Saturday, July 31, 2021

Goodbye July

 The sun has set on this last day of July. I'm usually pretty excited about Autumn and yes I'm still a fan of that season. However, this summer has flown by and having each day to myself to do outside work or inside projects I've found that I'm enjoying summer more than I have before.  Our weather has been  wet and sometimes really warm and humid.  But we've also had nice weeks like this weekend.  Day temps in the 70's and night temps in the 50's.  That's open window time to blow the stink out as my Grandpa used to say!  July had some fun times with our visit to my sister's and celebrating July4th.  The gardens are growing and producing and soon red, ripe, juicy tomatoes will be on the menu! We've hit our Farmer's market each Saturday and scored some good produce there.  It's nice we can support the local farmers and crafts people.  Plus we've run into many of my co-workers and friends.  August will arrive tomorrow and I have a few things coming up on my to do list.  I've been working on our bedroom and getting rid of clothes, linens, towels and other things that just needed to be given away.  This past week Jack and I moved all the furniture to clean and dust and vacuum.  I washed walls and hung curtains and a new bedspread. (since I took about 5 old ones to Goodwill I felt OK about getting a new one! Ha!) I'm going to paint the master bath this week.  The master bedroom and bath are what realtors would call: Cozy.  (i.e. Small)

We took the headboard off and I'm looking for a new one.  The old one was a bit big for the room. We inherited it from Jack's parents.  His Dad had it made special for his Mom by the Amish. It is hand carved out of cherry wood and lovely but it was time for a change.  Not sure what we'll do with it now but hopefully we'll find it a good home. I took this shot after it was removed but maybe I'll get a pic of it and show it one day.  This week we were going to host my sister and then her daughter's family after they got back from Cedar Point.  The problem came with getting my sister set up with dialysis here in Ashland.  Apparently they are booked solid this week and couldn't get her in. So her kids are still going to Cedar Point but not coming here.  Midge will stay home and get things ready for her surgery coming up on the 12th.  I'll be going out there and helping where I can until she gets home and on her feet. As you can see the month of August will also fly by!  So bye bye July.  It was a pleasure to do business with you! (We had an Doc who always would say to us at the end of the day: "It's been business doing pleasure with you!" Insert head shake here!)  Take Care!

5 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

It brings me joy to read a sentence written by you that includes language like "I've found that I'm enjoying summer more than I have before." You are long overdue for fun and enjoyment in your life, dear friend. Yessum, July said bye-bye and August has arrived. I remember that, from this point on, most evenings will be noticeably cooler, and the daytime highs will begin to fall off, too. However I do remember roasting many days at the York Interstate Fair which was held the second week in September.

I'll bet you can't wait to serve those red, ripe, juicy tomatoes. Mrs. Shady is fond of having a sandwich consisting of nothing more than sliced tomato and mayo. It does my heart good to know that you are getting so much done outdoors around The Pines, making hay while the sun shines.

Your room looks lovely. As the weather cools and fall yields to winter, you can tackle more indoor tasks like going from room to room painting and redecorating. I know that Halloween decorating is one of your favorite activities of the year. I share your excitement, and know all that good work gives you a sense of satisfaction. I just read that Cedar Point is a large amusement park on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio. I hope Midge's daughter and family have a great time and that Midge gets her dialysis AOK. Bless you for preparing to make another trip back to your roots to help out while Midge recovers from her Aug. 12 surgery. I will keep her in my prayers.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the retirement life in any way you choose, and that August will be a kind and gentle month for your family. Have a wonderful first week, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

I thought that you were taking it easy. You must be in good shape to do all that heavy work, both outside and inside. Retirement means that you can do things at your own pace and you are doing it well.

The bedroom looks cosy and bright.
Yes, I agree that July went by fast and it's been a great summer here too. No complaints. I'm sure that August will go just as fast, if not faster.

Prayers for your sister Midge for a successful surgery and quick recovery. Enjoy August.

Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

You made me tired with all the cleaning. LOL I like the bedroom shot. Also like to think of 'Amish hand crafted furniture.'
Yes dialysis does throw a monkey wrench in a lot of travel plans.
Love from NC
Sherry & jack

Prims By The Water said...

Oh I hated cleaning after the kitchen redo, but it had to be done. The entire house. So sorry to hear about the plans being changed and hope all goes well. Janice

Ankit Ron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.