Saturday, March 19, 2022

Tasks

I feel a bit behind in posting.  I try to post something at least once a week.  I'll use the excuse that I've been doing a few tasks these past weeks. Last week seemed to be full of them!  I had started some Spring cleaning.  Jack and I emptied our foyer closet out and got rid of old coats and items we didn't want or need.  We even found a few things that we seemed to have inherited. 

Like a violin.  Neither Jack nor I ever have played a violin.  As far as Jack remembers neither did anyone in his family.  However, this was from his parent's house when we cleaned it out after they passed away. It needs new strings and a new bow and probably other things so it's on the list to go to the music store to find out if it's worth having it fixed.  Some other tasks included rug cleaning, burning leaves and wood from the yard cleanup.  Cleaning out the garage. We've tackled one area and will head to the next soon. It's on the list!  I got the taxes sent in, and Annabelle's evaluation to be admitted to Doggy Day Care.   I had to fill out 6 pages of questions about her and make sure all her shots were up to date including a flu shot and booster! I kid you not. I think it was easier to get my kids in college than to be admitted to Doggy Day Care.  Why do I need day care?  I think I mentioned possibly going back to work?  Well, I said yes to this task.  It involved 12 pages of paperwork, a background check, a health assessment (drug screening) and I'm suppose to get a laser eye exam.  I'm not doing the eye thing.  I have to do orientation on March 28th.  As soon as my drug screening and all comes back OK, I can actually start back to work. It's only a PRN position in surgery.  That means I'll work if they need help and if I can't do it that day I can say nope, sorry.  No weekends, call, or holidays.  Also no benefits but that's OK.  I'll just take the paycheck!  So I feel like all I've done is fill out forms.  Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things at the hospital. I've been out of there for a year and a half and lots can change in that time. Fingers crossed!  Thursday was St. Patrick's Day and our little town did a super job of celebrating it!  They turned the town creek green:

They got new banners for spring and also for St. Patty's Day and put balloons on all the light posts.


They played Irish music over the loud speakers in town all day long.  They had a parade around 5pm that anyone could join in on.  All the restaurants had specials with food and drink.  It was so fun to watch everyone just enjoying the day and celebrating.  It didn't hurt that our temps were 70de and sunny!





As you can tell, a fun time was had by all!  Friday night had Jack and I going to a surprise retirement party for one of our doctors that I worked with for almost all my career.  Dr. Yoder was an ortho doc and beloved by the community.  I enjoyed working with him and was so happy to go and wish him well.
My BFF, Donna, came with Jack and me and we had a fun evening.
 Doctor Yoder is in the peach colored shirt.  He's surrounded by many of the Physicians I worked with over my 41yr career.  It's like looking at my childhood friends all grown up!  This week had many other tasks to complete...like making 50 bee cookies for our ladies group at Church:
Don't ever let anyone know you have a bee cookie cutter if they are having a "Bee" themed event!  So I'm ending here as my final task for the day is getting ready for bed! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and have a day of rest for any tasks you may be involved with! Night all!  P.S..A big shout out to my sister Midge because today is her birthday! Happy Birthday sis! Love you!

9 comments:

Gin said...

Hard to believe you’ve been retired that long. But back to work will keep you young. I’m the same - retired but work when I want it can. I like the extra spending money. You look great in that picture with your BFF !! Thank

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy birthday to dear sister Midge! May she enjoy this one and many more.

It's good to see an update from you, dear friend. I predict that when you take that violin to the music shop to have it repaired, they will inform you that, lo and behold, it is a rare 17th century Stradivarius worth millions. I'm sorry there is so much red tape involved in getting Annabelle enrolled in Doggy Day Care. Is a basketball scholarship out of the question? :)

YaYa, I don't remember you mentioning that you planned to return to work. That comes as a shock to me, because you were just starting to settle into the retirement groove and finally getting a chance to enjoy life after so many hard months. I applaud you for challenging yourself and keeping your healthcare skills up to date. A PRN arrangement will allow you to take a shift when and if you want to, and please don't be afraid to "just say no." I like the banners and balloons and parade pics from your city's St. Patrick's Day celebration, especially the shot of the dog wearin' the green. I am also happy to see a picture of you with friend Donna, one of the first people I came to know at Whispering Pines all those years ago. Hello, Donna! Best wishes to your longtime colleague Doctor Yoder. The nice part about resuming work at the hospital will be catching up with your old friends and co-workers. I could gobble up every one of those bee cookies in the time it takes to drink my morning cup of coffee. They look delicious!

Once again, happy birthday to dear Midge. Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...

You had to mention taxes! ;-)
I enjoyed the read, but could not get away from Dr. Yoder. I had a very nice Officer in charge (OIC) in the USN by the name of Yoder. He had come up thru the ranks (not a Dr.) but one of the nicest men I remember. enjoyed the photoes ad shots of St. Patty's day.
Sherry & jack smiling in the Florida rain.... Actually a storm.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those Bee cookies look so delicious! Our Relief Society had a "friendship" dinner to celebrate the RS birthday. I hope all goes well with your return to work. Your town really did things up right for St. Paddy's Day! No celebrations like that around here. You have certainly been busy. My husband does our taxes and he is busy on those too. Last night, he helped our son finish his. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Julia said...

I too have a violin that is sitting idle. I started learning to play the violin in 2002 and then got breast cancer and had to have a right mastectomy and couldn't practice my violin as it was very painful and so my violin has remained idle. Then I got too busy with working at the farm and office work and everything, then I injured my right shoulder in several falls on the ice. It wasn't meant to be.

Your town really celebrated St Paddy's Day in a lovely way.

Happy Birthday to Midge. She is still in my daily prayers.

I'm so glad to see a picture of you and Donna. I do miss her blog and seeing glimpses of her life with family.

I'm surprised that you are returning to work and hope that you'll find it rewarding.
I don't have a bee cookie cutter so I think I'm safe.lol...

Take care,
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

Nice to see you friend I miss her blog. We cannot burn leaves in this state acid rain issue I guess. Happy Birthday to you your sister.
I had plans to retire at the end of this year but I am not sure at this point. We will see how it all boils down by the end of the year. Happy back to work.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, wowza... your town really does the green up good. How festive and fun...and no doubt the springy air helped. It probably is not a bad thing to keep one proverbial toe in the door of your profession in these uncertain times. You can keep up with your skills and have a little spending money to boot. And, of course, there's the camaraderie. I wish you the best of luck. Now...about those taxes. 😬 ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Cute bee cookies! I once went to Chicago when they turned the river green. How fun that they do this n your creek. Also fun to enjoy a St Patty's Day parade. Good luck going back to work. I am hoping to retire next year...and I wont be going back. LOL Janice

Kay G. said...

Haha, you should have kept that bee cookie cutter a secret!! They are so pretty but looks like some work to decorate them! Lovely post,your St Paddy's Day looks like fun!