Saturday, April 22, 2023

Being Tired

 Our weather, like many of you, has been a crazy mix of warm, cold, sunny, rainy, windy, and a few hot days thrown in for some flavor.  Silly Mother Nature!  Some of those changes happen in one day around our neck of  the woods. Makes a soul tired!  Speaking of tires...smooth move into my post today!  On Wednesday my tire pressure notice came up on my dash as I was dashing to work.  I thought it might just have been because we had cold weather and that sometimes affects the pressure.  However, after coming home and looking at the tire I saw a lovely nail imbedded in it.  Dang!  So off to our tire guy...the name of the place is actually "Guy's Tire"!  We waited for the fix only to find out we had to buy 4 tires!  All wheel drive vehicles are suppose to have the same tires....so they said.  And after checking it out I found out they were correct.  So I handed over the wallet and got all  new tires.  I was off work Thursday so they put the tires on and I was good to go.  We had an 80de day on Thursday and no rain so I was also good to go for mowing.  My grass grows with the speed of light!  I hopped on the mower, started it up, and lo and behold it had a flat tire!  No way!  So no mowing as Jack had to take the tire off after work and he took it back to Guys for it to be fixed on Friday.   After work on Friday and before the rain was to start I mowed and when I was done the rains appeared and I praised the good timing.  We have a few projects this Spring and Summer that will put more dents in the old wallet but just have to be done.  Our sidewalk to the front steps was made of wood when we bought this house 22yrs ago.  It really needed to be taken out and this is the year.  Jack has been doing the demo part to save a few bucks and it's almost ready for the cement guy..different from the tire guy...to come and get it done. 

Don't come up the front walk unless you want to leap onto the porch!  After this we will have our fireplaces fixed so we can actually use them this Fall and Winter.  That's another wallet cruncher but necessary.  Yes, all homes need maintenance and sometimes things just have to be done.  I'll have before and after pics of course and will enjoy the final outcomes.   All these things do make a person tired!

The young man doing the sidewalk also had wood he wanted to get rid of and we gladly bought it off of him to get a start on next Winter's cold. This was just the first load! It will need to be stacked and covered so there's another little project that will again make us tired.   Last but not least I have to say that even with all the weird weather ups and downs we have had a pretty Spring.  
The magnolia tree bloomed nicely and even with losing some of it's blossoms it still looks pretty.
The flowering crab is also extremely lovely!  Our dogwood trees are just about ready to be in full bloom and you know I'll get pics of them when they're ready.  Seeing all this beauty is the one thing that doesn't fall into the "tired" category but it's getting late and that does remind me how tired I am tonight!
Night all!

6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

You surely have had a "tiring" week. Lots going on for you. I hope the home repairs go well. We will be doing a lot more of those come this summer when we are moved back into our home. Your flowering trees are beautiful! I hope you have a good week!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

It's great to see another Pines update from you, dear friend. Shucks, I was hoping you could make a hefty contribution to my Go Fund Me, but now I'm thinking this might not be the right time for me to ask. :) I never heard of needing to replace all four tires if only one needs replacing. That was indeed an unpleasant surprise for you and Jack. On top of that, the tire gremlins attacked your mower! I am also sorry that you needed to rip out the rotting section of sidewalk and have it replaced, putting another dent in your wallet. Turns out, the cement guy is the tire guy's "business partner," and he will make the surprise announcement that you need to have your entire sidewalk and driveway repaved...and your roof re-shingled. :)

Yessum, it looks like you are set with ample firewood for winter. Jack and Jord can take the year off from splitting log duty. Your blossoming trees are beautiful and I look forward to seeing lots more pictures of them in the weeks and months to come.

Have a safe and happy (and restful) week ahead, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

Ugg so sorry about all the tire issues frustrating.
We have a couple of things here we would like to do also that is not easy on the wallet. Your spring is weeks ahead of ours.heavy rain the next few days and we need it. So that will really green things up.
Happy spring
Cathy

Julia said...

Ouch on the wallet. You can't go far on a flat tire. I'm glad that your tires are all looked after. The grass is just starting to grow here, and I need to check my push lawn mower. My crabapple tree is still naked. The flood water has receded off the two lanes that connect us to the main highway. I'm glad that we avoided major flooding this spring so far. The water should come up another couple of times before the flooding is over.

In the meantime, I'll be enjoying your blooming trees. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Julia


TheCrankyCrow said...

Your spring is much farther along than here in Nod. Our nights are in the 20's still and we are lucky to get to 40º during the day. Ouch on the tire issues. I had all 4 of my tires replaced last summer and know your financial pain. I have so many projects needing done here and am more than willing to pay to have things taken care of, but I can't find anyone for anything. My fireplace has not worked all winter. The place has been out to fix it no less than 6 times now, each time saying it needs this part or that...wait weeks for the part to come in, more weeks until they get around to coming to put it in, and then it's not the right part after all. My laundry room ceiling leaks like a sieve but no carpenter can figure out how to stop it....my patio needs repairing/replacing but can't even find anyone willing to come and give a bid on it. Crazy times these. Enjoy your Sunday! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Yikes on the tires. I have an AWD car now. Good to know. It has been raining for days and the grass is now growing like weeds. Cannot even cut it right now and more rain this week every day it seems. Good lick with your porch. It will look good once finished. Be sure to show it off to us. Janice