Friday, June 24, 2022

A Quick Sister Update

Thank you everyone for all your good thoughts and prayers for my sister, Midge.  She had her surgery last week on Friday and this past week she was able to come home on Wednesday!  She's very tired of course but says she doesn't have much pain.  So I'm heading out tomorrow to spend the week with her and help where I can. I'm so relieved this part of her journey is done and now she can spend time this summer recouping.  

 Looking good heading home on Wednesday.  Her dog, Hope, has been boarded for the last 10 days and she will come home tomorrow.  I know that will be a happy reunion!  Thanks again everyone!


6 comments:

Julia said...

Ah, Yaya, such great news. I'm so glad to hear that Midge is home and all this scary surgery is behind her. She's been in my prayers daily and I'll continue to pray for her healing. God is good.

Thanks for the update.
Hugs, Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

This is wonderful news, dear friend! I've been thinking about Midge all week. She's looking good and it's a blessing that everything went AOK and she was able to return home. The next step is the happy reunion with her Hope dog. Surely Hope will dance a jig when she's released from the kennel and back home with her mommy.

Thanks for sharing this great news, dear friend YaYa. Please drive safely on the trip to Chicago and back. I pray that Midge can spend a pleasant summer recuperating and enjoying life. Please keep us updated. We care.

jack69 said...

Continued prayers. I know your HELP will be greatly appreciated, along with some sister time. That was one of my wife's greatest times, spending it with her sisters. BE safe yourself and thanks for an update.... ;-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww...this is great news! Safe travels my friend...What a wonderful gift you are giving to your sister. It will surely comfort and put her mind at ease knowing you are there to do the "littles" (letting Holly in and out, meals, etc.)...and focus on healing. Thanks for the update! ~Robin~

Kathy said...

Such good news! And I am sure she will appreciate you being with her and helping out.

Prims By The Water said...

Safe travels and glad your sister is doing fine. Enjoy your time with her. Love the heart pillow. Janice