Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Whiplash

 Looking at the title of my post you might think I've gone and fallen again, or had a car accident. Nope, everything is fine.  It's this crazy weather that has us going from freezing, snowing, warm, sunny, cloudy, rainy, cold again..blah, blah, blah. 


As always the crocus as to be first in line with some Spring color.

Following a close second are the daffodils.  These are the tiny ones and my bigger ones are up and ready to bloom.

Hello my favorites...lilac buds!
The grass is growing slowly and getting greener too!  But then Saturday comes along last weekend:
Cold and snowy...pretty but it makes my head spin! What happened to our 60de temps? One cannot be greedy.  This is March and up north it can snow until May if it wants too!  
I have faith that this mighty oak tree will get leaves again.  In fact, all this snow has disappeared already. However, tomorrow this is our forecast...RAIN, ICE, SNOW, 70DE TEMPS....Wait? What?
How can it snow if it's going to be 70 degrees?  I guess we'll find out! That being said, I decided to take a quick trip to Chicago tomorrow until Monday.  Jack's hanging at home so it's just Annabelle and me and the open road.  I was going to be working but my health assessment that involved drug testing won't be ready until next week.  I'm OK with that and will enjoy visiting with my sister and her pup, Hope.  I hope Hope and Annabelle get along!  So this weather whiplash will continue I'm sure.  
This poor Robin is wondering if she took the wrong road...
Looks like she's having a bit of whiplash too!  Hey, I know a good Chiropractor!


8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, you did go right from spring back to winter. We are having quite a downpour of rain here tonight and snow in the mountains after temperatures of almost 80 this past weekend. Springtime is the season of whiplash for sure!

Susan Kane said...

From delight to misery? The spring flowers make me feel happy. Our Mediterranean lilc is budding out. It was designed for our climate and Greece.

Julia said...

Your early blooms are way ahead of mine. It was mild here too then we woke up to a blanket of snow and cold. It's very windy tonight. Sure doesn't look like spring. I saw two Robins before it turned cold and I wonder if those poor birds will be OK.

Enjoy your trip to Chicago with Annabelle and have a pleasant visit with your sister.

Hugs, Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Yessum, for a split second I feared the worst, that you injured yourself again, but then I remembered that you have been discussing the seesawing weather in recent weeks and correctly guessed that Mamma (Mia) Nature is at it again. It looks like you are juxtaposing those springlike pictures with pics taken three months earlier. Hard to believe they were snapped on back-to-back days. I love the sight and smell of spring flowers, and yours are beautiful. Some of my favorite memories of boyhood in York are of the daffodils and tulips my dad planted along the foundation of the house poking through the snow covered soil signaling the coming of spring. I wish you a safe trip with Annabelle over to Chicago and hope that my two favorite doggy girlfriends, your Annabelle and Midge's Hope, get along well. Yessum, the robin seems buffaloed by the fickle weather. I'd love to see Jack give that bird an adjustment.

Stay safe, say hello to Midge for us, and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

You are still ahead of us we are still freezing and brown. Safe trip to your sister's
Cahty

Prims By The Water said...

Rain snow ice storms snow wind...we are having whiplash here too! UGH sure wish Spring would stay. Our luck it will turn to Summer and Mother Nature will forget about Spring. No flowers blooming here yet either, but the mama Robins are getting bigger. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I feel your pain...although we have NOT had 60º temps or any greening...and I am hoping that the lilacs aren't budding because they will never survive. I've barely had any blooms from them the past 2 years as they had budded and then it froze...hard. I had a photo come up when looking for something else of Snowdog lying on a lawn of beautifully green grass...the date: April 12, 2018. We will be lucky to see brown by then this year. Much snow has melted, but nothing is greening...and we had an ice storm last night and they are saying 4-8" of snow tomorrow. Gah! Enjoy your sissy time! ~Robin~

jack69 said...

;-O