Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter Greetings!

 This is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love Easter and all it stands for.  I love making the food and fun with family also.  Sunday I was so glad Jack and I were good to go as far as the Covid bug was concerned.  We were both feeling better and enjoyed a wonderful Church service and then prepared for the kids and Grandkids to arrive.  We ate lunch around 2:30.  We  had ham and tons of extras to enjoy. We all ate enough that nobody even asked about dessert! I put the pies in the freezer to be enjoyed at another gathering.  The weather was just perfect.  Sunny and in the 60's.  I even mowed the yard on Saturday. The grass had grown so much poor Annabelle had to struggle to get through it to pee! Ha!  I only got a few pics believe it or not.  I really wanted to gather everyone together for a group photo but just didn't get around to it.  Too busy with all the activities going on.   We had 3 different egg hunts.  One for the only 2 littles we have and one for the teens and then one for the adults.  

I found this cutie when I was in Chicago and he looked so cute on the lawn for the egg hunt.

The two littles that hunted first were Hazel who's almost 2 and Aria who's 6.  It was hard to get a good pic of Hazel who never stops moving! They both had a fun time.
The teens were next.  Here's Cameron and that's Mandy in the background.
Rae checking out her winnings! The teens all got some cash to spend during this week's Spring break.
This was the only pic that showed the adults...half shot of Anthony and that's Jordan in the dark clothes! I guess I just ran out of picture taking steam! Ha!  The adult eggs had lottery tickets in them and Anthony scored the most with $25 winnings. There were a few others that got ten or five bucks and a few dollar wins.  All in all I think they enjoyed it. They are good sports about it anyway!

Our Granddaughter, Summer, came by later after going to her other Grandma's.  It was a nice surprise to see her and her pup, Happy.  You can see my other Granddog, Kip behind her.  We had all the dogs and then the neighbor's dog, Cooper joined the group.  Annabelle was worn out by the time everyone took off for home. That's about it for pics.  As you can see we were blessed with wonderful, sunny and kind of warm weather.  It was a perfect day.  
The next day Annabelle just wanted to rest up in any sun she could find.  We're having a sun filled week with temps rising to 80 by Friday.   I worked yesterday and today and I'm bushed after the weekend too!  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be raring to go and work outside in my gardens of "Weedin"!  Happy Easter everyone.  If you missed Easter on Sunday, Orthodox Easter is this coming Sunday.  We were invited to my cousin's Greek Easter celebration out in Chicago but we're not making the drive. So I'll just enjoy a quieter weekend ahead.  


7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh how wonderful you had your family together! We had good weather too and by the end of the week we are supposed to be in the high 70s no mowing we still have snow in spots.
So glad you had a happy Easter
Cathy

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I've been looking forward to your Easter report, dear friend. I am overjoyed to see the pictures you took that show a day of fun and festivity with springlike weather at Whispering Pines Lodge. You have your lawn looking like a well kept golf course. It does my heart good to see the array of happy family members, human and animal, that attended your party. First and foremost, I am greatly relieved to learn that you and Jack were both feeling a lot better by the time the holiday weekend rolled around. Hello to "the littles," sweet little Hazel and Aria. Before you know it, Aria will have outgrown the level 1 egg hunt and will be entering her teenage years as other children around your family have done. Hello and happy Easter to the big kids and adults in attendance - Cameron, Mandy, Addy Rae Rae, Anthony, Jordan and Summer. Special greetings to the four-legged members of the clan - Happy, Kip, and Annabelle, and a hello and howdy-do to neighbor dog Cooper. I see that my smooch pooch Annabelle found her patch of sunlight on the floor the next day so that she could take a much needed nap. I imagine she had pleasant dreams reliving the big day, your perfect Easter celebration at The Pines.

Thank you very much for sharing highlights of your family gathering, dear friend YaYa. Enjoy the rest of your week and have fun tomorrow in the Gardens of Weedin'.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter. So glad that you and Jack were both feeling better and that you could enjoy a wonderful family Easter celebration! I hope you have a great week! See you again soon!

Julia said...

You certainly had a Blessed Easter with the family. The little girl proudly holding the egg has a cute smile on her face.

You certainly give your 100% and your Easter celebration is always a great success.

I had to cancel my Easter dinner because I was sick. I'm feeling much better but now my husband, George is now sick with the chill. I gave him a tuque to cover his bald head and he's now sleeping. I haven't had much time to blog lately but should have a post soon.


Happy Belated Easter. Hugs.
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a fun Easter celebration. So very glad to read that you and Jack bounced back quickly. The big bunny was a perfect addition to the yard - and how fortunate you were to be blessed with nice weather. We are on the "high" end of a strange weather pattern here - yesterday and today reached 80º - a good 30 -40º above normal. Of course it prompted a massive snow melt so not there are flooding issues .... and wind, lots of wind, so it doesn't feel as warm as it but I will definitely take it. ~Robin~ (PS...can't believe they passed on dessert...yikes! LOL)

Prims By The Water said...

o glad you were able to enjoy your Easter festivities with your family and the covid bug flew away. That yard bunny is adorable and I wish I could have been in on that adult egg hunt! We are finally having some nice weather but no grass cutting yet. Janice

jack69 said...

WE Always enjoy and appreciate your FAMILY stuff. I am late for Easter, but the pictures and family are always a bright light. I wish more families were close.
We have had our sons here for a couple weeks, their families dropped by so we too were fortunate.
Glad you did not have to contend with the Covid over the Easter time.
Sherry & jack in NC for a few more days, nice weather here.
ps:
Yep, get Jack to sing to you on your 50th. ;-)