Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day (and other stuff!)

Happy Mother's Day! I'm sure it's being celebrated very differently in many places than it has been in the past.  Yes, we are still in our....pardon the overused phrase..."New Normal".  I hope it's a beautiful day in your neighborhood on this Sunday.  First I will give a shout out to my Momma.  She is still in the rehab facility but doing good.  Her leg has healed and they are getting her up and walking.  However, it's been a touch and go situation because she is having bits of forgetfulness..aka dementia.  This whole situation has made it confusing and difficult for her. She was already having some forgetfulness issues and the stress of my Sister getting sick and then her accident really has done a number on her.  She has good and bad days and we've kept in touch with zoom and phone calls. We all send her letters, packages, photos and flowers to make sure she knows we haven't forgotten her and we are hopeful she will be able to come home with home care in a few weeks.  Our biggest concern is the amount of Covid 19 in the facility.  There are 65 residents and there are 60 cases of Covid there.  Part of those cases...1/3..are staff members.  Mom was tested yesterday because she's having a doctor visit next week and thankfully she tested negative.  We hope to get her out of there with that same diagnosis. 

Love you Mom! Hope to be with you soon!  Another thing that happens in our new normal is time marching on. May is a big month for birthdays in our family.  May 7th our Lexi.turned 14 on the 7th.
She's a sweetheart, a straight A student and a joy! Love you Lex! Yesterday was her Dad's birthday. Phil turned 40! How in the heck did that happen? He went from this cutie:
To the Dad to two of his own cuties:
Love you Phil! You're the best! We have other birthdays to celebrate this month and a holiday at the end so life is marching on and we'll just have to do the same. Happy Mother's Day! Take care and stay safe everyone!

13 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy Mother's Day to you, to your mom, your sister and all the mothers around your wonderful family! Yessum, the "new normal" is starting to get old! :) I am relieved to know that your dear mother is progressing well in rehab. I'm sure she wishes she were home or visiting The Pines surrounded by the whole clan. I am very sorry to learn that she has memory issues and is experiencing confusion. As this dreadful prolonged bout with the mysterious virus wears on, we are all confused, wondering what's next and what if anything we can do about it. I'm sure the zoom sessions, phone calls, letters, cards, packages, pictures and flowers all help ease her anxiety and let her know how much you all love her. I hope she can return home a few weeks from now as planned. I am also very sorry to learn how much of a threat the COVID is at your mother's facility. I join you in praying that she stays healthy until she can get out of there and go home.

Happy birthday to grandkiddo Lexi! Fourteen is an exciting age and I wish her a safe and happy year. And happy 40th to Phil! Please remind him that 40 is the new 14. Phil and his girls are three of my favorite people to see and read about on Whispering Pines.

Thank you for the update, dear friend YaYa. Take good care of yourself. Let's hope things look brighter by the time we say goodbye to the month of May.

joeh said...

Sad that our most vulnerable are not taken care of as well as they should be.

betty said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and to your mom! I am glad to hear she is progressing well. I will pray that she doesn't get the virus and also healing for those that have it at her facility. Happy birthday to your family members. I hope you have a nice day!

Betty

Kay G. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your gorgeous Mom!
Let's hope she will be able to come home soon.
How is your sister doing? I am thinking that a lot of prayers must have been said for her!

Julia said...

Happy Birthday to you and your mom. I'm still keeping your sister Midge and your mom in my prayers for healing.
I'm glad that your mom's leg is healing but I would be worried about her return to the residence with some COVID-19 cases still present. You are my hero for working in health care especially at this time.
Stay safe and healthy.
Happy Birthday to your family members this month.
Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. Happy May birthday month! We have a lot of family birthdays in May as well. Hope your mom can come home soon - and that she stays healthy. Hope you are having a Happy Mother's Day!
:-)

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope your mom is able to get out soon. Birthday wishes to all of your family members too. A handsome family indeed! Janice

jack69 said...

We have been busy herd celebrating Mother's day. we had 5 mothers from our family here today celebrating.
Enjoyed the read and especially the pictures. Life even feel marooned at times is still great.
BE SAFE
Sherry & jack

CHERI said...

Happy Mother's Day, Yaya! Hope it was a really nice one for you. Wow...60 out of 65 with the virus. I'm sure that is very scary for y'all. Sadly my sister nurse found out today that she has been exposed. She called me crying. She has been so strong up to this point and had really not worried too much about it, but I guess it's different when reality really hits you. We aren't telling our 91 yr. old mother...no need to worry her until we know if there is something to worry about. I sure am praying hard for her though. All of you medical workers need all the blessings you can get. Hope you have a good...and safe...week.

acorn hollow said...

I hope your mom continues to do well. How is your sister?
Happy Birthday to everyone in that month we do not have any in the month of May.
Cathy

Job Pedro said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosu

Rick Watson said...

I hope your mom is dancing soon. Alabama opened up more this week. I have my fingers crossed that the numbers don't skyrocket.

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542