Monday, May 9, 2022

Mothers And Birthdays

 Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome Moms out there! The awesome Moms in my family and in blog land.  I want to thank my Mom for a wonderful example of love, sacrifice, devotion, hard work, and just "Doing It" to get through each day whether that day is fabulous and fun or sad and heartbreaking. 

I miss you each day Mom...I sometimes catch myself thinking I could call to ask you a question or just to talk about what's happening in my life.  One day we'll have those talks and laughs again. But Happy Heavenly Mother's Day for now.  Here's a little photo bit of the other Mothers in my life that are amazing, strong, smart, and super fun women!
My sister, Midge who is Mom to Katie, Amy, Bill and Jono. She's also CEO of her own business, Corporate Communications, and her super Mom daughter's...Amy on the left whose Mom to Ella, Parker, and Conner and also is a nurse practitioner. Katie on the right who's Mom to Brooke and Mason and a police detective.  Strong, smart, loving and also super fun to be around. 
My Mother-in-law, Nelda who taught me so much after we moved to Ashland when Jack finished Chiro College. I learned how to be a better cook and gardener.  She could quiet a fussy baby in record time! She was the office manager for Jack and his Dad's Chiropractic office. She loved animals and they had many dogs and cats over the years that she took care of.  We traveled over Ashland county in her Volkswagen bus to find places to pick fruit or veggies and then bring them back to put up for the winter.
I can't look at a Volkswagen and not think of her! She is greatly missed and left us way to soon in 2000.She was Mom to Jack, Steve, Mike and David.  
My Daughter-in-law, Amy. Mom to my fabulous Grandkiddos, Katie, Taylor and Sophia. She keeps her family running smooth as Craig works and travels and she sure knows how to plan vacations and weekend outings that make life in their home fun! She also works for a University and can speak many languages. She's an amazing woman and I wish we didn't live across the country so I could crash in and have fun with them too!
My Daughter-in law Evelyn is Mom to Samantha and Megan and step mom to Jack's kiddos, Driana, Summer, Anthony and Cameron.  She's a respiratory therapist at the same hospital Jackie works as a respiratory therapist.  She's an amazing Mom who raised her daughters and now her oldest, Sam, is a Mom which makes her and Jackie Grandparents to little Hazel.  She so fun to be around and loves to come and visit and I enjoy going to her home to swim in their pool! I'm blessed with so many women who inspire me and uplift me and make life a journey that's worth taking.  Thanks to all who nurture my sons and Grandkids.  Love you all!  Also this weekend we celebrated the first of our May birthdays.
Happy Birthday Phil! You were the best Mother's Day gift I ever received!
Happy Birthday Lexi! ! I can't believe you're 16! We enjoyed a fun night at a Japanese Steak house with her, her best friend and her Mom and family and Phil. She's a wonderful young lady who is smart and sweet and just the best kiddo ever! Love you Lexi Lou!  So it's been a busy weekend but super fun. I want to thank everyone for my fabulous Mother's Day gifts and the time we had to celebrate being a Mom.  Before I end this I need to shout out to my wonderful hubby, Jack.  May 5th marked 45 years in practice as the best Chiropractor in the world!  Congratulations on a great career! Love you!
He was Arnold's favorite too!


7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy mother's Day to you, dear friend, and thank you for taking us on a virtual tour around your family to meet and learn more about the superwomen who are also mothers. Your family does indeed boast many dynamic, resourceful, talented and high achieving women. It was nice to see a picture of your dear mother, one of the finest examples of the traits I just mentioned, a hard working, sacrificing woman who set an example for all. Happy Heavenly Mother's Day to her. I think about your mother nearly as often as I think about my own mother. Mrs. Shady misses her mother who died 20 years ago. Like you, she says she misses being able to pick up the phone and chat with her mother and seek her motherly advice on various matters, as she used to do practically on a daily basis.

Happy birthday to son Phil and to grandkiddo Lexi, now sweet sixteen. That's hard for me to believe, because she was just a little girl when I started following Whispering Pines. Congratulations to Jack on 45 years of chiropractic practice! I appreciated the picture at the end of Jack and Arnie, a pooch that loved him.

I enjoyed your Mother's Day salute to the wonder women of your family. I have not lost sight of your own super achievements as a daughter, wife, mother, grandmother and dedicated healthcare professional. You are a tremendous asset to your family and to your community.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you Yaya and all the mothers in your family. What a beautiful tribute to your family. Happy Birthday Ohyl and Happy 45th Anniversary as a Chiriprctor Jack.
Have a great week and may the sun shine brightly at your place.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! WooHoo on celebrating Jack's work anniversary too! I know when you and you mom meet again, the heavens will be full of chatter. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhh, looks and sounds like strong, beautiful and industrious genes run deep in your family...and family-in-law. A beautiful celebration of them...and count yourself amongst them. ~Robin~

jack69 said...

Love the insights into your life and Yes there are lots of beautiful mothers in your family. AND YES, I can imagine Mothers are missed more than any member of a family. After all...............
Good family stuff. Sherry does the 'Monthly BDs too,' I hear the list at the beginning of each month. That is sweet.
Love from Florida... and of course a belated Happy Mother's day to you.
;-)

Susan Kane said...

Thank you for sharing your Moms to all. We have a December b-day fest, along with 2 anniversaries.

acorn hollow said...

lovely tribute to all the moms. They keep the wheels of the family running. Congrats to your husband 45 years is a very long time.
Cathy