Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Summer Thunder

 Do you like a Summer thunderstorm? Here in Ohio we have our fair share of them and sometimes they bring more than rain...hail, wind, tornados. But today it was thunder on the horizon that pushed Annabelle and myself inside as the dark clouds gathered.  It's been a windy day which felt good with temps in the mid 80's.  The weather app said storms would arrived at 7pm and they were right!  The rain came down thick and heavy which isn't the ideal way to water the garden! Mostly it runs off and down the driveway.

There it goes! (along with more stones I think!)  Even with the torrential water from heaven I enjoy this type of storm.  Not a lot of lightening just the sound of thunder and rain.


The birds will be happy with the bird bath full and ready for a swim, bath, drink or just plain bird fun! The geraniums are pretty happy too! 

Can you tell from these pics that there was lots of rain? Well, the grass is super green and the sound of thunder is in the distance now.  Rain is gently falling and I will always be grateful for it when there are many who don't have it.  I hope it comes your way if that's the case in your neck of the woods.  I think if I listen carefully I can hear my grass applauding!  Happy Summer Thunder!

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

We had a couple unanticipated showers today...but not all that much rain. Looks like you got drenched! I enjoy a "gentle" summer storm - an easy rain, thunder in the distance...and not a lot of wind. (Picky I know LOL...) ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like heavy rainstorms too, and will just stand out on the covered part of the patio and watch it come down. We have had several storms like that this month. We need all the rain we can get. I hope your summer is going well.

jack69 said...

I love thunderstorms, I have since I was a kid. Sherry on the other hand despises the lightening, a family trait. It placed a fer there that cannot be over come.
Good post. Love the pictures. Life is good. Thanks for the comment lately on the Shipslog. Thoughtful......
Love from NC, Jack & Sherry.

jack69 said...

I need a proofer. The above was "It placed a FEAR, not fer". ;-)

acorn hollow said...

Rain is so appreciated this time of year we had a nice soaking rain a couple of days ago. Things are lovely and green. I do not want the hail and the straight
line winds we do not get them to much because of the mountains.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love seeing rain. We get so little of it in California, it would be wonderful to have some summer storms like that. Its so pretty and green. I appreciate your comment too. Kim

Julia said...

I'm glad you enjoyed some cooler weather and good rain. I'm not much of a lover of thunder and lightning since my neighbor's house got hit by lightning one year and all the electrical outlets shot out of the walls, requiring an overhaul of his electrical system, and when the lightning hit a big pine which housed a family of eagles in our lane.

Again, I can't believe we are nearing the end of another summer month.

Stay cool and comfortable.
Hugs, Julia

Susan Kane said...

I would love some rain, with thunder and lightning. It is so hot here in so. California.