Thursday, April 6, 2023

That Dang Covid Bug

 Three years ago when the pandemic hit I thought at first we were making a mountain out of a mole hill.  I was wrong of course and working in health care it was a scary event that we weren't sure how to handle.  Many deaths and super stressful work conditions changed us in different ways.  I was worried back then for my Mom who was in her 90's and my sister who was battling a host of health issues.  Mom was in a rehab unit because she broke her leg and was the only one who didn't get Covid.  She came home for 2 weeks and passed away from a blood clot.  My sister has stayed Covid free so far and I hope continues to be that way.   Jack and I also managed to stay away from it even with working in healthcare.  That is until 2 weeks ago.  I mentioned that Jack had gotten sick but when he tested it came back negative.  His symptoms were so classic though that I was doubtful that the test was correct.  Then I got sick too and didn't test until this week on Tuesday.  Sure enough I tested positive but was really feeling much better.  Just more fatigued than I liked.  Work called and wanted me to work on Wednesday but when I told them I had Covid since last Saturday I was told to get better soon and I would need to wait a couple of more days to be allowed back in the hospital.  Ok with me since I'm enjoying the nicer weather and occasional naps! I'm getting ready for Easter gathering here on Sunday.  Jack and I will both be over the waiting period and our symptoms are fading.  Most of my family members have had the virus more than once, even with being vaxxed and boosted as we are.  So I'm looking forward to this weekend where our weather is calling for sunshine and temps in the upper 60s'.  Let the celebrations begin.  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

The kitchen mantle is bunny infested! I have many decorations that I enjoy this time of year.
I love this little Easter scene made out of wood and all white except for the tomb and stone. I love it because it depicts the real reason for this season.  Our Savior's sacrifice for us.
After Church on Sunday the kids and Grandkiddos are coming for lunch and then the traditional egg hunts.  Since we have more older ones than youngsters we have adopted a few new traditions and we ended up with 3 different hunts...littles, teens, adults.  It's all in good fun and you know I'll have pics later.  In the mean time it takes preparation for it all to come off and the eggs are being filled and the food is being prepared and in the freezer until Saturday.  
I found this big old wooden bunny at a resale shop in Chicago last year.  He's getting ready to help with the egg hunt.

We have continued with the mild weather with just a few chilly days thrown in.  The thunderstorms yesterday didn't do damage like they did in other parts of the country.  It was really nice most of the day with temps in the mid 70's! A true gift.  All doors and windows could be open to let in the fresh Spring air and blow out all the winter blahs!   So until Sunday, I hope all of you are healthy and enjoying Spring break or maybe a long weekend.   


8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that wooden Easter scene. I have seen that at Deseret Book and want to get one - maybe next year when we are back in our house. So sorry that you and Jack have Covid. I hope you continue to feel better. The fatigue is the main thing that is still bringing me down. Paxlovid helped a lot. You and yours have a very happy Easter!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi again, dear YaYa!

As I told you at my place, I was shocked and dismayed to learn that you actually tested positive for COVID. I surely hope that you and Jack will continue on a steady road to complete recovery with no further delays or setbacks, so that you will feel like your old self and have ample energy to host your Easter gathering at The Pines. Isn't it a blessing, though, that your mother was spared from catching the virus and that Midge has also avoided it? Also in the plus column, you are getting some much needed rest and enjoying fine spring weather up there. The forecast for Easter Sunday sounds delightful. I look forward to seeing the pictures you take of this year's food, fun and festivity. I love the way you have your mantel and tables decorated. Your display and the wooden bunny made me think of the Uncle Wiggily board game I used to own and loved to play. Do you remember it?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2120/9421/products/IMG_8697_1024x1024.jpg?v=1603206989

Best wishes for continued recovery. I always feel down in the dumps knowing that you are ailing or suffering a loss. You deserve a happy, heathy, carefree retirement. I hope you and your wonderful family have a blessed Easter, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

So sorry that you have had Covid, you and Jack. I still wear a mask when going shopping and I've been lucky so far but I don't take anything for granted.

It looks like it will be a very joyful Easter at your place. Here it will be just the three of us and quite low-key. I spent a little fortune on the great-grandkids' treats and little gifts to keep them occupied. They all have been under the weather this week and stayed home from school but they were here one day this week before they showed symptoms of sore throats and sweat and chills. Being old folks, I hope that we will be OK.

Your little wooden display is very sweet. HAPPY EASTER.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, dang - sure hope you're back to 100% soon. The first thing I thought about, though, was your trip to the grocery store...hope others weren't inadvertently exposed. It looks, though, like you're feel well enough to welcome Easter in your wonderful style. I hope your weather holds for you. They keep promising warmer weather here and it proves to be an empty promise. We've had 2 solid days and nights of horrendous winds. It makes me edgy and gives me a pounding headache. I'll be so relieved when it subsides. Wishing you all the blessings of Easter! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Oh I am so glad to hear you are both on the mend and you are able to see family at Easter.
Your decorations are darling.
Happy Easter
Cathy

Kay G. said...

Oh, I am sorry that you both had Covid! Thankful that you are getting it over though and looking forward to your Easter celebrations. Take care! xx

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you feel better soon. Loving all of your bunnies! I use to love doing egg hunts with my own kids and grands. Now all are grown. I know your hunt will be a hit. We are suppose to be in the 80's next week. WOOHOO Happy Easter yo you and your family Janice

Kay G. said...

Are you doing okay now? Just checking in with you. Many folks have that long Covid so, let us know!