Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sister Love

My sister and I had a fun week together here at the Pines after her family went back to Chicago.  We shopped at our favorite places...the Parsley Pot...Grandpa's Cheesebarn..(I wanted to buy a T-shirt that said: I CUT THE CHEESE AT GRANDPA'S CHEESEBARN...But I didn't.) We had lunch at Village Pointe and found some cute things to buy there. There's a little shop downtown called: The Fig and Oak. We didn't find anything there but I had to take this photo of Midge.  

An angel? Well, maybe with a little devil mixed in! We found a little shop across the street called: Bagnabit and it took me back to the 60's with it's mix of incense, art, and other goodies.  We found a few things to add to our shopping day and had fun to boot!  We even hit the Dollar Store so we could put together a gift basket for the Dialysis unit where Midge was able to get her dialysis done here. The staff  was so nice and she wanted to say thanks. The way to a healthcare worker's heart is through the stomach so I made chocolate chip cookies and we got candy and some other things for them to enjoy. They loved it! One night we decided to head over to our little airport here in Ashland to see the sky divers.  

We have a sweet small plane airport that has skydiving classes.  Neither Midge nor I ever want to jump out of a plane but it was fun to see others do it!

Then we had this guy flying over:

He was zipping all around us.  Again, looks like fun but not my kind! On Sunday I drove Midge back to Chicago and spent the rest of the week with her to help her do a few projects.  We watched old family videos and labeled the keepers and threw out the rest. We cleaned out the garage and took lots of stuff the the Salvation Army drop off.  On Monday we even survived a tornado...I should say 2 tornadoes!  That storm took out power all over the suburbs but we were lucky that we only lost power for about 5 minutes.  The other towns near us weren't so lucky and there were tons of trees downed and the Chapel at Wheaton College lost it's steeple.  So my niece and I cleaned up the yard and deck and thankfully we had no other damage.  The only bad thing that happened was with Arnold.  I decided to take him with me so Jack wouldn't have to worry about getting home from work to get him out and Arnie loves to be in the car so it seemed like a good idea.  He was with my sister and I in her car when he slipped off the seat and somehow tore his ACL in his left back leg.  I couldn't get into a vet there so I made an appointment with our Vet on Saturday. He's scheduled for surgery on Tuesday to get it repaired.  He's not in any pain but of course he can't use that back leg.  So for now he has to take it easy and carrying him up and down the deck stairs to go out is not always fun! But he's a good guy and we'll get him better soon.  I realized I never took any photos of the storm or anything else out there. I must be slipping!  Tomorrow will be my first Monday that I don't have anything planned like family visits or trips anywhere.  It will seem weird tonight to not be thinking about the surgery schedule tomorrow, call schedule for the week, or making my lunch to take to work!  I have many projects of my own to get started on so I'm not worried about being bored.  Have a good week everyone!

7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your sister. Enjoy your first true day of retirement. poor Arnie I am sure you will take good care of him.
Cathy

betty said...

Poor Arnold!! Hoping the surgery goes well! Sounded like a lovely visit with your sister in your neck of the woods and then when she got back to her home! Wonderful that you took the time to do that and spend it with her! And now off to figure out what projects you'll want to do and in what order first :) Enjoy!

betty

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you two had a great time together. Enjoy your week with nothing to do. ;-) That sounds great. Have a good one. See you again soon.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

Thanks for the update on your activities with sister Midge this past week. It good to know the two of your sistered around with each other, tasted good food, browsed around a retro 60s style shop and watched skydivers in action. It is especially nice that you put together a gift basket with candy for the staff at the dialysis unit that treated Midge and that you baked chocolate chip cookies to go along with it. They will appreciate this gesture! I am very thankful that you and Midge sustained no injury and there was no serious property damage to her dwelling when tornadoes ripped through the Chicago area. You told me a few days ago that Arnie is ailing with a torn ligament. I am dismayed to learn exactly how his accident happened. I hope my favorite pooch's surgery is a success. I'll be thinking about him Tuesday.

Yessum, with all you have had on your plate most of this year, the coming week will hopefully be the first one you can truly call your own - your first real week of retirement. I hope it works out that way and that you enjoy it to the fullest, dear friend YaYa!

Prims By The Water said...

Sounds like you had some fun times with your sister! We have a small airport near us that does skydiving too! I have no interest in it either. Janice

jack69 said...

I admire Sister connections. I think the feelings are more intense than brothers. I wanted to sky dive once, but I guess I will put that on permanent hold.
Love your way from Layton Utah.
Sherry, jack & JJ on the road.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542