Thursday, April 7, 2022

Welcome April!

 Well, we made it to April. That doesn't mean no snow of course but it does mean there's more hope for Spring like weather during the month!  I made it safely to and from my Chicago visit.  I was glad I listened to my gut and made the trip. Midge wasn't feeling real great on Wednesday and Thursday so I helped with taking care of Hope and doing some other things for her.  Thankfully she was much better by Friday and we had a lovely time just hanging out and catching up.  I was able to help her cook some Greek food that she was making for Easter.  It went into the freezer but not before we tasted tested a few items! I'll be making some for our Easter dinner too.  We've decided to do our family gathering the week after Easter since some of the family is on vacation and Greek Easter is the next weekend anyway.  I just hope the weather is good so we can be outdoors for the egg hunt.  I really enjoy the Easter season. Such a great time for celebrating and thinking of our Savior and his sacrifice for us. It was always a big deal growing up so I guess it still is!  I was finally able to start working at the hospital.  I worked 2 days at our endoscopy unit.  Thankfully I remembered some things and learned some new ones.  I had a long day on Thursday and was pretty tired last night!  Annabelle went to doggy day care and even she was tired last night! She's only been there half days until yesterday so it was different for her too.  I'm not sure she's super thrilled about going there.  She  hasn't said so anyway! Ha!  I have 2 days scheduled for next week and we're also babysitting my son's dog, Kip.  He's a golden doodle who's a big guy...100lbs of love! I just hope he and Annabelle get along.  They've been together at my son's house and all was good and Kip is pretty quiet on his own.  Time will tell I guess!  Annabelle and Hope didn't have such a great time together.  Hope is only a year old and still plays like a puppy. Poor Annabelle didn't appreciate all her enthusiasm! Poor Hope didn't appreciate Annabelle's quiet nature.  

This was how they got along the best.  When both were tired out!  As you can see Hope is a bit bigger!

I think Hope's head is as big as Annabelle!  Once they got an understanding about each other it went better.   Midge and I had some fun with some wigs she had gotten off the internet.  She doesn't need a wig for any reason but thought they were cute and decided to buy them.  We had some good laughs trying them on!  As I've mentioned before, we're both trying to grow our hair out. By that I mean growing it longer, not letting it go gray.  So here's me with a short gray wig:

I didn't think it looked too bad.  It's about the same style as I've been wearing.  I couldn't resist trying on a longer one that was also a blond one:
Ha!!!  We had a good laugh over this one.  I sent this pic to Jack and he said he was happy to see that Midge and I were playing dress up!  He also sent a big thumbs down on being blond!  Oh well, hopefully I can get my own hair to grow longer so I can try some different styles.  I've had my hair short for over 20yrs and it's time for a change. But growing it out always makes me nuts and usually I cave in and have my hairdresser cut it.  Time will tell if I can hold out!   I have been trying to play catch up with blogging and hopefully will get more photos as Spring continues to bring on flowers and sunshine in-between the cold and snow showers here and there.  My daffodils are up and I picked a few before they are gone. 
Happy Spring!

6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm happy to know that you safely made the trip out to Chicago and back. I'm sorry Midge was poorly for a couple of days, but relieved that she bounced back in time for the two of you to have some sisterly fun together. I am also disappointed that my two good friends Annabelle and Hope were not super compatible. (At least they were not "combatible.") I have seen this kind of thing many times over the years. One animal is young, full of energy and frisky, wanting to run and play all day, while an older, quieter animal, wants no part of it. Thanks for snapping pictures. I am also sorry that you need to place Annabelle in day care. I think she'll adjust to it AOK. I also hope things go well when you and Annabelle dogsit big lovable Kip.

Yessum, I hope the weather cooperates and you can host your annual Easter feast at The Pines. It seems like a good idea to have it a week after Easter to coincide with Greek Easter and allow traveling family members time to return and attend. I always enjoy your posts showing the kiddos taking part in an egg hunt and basically enjoying being outdoors on a spring afternoon. I hope it turns out that way. If not, you will make the most of it as you always do.

Glad to know you are getting back into the swing of things working at the hospital. I'm sure it was nice running into old friends there among your co-workers. I enjoyed the wig fashion show at the end of the post. I think you look terrific in both styles. They really suit you. I love the daffodil arrangement, a symbol that spring is well underway now, and will not be denied much longer.

Thanks for the update and have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

I like the gray one a lot! I let my hair go gray during covid and at times I waffle about going back to coloring it, but both my daughter and husband think it looks great and I don't have that expense any more so gray it is. there is nothing poking it's little leaves out of the ground yet we are going into a warm spell next week so I have high hopes. Glad your visit was a good one and you had time with your sister. years ago I worked with a greek girl she use to call us suckers as she would hit the after Easter sales for her easter parties and spend half the amount lol.
Cathy

Julia said...

I'm glad that you are back safely from your visit with Midge. I think that your visit was timely for her even though she wasn't feeling well. You were there for her and you both have some time to share together. I love Greek food.

I remember when wearing wigs was all the rage. When I realized that God had given me beautifully manageable hair, I ditched the wigs. Then when I lost all my hair after chemo, I was fitted with a wig but it hurt my sensitive scalp, and decided that since I had no more hair, I would accept it as is and went bald head, everywhere. Now because of thyroid issues, my hair is no longer manageable and thin and that too I've accepted.

I'm glad that you are adjusting to returning to work 2 days a week although, Anabelle might have something to say about that. lol.

Take care, hugs
Julia

jack69 said...

Good, the trip. Good also that spring is showing up. I do hope the snow is gone however. I know the deep thaw is still to come up there.
Have a great day.
;-)

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you had a fun time with Midge and glad you are back safe. Too cute with you and the wigs! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

What fun wigs! While the gray is my favorite, that blonde actually looks pretty good too. A friend of mine had a wig once and I tried it on. It looked great on her and horrendous on me. That was the last time I played with a wig. Probably just as well as I doubt I could tolerate actually wearing on but, trust me...there sure are days I wish I could. LOL Those daffies look so pretty. I went and checked mine the other day thinking they may be up as they are in a bed next to the garage on the south side...but no luck. Probably just as well since we've had snow the last several days and it's been cold. Too cold for this time of year. I wish you'd come cook Greek food for me. Hope things go well dog sitting... Yeah, puppies can be overwhelming to a lot of creatures...such boundless energy. ~Robin~