Sunday, April 2, 2023

An April Fools Joke And A Birthday

 I can't believe it's April already and April Fools was yesterday.  I was never big on pranking anyone on that day but the Gods of illness decided I needed a little joke.  Last Sunday Jack got super sick and it knocked the wind out of him for the week.  He actually missed 2 days of work! I was so hoping not to fall to the same thing but yesterday that same truck headed my way.  I felt like crap all day but did manage to get a few chores done like grocery shopping, banking and sending tax forms to the accountant. Every Saturday Jack and I always do our weekly shopping and we did a rush job yesterday just to get it done. I slept most of the rest of the day.  Thankfully this morning I did feel better.  Maybe the truck wasn't as big as the one that hit Jack?  This weekend we watched our church's General Conference that's broadcast from Salt Lake City.  Lots of good, uplifting and inspirational talks and music.  It was nice to just sit and enjoy it. (Except yesterday when I confess I slept through a lot of it) Today is also our youngest son, Jordan's birthday.  He's living with us until he can find a house in the area to buy.  Feeling better had me making some steaks, baked potatoes, and salad for lunch and then a chocolate cake.

A few T-bones never hurt.
A little Cesar Salad and 
Baked potatoes to round it all out.  And don't forget the cake...

Thankfully the weather was beautiful today with sunshine and 50de temps.
This morning Annabelle found her perfect spot in the sun for a little nap.  We did take a couple of short walks.
Some Spring flowers were blooming.  I was super mad to see something...rabbits or deer.. have taken a liking to my daylilies and my just immerging Irises.  Chomped to ground! RRRRR!!! 
To make my little illness just a bit better I had just gotten a tooth pulled and a bone graft put in to prepare for an implant some time this summer.  I think my jaw looks a bit swollen.  Or perhaps it's just my natural chimpmunk cheeks!  Which ever it is, it was pretty sore.  Still is just a bit.  Oh well, enough whining and complaining.  There are so many folks out in the world suffering with real problems.  Night all and Happy Birthday Jordan!
Jordan on the right with his cousin Bill who's birthday is also in April and for just a few weeks they are both the same age. Bill will turn 40.   Enjoy the last year of your thirties Jord!



5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I hope you and hubby didn't get hit by the Covid truck, like I did this weekend. Conference was so great, wasn't it. I loved President Nelson's talk about being a peacemaker so much! Happy birthday to your son. My oldest is turning 42 in May. I don't think there is any way I could have a child that old. ;-) I hope you get feeling better soon and have a good week!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

It makes me sad to know that you and Jack were "poorly," as they say on Downton Abbey. I hope you are both out of the woods now (the Creepy Woods?) and feeling much better and stronger. As it was, you, super heroine YaYa, got more accomplished while you were sick than most healthy people get done in a day's time.

Happy birthday to son Jordan! With the large family you have, practically every day of the year is somebody's birthday. Whenever I think of Jord, my thoughts immediately go to old Eddy the boxer. How I loved that dog! The food you prepared looks delicious, and to think you whipped up all that grub while still recovering from your illness. That amazes me!

Awww... my sweetie Annabelle does exactly what Toto did and what our black cat Boots likes to do - hunt for the shaft of light coming through the window and lie down and nooze with the sun's rays warming her coat. Our animals must love that sensation. Toto used to get up every 10 minutes and move to a new location, following the beams as they made their way across the room. I'm sorry that some of the wild critters around The Pines like to graze in your flower beds. The surviving plants look lovely.

my goodness, YaYa. You've been through quite a lot recently with that oral surgery and then getting sick. The worst is behind you now, and I hope your spirits are on the rise as spring gets established in your region. That's a great picture of Bill and Jordan. Happy upcoming April birthday to cousin Bill as well. I too have a cousin named Bill, and my big brother's b-day is also in April.

Please take it slow and easy while you are getting your feet back under you. I wish you much better health and a happy and enjoyable week, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

I'm sorry that you and Jack got sick. It sure wasn't a picnic was it? I'm glad that you are both feeling better now. The tooth misfortune doesn't sound like a picnic either but it will soon be all behind you.

The steak, baked potatoes, salad, and chocolate cake sound delicious. Happy Birthday to Jorden. I can believe April is already here. We still have lots of snow but some tulip leaves are poking out of the ground in the back of the house.

Take care of yourself and slow down a little. I'm sure you'll have plenty to get ready for Easter. Stay well.
Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

Smiling at the Chipmunk statement. Hope you are getting better every hour. The steak and meal sounded like ti would help anyone who is sickly get better!
Enjoyed the visit to your WOODS. Take care and try to be good.
Sherry & jack in the sun.

TheCrankyCrow said...

No one can ever say you're an underachiever...yikes! You got more done ill than I do most days "healthy." Dinner looks and sounds wonderful although I imagine the steaks were a bit difficult to deal with given your tooth situation. Wow...how wonderful to see grass and daffies. I'm afraid of what the critters will do to my flowers this year - the squirrels, rabbits, deer and turkeys have overtaken my yard now that Snowdog isn't around to keep them at bay. Happiest of belated birthday wishes to Jordan. Hoping your week finds you fully recovered and spunky rather than punky. ~Robin~