Saturday, May 16, 2020

One Flew Over The Robin Nest

Good morning from Chicago.  I made a quick trip to help Midge get ready for my Mom coming home next week.  There are tons of phone calls from agencies that will help with home care and other preparations.  I was going to help take Mom to a doctor appointment but we felt that picking her up for the appointment and then dropping her back at the rehab facility would be very upsetting to her.  She wants to come home and can't understand why she's still there.  She pulled out the tube that was draining her infected gallbladder so they cancelled the appointment anyway. She has had more dementia issues since being there but we're hoping that being back in her own home will be more helpful. My sister has to stay away for a 2 week period to make sure Mom doesn't have Covid 19, She's one of the few in the facility that hasn't gotten it.  She tested negative (if you can even believe the tests) and will be tested again before coming home.  My brother will be here along with home care and then my Granddaughter, Driana, will come the next week.  I'll probably be back for the 3rd week if necessary. We just don't have a clue as to how this will go since we haven't seen Mom since early March. It's a bit of a stresser for sure.  But while I've been here we've gotten my sister's office taken apart and moved upstairs and the room prepared for a hospital bed.  Lots of things need to be in place and then we hope Mom stays healthy until then. On a lighter note,  my sister has a robin that built a nest on her lamppost on her deck.  It's been fun watching the parents take care of the newbies.
Not sure if this is Dad or Mom..
Getting the eagle...or I should say, Robin's eye!
A quick flip of position and the nesting continues.
Fuzzy wuzzy babies! Good luck kiddos.  It's a crazy world out here! Just ask Arnie
I took Arnie with me but he really needs a groomer bad! Thankfully the Barker Shop is open in Ohio and I will continue to call for an appointment.  He's so over it! Have a good weekend. I hope to catch up with my blog buddies today. I'll be heading back home tomorrow.  Jack has held the fort down.  Thanks Babe! See you soon!
 

11 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thanks for reporting in, dear friend! I hope and pray that you can get your dear mother out of that facility and home to where she will be safer. Returning to familiar surroundings and being around loved ones again after all these weeks of isolation should improve her mood and cognition. I hope the scenario unfolds in that manner. This has been a frightening ordeal for you and your family, and you have answered the call of duty and continued to serve the health needs of your Ohio community. You are nothing less than a heroine.

My dad used to get excellent closeups of robins that nested in a tree just outside my bedroom window. Thanks for showing pictures of the robin red-breast and its young on Midge's lamppost. To me it's a miracle that birds survive the fickle spring weather and the threat of predators long enough to raise their young to maturity.

I also thank you for giving me a look at my buddy Arnie. After weeks of sequestering, we could all use a good grooming by now.

Please be careful tomorrow as you make your way back home to Ashland, dear friend YaYa. Rest assured that I and your other friends will keep your dear mother in our thoughts and prayers.

betty said...

How cute with the robins! So glad your mom will be making it home and that you have the help that will be needed. Arnie looks so cute, shaggy or not! Praying all goes well with the move of your mom to get place and of course everyone's health!

Betty

Prims By The Water said...

So sad to hear about yor mom. Hope all goes well. We had a robin last year make a nest behind our porch light. It was cool watching the babies! Hope you have a great weekend! Janice

Kathy said...

Glad you were able to be there to help out with things. Hope your mom gets better being in familiar surroundings. I loved seeing those adorable baby birds. And adorable Arnie too.

jack69 said...

You bring back a lot of memories, times past. I smile (may as well) since we are in our 80s now we are next in line in our families if we live long enough. Sad, but we have learned the hard way, THAT IS REAL LIFE!
The best to you guys, this is tough times for a family. Honestly, it has caused some very hard feelings in extended family and good friends lives.
The best to you guys, Us Jacks can stnd up to the plate in a pinch!
Sherry & jack in NC

Julia said...

Oh poor Yaya, so much is happening in your world that takes a lot of courage and goodwill. You are earning your crown for sure. I hope the transition for your sweet mom and sister goes better than expected. You have a lot on your plate.
I love the picture of the Robin and the little noisy babies. I also hope that your mom will feel more secure in her familiar surroundings.
The girls are still in my daily prayers.
I should be able to mow the lawn on Monday for a change of pace. Again, May is already over half gone, just like that.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

How is your sister doing? Is she still having issues with her kidneys.
I hope your mom settles in and is better in her home setting.
Cathy

Kay G. said...

Hope all goes well with your Mom.
And I am wondering how your sister is also, that was touch and go with her health for a while there, wasn't it?
Now, I love birds! Wonderful to be able to see the robin's nest!
Male robin and female robin look identical BUT the male robin is darker than the female. The dark bit on a male is a darker brown than a female. Once you know that, you will be able to tell the difference! :-)

Christina said...

I hope everything goes well with getting your mom home. She is blessed to have children who take good care of her. How is Driana going to help when she is just a Primary child?!!!!

TRISHA NELSON said...

My name is Trisha Nelson I had bowel obstruction and I was so worried am I going to die soon. I made my search on herbal remedy on bowel obstruction, then I found lots of testimonies on how Dr James Herbal Medicine who cured diseases like Rectum effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis , Lyme disease, Hpv, Infections, Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus, Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr James As a man with Good Heart, I picked interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I received His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 weeks of drinking his medicine, I went for a test I found out I was cured from HIV / Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV) / Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info ... Whatsapp Number ... + 2348152855846, Email ... drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542