Saturday, May 2, 2020

Merry May!

April slipped out and May day arrived.  I know many were looking forward to this month in the hope that things would be getting back to normal, or I should say a "new normal".  Some states have moved forward quicker than others but it's slowly happening.  Ohio's stay at home order has been pushed to May 29th but some businesses are allowed to open and more will open next week.  Yesterday we were able to start doing elective surgeries that don't require an overnight stay.  We had a 6:30 am meeting that involved an in-service on chest tube care and then a short staff meeting. I wish I had taken a picture of all of us sitting around wearing masks.  I know that we all wear masks in the OR but for some reason this just made me laugh looking around at everyone.  It looked like a bank robber convention.  We were all glad to see our co-workers again on our home turf.  I had posted the Oscar the Grouch song about not letting the "Sunshine ruin your rain" on Facebook and promised I wouldn't complain about anything all day! And I kept that promise!  (Monday however is fair game... Ha!) Before patients can have surgery they have to test negative for Covid 19.  So they come to the hospital and drive up, roll down their window, and a nurse sticks a Q-tip up the patient's nose.  30 seconds  up each nostril.  Not fun!  Friday was a rainy, cold day and standing outside doing that chore for hours had nurses soaked and cold.  Some of the patients were not very nice about it but it's either that or no surgery. I'm sure everyone is having a change of life plans these days but it will get better.  One of my co-worker's family owns a donut/coffee shop.  It's called "Brewed" and it's the cutest place ever and they make the absolute best donuts.  Brewed has kept the hospital in donuts these past weeks and Friday we were treated again:
It didn't take long for those babies to disappear!
Thanks Brewed! (Libby's Mom!)
The only other news worthy item around here is we bit the money bullet and bought a new/used (I mean previously owned) car:
Jack's jeep was on it's last legs and it was just time to say bye-bye to it and hello to this. Oh, and I got a couple pairs of new shoes.   A pair for work and then these:
What's so special about these?  First they are new and not "previously owned" and they have some kind of technology that counts your steps.  I haven't plugged it into my phone yet and might not ever do that.  Why did I buy them then? Well, for the best reason ever.  They were on sale.  Probably because pink, flowered shoes aren't as popular as others I guess!  That's all there is folks...have a good weekend! I wish everyone a Merry May!

14 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy second of May to you dear friend! Today is Mrs. Shady's birthday. I love the bright pink and magenta flowers on those trees in your header.

I am very happy to know that you were able to return to familiar turf, the hospital and the OR, and be reunited with your co-worker friends. I can understand how some people would get testy having a Q-tip inserted in each nostril for 30 seconds. What an ordeal for the patients and the nurses! Let us remember how people fussed in the early 2000s when TSA's needed to begin their rigorous screening, scanning and frisking procedures at airports. It's absolutely wonderful to see the nice people at Brewed stepping up and showing their appreciation for healthcare heroes like you. Congratulation on getting a new/used car to replace the rickety old Jeep. I hope you get many miles out of your new wheels and also many miles out of your new pink flowered shoes. They will let you know precisely how many. :)

Merry May to you as well, dear friend YaYa. It shouldn't be hard to beat April. :)

joeh said...

Swab up both nostrils, not pleasant. Swabbing someone else's nostrils, also I would think, not a picnic!

Julia said...

Are those flowering trees in bloom already or is it last year's picture? Everything looks so green. I can see tiny buds on my crabtree but nothing of beauty yet. Happy May to you.

You, healthcare heroes so deserve those donuts with all that you do especially at this time of the pandemic. Up your nose has new meaning now, with Covid-19 testing. I hope the number of new cases is going down. Our province of N.B. has not had any new cases of Covid-19 virus in two weeks for a total of 118 cases and no death. I do hope it stays that way.

Congratulation on the new to you car. It's a beauty. Love the new shoes but I'm not big on technology. How easy it would be to keep track of where you go. You might need to walk a lot to wear off those donut calories. lol...
Hugs, Julia

betty said...

Love the shoes!! Nice looking vehicle too!! That would not be pleasant to be out there in the rain doing the testing. Those nurses, as all healthcare workers, are real troopers!! Yum on the donuts! We are warming up here so we do our own brand of social isolating and distancing here when it gets so hot. Not many go out except of course to the things that are closed and I'm not sure when they'll be opened, like movie theaters and malls. Our elective surgeries opened up again yesterday with the same parameter of having to be negative for Covid-19.

betty

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Merry May to you too.

Please take care of yourself. Here in NY most of the time patients with Cardiovascular conditions tested positive for the Virus and were hit hard. Most of them did not realize that they had high BP. Some because they could not afford wellness check ups and some because they did not practice self care.
Like the idea of shoes being able to count your steps. They are cute too.

Enjoy the Previously Used / New car in good health and stay safe.

jack69 said...

It is amazing that folks can get up set at someone who is doing their job, one not appreciated enough. WOW. Nice shoes Oh and BTW glad somethings are improving, that is some elective surgery's anyway.
Take care and BE SAFE.
From the first coast,
Sherry & jack

acorn hollow said...

Happy may. I like your shoes and congrats on the car. We here in my are slowly opening up I worry though I hope I am writing for nothing.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those shoes! They are so cute and how cool that they count your steps. Those donuts look delicious. We are opening up here in Utah a bit. I sure hope it isn't too soon because our COVID cases keep increasing, but I guess we really can't stay house bound forever. I love your new car. We have been thinking of getting one soon as well since there are sure some deals out there right now. Have a good Sunday!

Kay G. said...

Those pink, flowered shoes would make me smile every time I looked down at my feet, I love them!
Take great care of yourself and yes, please wear a mask!

Prims By The Water said...

Thanks for the laugh on the bank robbers convention. I needed that. I remember once buying floral jeans. They reminded me of your new shoes. Janice

R's Rue said...

May blessings.

CHERI said...

Our state of GA is also reopening some things but I'm not sure I agree. I did break down though and got a haircut and color this week because I just couldn't stand myself another minute! Made me VERY nervous but my hairdresser was very careful to follow the new guidelines and I was the only client. I am soooo (past) ready for things to get to some semblance of normalcy!!! Wow...those shoes! I have never heard of shoes that will count your steps. I thought I was "hip" with my Fitbit watch that counts them! Enjoy your shoes...and your new ride. Stay safe!!!

Job Pedro said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosu

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542