering from dementia and my husband whom was suffering from prostate cancer also get cured by Dr Jekawo. I want to use this your platform to thank him so much and to also recommend him to anyone suffering from herpes,cancer,fibroid,prostate infection,parkinson,gonorrhea,hiv,chlamydia,diabets,hpv,hepatitis and so many diseases Dr Jekawo can cure with his ancestral herbal knowledge is beyond my imagination.