Sunday, March 29, 2020

March Madness

I believe I stated when March began that it came in like a lamb.  I never would have guessed how lioness it would be come by it's end.  The weather has been mild and Spring sprung with my daffodils in bloom:
I'll need to get out and pick some for inside but time has been flying by with work and all it's crazy schedules.  Because we're not doing elective surgery we've taken on jobs all over the hospital.  I had the opportunity to actually work in our cafeteria kitchen. I'm here to tell you that some of the heroes of this virus war are certainly behind the scenes. I had no idea how an institutional kitchen ran and how the food was created for us and for the patients.  My coworkers were excited I was going down there and said I needed to add some flavor to the food! I had to laugh because after watching how it's made I really had no intention of actually cooking anything.  I hung out with Ann..someone I've known here at Samaritan for a long time.  She gave me the skinny on making salads, sandwiches, checking stock, filling patient food orders, making some cookies and desserts along with cleaning, dating all the food that's prepared in packages, standing and chopping, sorting, washing, and anything else I could handle that didn't ruin the food! It was exhausting! I started at 5:30am and ran until around 12:30 until I took a 30min. lunch break.  The head cook never even took a break or lunch!  I won't be back there because I'm moving on to another position of checking temperatures of people coming into the lab/xray at another facility for the hospital.  I'll be doing that for the month of April along with working in the operating room when needed or on call.  The nurses and the other surgical techs are elsewhere.  Most hate it and miss our regular schedule but do it anyway.  Working 12hr shifts on the front line.  I also want to take a second to thank our housekeeping crew.  Everyone is working hard, doing special cleaning and making sure we do all we can to keep ourselves, our patients, and the community safe or at least getting through this time.  I've always said that hospitals are not Doctors and Nurses...it's EVERYONE!  Every job is important.  Healthcare cannot be healthy care without a team effort.  Thanks everyone!
Thanks Ann!
Thanks Becky!
The kitchen is safe...I'm moving on!
Thanks Ashley for letting your sweet face get all red from those N95 masks!  Call with you is always a good experience!
Night all!  Don't forget to wash your hands!


15 comments:

joeh said...

I'm doing my job, which is to stay home and not have to go to a hospital and make even more work you soldiers in this war.

THANK YOU!!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

This is another great post, dear friend! You reminded us that a hospital is more than doctors and nurses. It is a large team of professionals, men and women with various skill sets and responsibilities all working together to provide the best healthcare for patients. It was nice of you to single out and pay tribute to some of your co-workers. It was interesting to read about your stint working in the cafeteria kitchen. I worked in the produce department of a supermarket and I can relate to you descriptions of food preparation.

I assume that since you didn't mention your mother or Midge in this report that they are AOK and on the road to recovery. What a blessing!

I admire you and your cohorts for setting aside fear and doing your duty to benefit others. It's what your brave father did, and you are made of the same sturdy stuff.

I hope you and your family stay safe and well in the coming week, dear friend YaYa!

P.S. - Thanks for commenting on my 1959 post. It has been a long day and I am quite tired. I think I'll hit the hay and reply to it tomorrow morning. Thanks again!

acorn hollow said...

wow you have been busy stay safe and healthy
cathy

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Awe, that is very nice of you to fit in everywhere you are needed. Thanks

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! Thanks so much for all your hard work on the front lines. You are appreciated doing whatever is needed to keep your patients safe and well.

betty said...

Hands are washed so often here they are starting to chap :) The true heroes at hospitals are often not the doctors. I think you saw that with your moving around in different positions. It is good you are still able to be employed though I know your field is one that has high exposure to the virus. I know you are doing all you can to stay safe!

betty

Z said...

All of you essential workers are heroes and, all over the world, we're so grateful - especially in hospitals, who really are at the front line, but also in food shops, the carers, postal workers, refuse collectors and everyone else who's still working and putting themselves at risk. Holed up at home, having just sent in a food order to two local shops, I wish I could volunteer to help, but know that I'm doing best by not being ill.

jack69 said...

Strange how placing your feet in someone's shoes opens our eyes to THEIR world. Glad the kitchen is safe, hope you are. Take care of yourself. Prayers for you and all the other workers behind the scenes and on the front lines.
Love & prayers from here.

Prims By The Water said...

My mom worked in food service most of her career. She had to be on her feet the entire day. Her job was hard, but I know she enjoyed it. Stay safe and thank you and your co-workers for all that you do! Janice

Unknown said...

All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for a financial help for the past four years. But now, am completely stressed free all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seek for funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach them through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

Christina said...

I don't envy anyone working in hospitals right now. I agree that every job is so important and needed. I never even thought of the job of the cleaning staff until I saw a post of someone thanking them the other day. That can not be an easy job either. Everyone there is putting their own life on the line for the greater good. Thank you for all you do!

gin said...

I’ve been MIA from computer time and am just now catching with you and gosh I’ve missed so much going with you. I’m so sorry your mom and midge have had those emergencies. My prayers and thoughts are with them And I’m so thankful they are much better and trying to mend. I know you were right there to be of help and care. Yes this co-vid19 has all things in a whirlwind. I hope your retirement plans get back on track real soon. Stay well and I send get well wishes to your mom and midge.

jack69 said...

You may not read this, but I had to come over ans say THANKS for the laughs, both Sherry & I, read the comment about Grandma and the shotgun! That was a big belly laugh and sure made a point. LOL

Job Pedro said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosu

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542