Thursday, August 6, 2020

It Feels Like A Vaca

It's been a week since I formally retired.  Everyone keeps asking how it feels to be retired.  Frankly, it feels like I'm on vacation.  It hasn't really sunk in that I'm done working.  My sister has been here this week and we've really enjoyed having her here.  We set up her dialysis with a unit here and all's been good so far.  My niece and her family brought her here on Sunday and they stayed for a few days before heading back home.  I'll bring Midge back on Sunday this weekend and stay with her in Chicago for a few days. Yep, feels like a vaca!  Ask me in another few weeks how it's going!  Here's some pics from this fake vacation:

My nieces kids were fascinated by my neighbor's alpaca..especially the new baby.
No fear when they met Temp the wonder horse...Connor and Ella were in love!
Yesterday Midge and I went up to see my Grandbaby Driana in her new home only a few miles from Lake Erie.  It was a fun and peaceful afternoon on the lake.
Sister love!
It was pretty windy out there and the waves were rocking! So pretty!
Of course we had to see this lovely lighthouse.  It's actually a private residence. Imagine the views and the sunrise, sunsets from here!
We found some pretty rocks and driftwood.
Lunch was a little picnic under the trees.
So yummy!  Maybe we were just hungry from all that lake air!
 Today it was Grandson Cameron's 13th birthday and we went to his home for his favorite bday dinner of pizza, wings, and an icecream cake.  
I can't believe this little squirt is 13 already! My oldest son's last teenager! It's been a fun week so far and we still have tomorrow and Saturday for some more adventures.  This is much more fun than work!

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

So... I simply must ask... how does it feel to be retired? :) You might be the first to call retirement a "fake vacay." I like it! :) I'm happy to learn that your sister came to town for a visit along with your niece and family. I'm rooting for Midge to make a full and complete recovery. Be careful making those back and forth trips to see her.

If I had visited The Pines this past week, I'm sure I would have spent a great deal of time gazing at the young alpaca and hoping it and its mother would come to the fence for a good scratching, and I would have patted and rubbed Temp the wonder horse for hours. It's nice to see pictures of Connor, Ella, Driana, Midge and Lake Erie! With the brisk wind blowing across the water, it must have been an invigorating experience. I see you guys were wearing layers. Imagine how it will feel to stroll along the water's edge five months from now! I would love to be inside that lighthouse in January and observe the lake effect snow piling up. (Notice how, when you never get snow and haven't even seen it in many years, you are obsessed with it?)

Happy 13th birthday to Cameron! What a great cake they made him for the occasion. I predict Cam will sprout up to basketball height in the coming years.

It does my heart good to know that you are relaxing and doing whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it. You have earned this time, Kathleen.

BREAKING NEWS:

A surprise awaits you today at Shady's Place, dear friend YaYa. Stay safe and well and have a delightful weekend!

betty said...

Happy belated birthday to Cameron! You and your sister look great!!! Looks like you are enjoying the beginnings of retirement!! Just have fun! After all your years of work, its time for some "you" time, so get out and make the most of it!

betty

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you were able to retire. I would retire if I could. Hubby is retired from teaching now, mostly due to the virus. I am planning to teach six more years. So glad you were able to spend some time with your sister. Great pictures and a nice post. Have a good weekend.

acorn hollow said...

How wonderful your sister got to spend some time at your home lots of life changes for her.
She looks just like your mom. You got to do some fun things and yes I bet it does feel like a vacation. But oh lucky you you get to stay home or do as you want.
Your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud thank you I need a laugh.
Cathy

CHERI said...

CONGRATS on your retirement. It took me quite awhile to adjust!!!! Looks like you are staying busy with family. I think the key to a happy retirement is to find things you love and do them...maybe things you just haven't had time to do before. Before the pandemic struck I was trying to do some of that!!!! Loved all the pics.

Doreen Frost said...

Congratulations on your retirement!! I must say, I think I might quite like the "vacation" feel to stick around. :) Lovely that your sister was able to visit and it looks like you had a lovey time. Stay safe and well, doreen

Susan Zarzycki said...

Lovely photos of family fun. Many moons ago I lived in Woodstock, Ontario and we would visit Lake Erie. Your post brought back memories.💖

Kay G. said...

Can't believe that Cameron is now 13! Why, I have watched him grow up on your blog!! Best wishes to him!!
Love those photos of Lake Erie and I would love to live in that lighthouse, like I could ever have that kind of money! HA!!
Enjoy your retirement, you supposed to look OLDER when you retire...you are messing it up for the rest of us when we retire!! Take care!

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542