Monday, May 15, 2023

Progression

 I can't believe that May is half over and I've only blogged once! I need to be more progressive or maybe more aggressive in getting some posts in.  Before I go into my thoughts I want to take time to say Happy Mother's Day to all the great Mom's out there.  I sure miss my Mom and May wasn't only Mother's Day but also her birthday month and also the month she passed away 3 years ago.  Lots of memories and dates that bring her to mind in the month of May.  

This was taken at her 90th birthday party.  She would have been 97 this year on May 17th.  Just a few days away.  We all miss you Mom.  This coming weekend would have been the time we would travel to Chicago and celebrate with her.  So Happy Mother's Day and Happy Heavenly Birthday Mom!  This month has been a combo pack of weather.  Cold, warm, rainy, a bit of snow, and lately pretty nice Spring temps.  I know I showed the sidewalk mess in my previous post and it took a bit to get it finished but progress was made when Mother Nature got on board.
Step one...the wooden sidewalk that was a mess.
Boards all gone and mud mess next.
The cement guy got it prepped.
Cement getting poured before it actually poured raindrops!
Sidewalk in! Now the ball is in our court to get the steps rebuilt and the flower bed weeded and new plants put in.  Progression!  The other side of progression this month has been the bird nest that now has babies in it.
Fuzzy little babes.
Now they are hungry feathered friends.  It's been fun to see the progress and I know one day the nest
will be empty and abandoned.  I'll get my baker's stand back for flowers but I'll miss watching nature take it's course.  My final progress report has to do with our Church's Temple that was finally finished and had an open house in the past few weeks.  Jack and I went down last Wednesday.  It was closed for 3 years while they rebuilt it because of a builder's blunder and there was a mold issue that needed to be corrected. 

Not the best photos but it was a beautiful day to drive to Columbus and we're looking forward to having a Temple closer to us again.  They are going to build another Temple in Ohio near Cleveland so we'll have a couple to be able to visit.  Progression is a good thing!  Now to progress to bed!
Night all!



7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy Mother's Day (week) to all the mothers around your lovely family, dear friend! Yessum, I miss seeing pictures of your dear mother year after year, taken when you visited her and when she came to The Pines. In my book, she never changed - always looked fit as a fiddle. Happy May birthday in heaven to her! People with May birthdays in my family include Mrs. Shady, our grandson and our granddaughter. In addition, on May 26, I will be observing the anniversary of Margaret Schneider's death. I know you will swing by and say a few kind words about her.

That's a handsome sidewalk, and I enjoyed seeing pictures of the progression from start to finish. That whole side of your house will look like the cover of Better Homes & Gardens (of Weedin') once you get the steps rebuilt and the weeds pulled and fill the beds with new plants and flowers. I can't wait to see the entire project upon completion.

Awww... those hatchlings are adorable! Nature never ceases to amaze me. The mama bird must trust that you, Jack, Jord and Annabelle won't do her or her young family any harm. I know that you will continue to snap photos of their development until they leave the nest.

The Temple is magnificent, and I admire the picture of you and Jack posing in front of it with a sea of flowers in the foreground. Thank you for the update from The Pines. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...

Ahhh the trees are beautiful in the top. I am sure you guys got a great job on the walk and with the wire reinforcement you are sure for 'less' cracks. There is always the possibility of cracks in concrete, but the wire sure cuts down the possibility.
Less and less folks worry or are concerned about places of worship, but they should be a big part of our existence. I agree with Shady above, great picture of you 'n your Jack.
From Florida
The best,
Sherry & jack

jack69 said...

PS: I was amiss not mentioning the picture of you MOM. She looked great and at 90, sweet. YES we miss our MOMS and that is a tribute in itself... S & j

Prims By The Water said...

What a great job on your walkway! Hope you had a good Mother's Day even though I know you still miss your mom dearly. Thanks for the update on the nest. Cute birdies. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you as well Kathy. And Happy-in-Advance Birthday to your lovely mom. My mom's birthday was in May as well - May 5th - and while she did not pass in May, she was finally laid to rest then as you know so, yes, memories of her will flood May from here on out as well. The sidewalk turned out great - and I'm certain that you will have the other details finished up in no time. I have so many projects around here that need doing I don't know where to begin. So difficult to find people. Sweet little baby Robins....They will be gone in the blink of an eye and your trees a bit "fuller." ~Robin~

Julia said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you too. We remember our mothers even though they are gone from sight but never from our hearts. They sure sacrificed a lot for us through the years. Your Mom looked so smart at 90.

Your walkway turned out beautiful. A job well done and your mother would approve.

That Robin might not have been smart but her babies survived just the same. Soon she and her babies will vacate since she did not pay rent for such a pretty nesting place.
At least, she graced your days with such an amazing sight. I would consider her rent fully paid. lol...

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Hugs,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

Happy Belated mother's day such sweet memories of your mother.
Your walkway is looking great and those babies are darling. Your temple looks beautiful.
We are having a very cold start this morning after such wonderful warm weather. But that is spring in NH.
Cathy