Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Wrap Up

 Good morning! It's a beautiful Friday and I'm hoping to get out into it and enjoy the sun and even though it's not super warm, I'll take a day over 30de!  I feel like I'm very behind...again..in posting and visiting my blog buddies. I usually try and make my blog visits and then post something myself but I'm going to do the visits a bit later and get my post done before it's next year!  We've been on a rollercoaster of weather these past weeks and working even a few days a week has been an adjustment of time management.  So I apologize for my lateness and will be by soon! I know you all have much more interesting lives than I lead!  I will go first to the crazy Ohio Spring weather:

April 18th we woke up to this lovely sight..snow and cold.
This mat by the back door made me smile..Fresh Rain makes pretty flowers...what does fresh snow make?  Makes most folks saying: "Spring, where the heck are you?"
April 23rd..80 degrees and things are turning into pretty flowers and blooms!  We celebrated our Easter the next day and it was just as glorious...85de and sunny!  Nice weather when we're having a crowd over is not the norm for me! But I was thrilled to be able to host our Easter and have outdoor fun.
We were even able to set the deck up for anyone who wanted to eat outside and many took that invitation and enjoyed a fun time...photos of the participants to follow!  The kids arrived around 2pm and Easter lunch with all the trimmings was served.  We had some family in the dining room, others in the kitchen and then those who chose the deck. 

Most of the older kiddos hung outside:
Driana and her hubby, Jonathan
Summer and her new boyfriend, Damien...welcome to the Pines Damien!
This is my daughter-in-law's daughter Megan, and her fiance Logan.  June 4th is the wedding! That will be a blog worthy post for sure.  After lunch was demolished we all moved outdoors for the annual Easter egg hunt.  Since all my Grandkiddos are 13 and older we had divided up the hunt.  First, we did have a separate hunt for Lexi and Rae's little sister Aria who came with them. Aria is 5 and was very excited to have some fun:
She needed some glasses to block the amazing sunshine!
Doesn't hurt to have a taller big sister to help grab the high ones!
I would label this pic..."Happy Face!"  After Aria was done, the teens had their chance.
Rae, Lexi, and Mandy...go girls!
From left to right..Mandy, Cameron, Lexi, and Rae..They had fun and enjoyed the money too! Can't believe how grown up they all have gotten.  Next the adults joined in and even they had a ball finding those elusive eggs hidden by the teens!
Looks like Evelyn needed a little help from Kip!  
Driana and Jonathan getting a photo bomb by Dad, Jackie....everyone left that evening full, tired, and happy.  They enjoyed each other's company and we look forward to having everyone over again soon. I do miss having Grandkiddos who were little just a short time ago but as adults they all rock! They have busy lives and seem to all be doing well in careers or school.  That makes YaYa and Paw Paw happy!  Our Spring weather seems to be getting more normal in the next week and I know Jack and I will spend outdoor time doing catch up with yard work, painting and just sprucing up all the spots where Winter weather has taken it's toll.  I hope Spring has found everyone in blog land and that's a wrap for Friday!

6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Yessum, dear friend. Don't worry - spring arrived here in Florida -- on January first. :) I am relieved to see a report from you. Your long absence from Blogland had me worried and yessum, you are missed at Shady's Place. You missed the wacky clothes, dances and hairstyles you always comment about on my Shady Train posts.

It's astounding that in a five day span your weather went from dumping snow to a temperature of 80 degrees. I am overjoyed to learn that it was 85 and sunny the next day when you and your loved ones celebrated Greek Easter. I had my fingers crossed that it would be a day suitable for dining on the deck and hunting eggs around the property. Those three pictures in a row showing Driana, Summer and Megan and their special guys are all excellent couples portraits that they will treasure the rest of their lives. It warmed my heart to see little Aria hunting and finding Easter eggs. You are certainly right about the grandkiddos growing up. At their age, a few weeks between photo opportunities can make a big difference in the way they look. However, granddog Kip looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him. :) I didn't see a pic of my girlfriend Annabelle. I hope she wasn't grounded and sent to her room. :)

I'm happy to know the forecast calls for more nice spring weather so that you guys can continue working and playing outdoors at The Pines. Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

What a fun Easter gathering time this must have been for everyone. Wow, such a large gathering at your place. It looks like there was lots of room for everyone, including the big dog. Even though you work two days a week, you still managed to have a big celebration.

I'm so glad you had such nice weather to celebrate. It's been cold, windy, and wet here. I could use some sunshine and a warm temperature. I can't believe that the trees are already in bloom at your place.

I've been lazy about blogging and I've got practically nothing blogworthy to blog about while staying inside during this cold April.

I can't believe it almost May already.
Stay well and happy.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

What are those pink and white things on the trees?? Oh...wait...I think I remember....blossoms! Wow! Can't believe your spring is that far ahead of us. Like Julia, it's been cold, windy and wet here (the wet has been in the form of white stuff as well) and tomorrow it is supposed to be the same. I no longer have the courage to look beyond tomorrow as it is too disappointing it seems. I know it will come, but this has been one of the slowest springs ever it seems. Looks like a wonderful Easter celebration. Wow..can't believe your weather...80º and 85º?? Seriously?? What wonderful memories you are making for your family...something they will always carry in their hearts. ~Robin~

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the read. Amazing how the weather changed, for your family time. Sounded great. Loved the family pictures everyone filled with joy of a great time of the year. Glad for you guys.

Love from a sunny BUT WINDY Florida! ;-)

acorn hollow said...

Looks like fun and glad the weather was good. We have had windy rainy and snow flurries I am ready for some warmer weather and spring.
Your gands have grown all up time sure flies
Are you happy to be back at work part time or do you regret it? I am on the cusp of retiring and really giving it some thought
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful family Easter photos! We have had more snow than rain here to in Michigan. No April showers to bring May flowers. LOL Janice