Sunday, April 5, 2020

April has brought the Spring season closer to us.  Our weather has been mild with only a few really chilly days sprinkled in here and there.  Rain was pretty strong last week but thankfully we've had some sun to dry things up a bit. Here's a pic of the farmer's field near us that turns into a lake every Spring:
That's the field from my car window. Surf's Up!  Makes it hard to plant without a submarine I guess! On the covid 19 front we're bracing for the surge that's predicted to hit us this week. My son, Jackie, works at a hospital in Wooster, Ohio just about 30min. from us.  They have 5 cases of corona and a couple of them are nurses.  I heard that they are suggesting we don't wear our scrubs out of the hospital because some weirdos are blaming healthcare workers for this virus and are attacking nurses when they are seen out of the hospital.  Like I always say: "You can't cure stupid".   In the mean time I'm doing health checks on folks going into one of our facilities that has lab and x-ray along with doctor offices. Most people are pretty nice about having to do a screening before going into the facility.  Then there's the jerks who act like I made up this whole thing and the virus is a conspiracy. Yep, I'm thrilled that I worry daily about my family who are healthcare providers, my Mom who's in a nursing home and can't have visitors and is getting more confused as the days go by.  My sister who's going to dialysis 3 times a week and is a perfect candidate to catch this. Yep, I just love not going to my real job like normal.  I'd much rather beg you to let me take your temperature to make sure you're OK. 
Here's my little desk..yep, I read while waiting.  I do this for 6hrs a day and it can be a bit boring...but hey, it's a paycheck!
Wear a mask!  One of the things that does make me smile is when I ask folks for their phone number.   Maybe my male blog buddies can clear this up.  How come most men don't know their phone number?  They have to think about it, hem and haw, check the phone, and one man had it written on a piece of paper in his wallet.  Women just rattle it off, no problem.  Just a little mystery here!  So that's what's happening in my world.  This weekend had nice weather and I did get outdoors and work on my flower beds.  Jack and I cleaned up the yard a bit and hopefully I will get the first mowing done next week.  We need some maintenance on the mower first.  I managed to bake some pies:
Strawberry..don't laugh at the crust.  A little whip cream made it look prettier!
Dutch apple.  I'll have to find someone to give a pie to.  That's really more than we'll ever eat! But it's fun to bake and it makes the house smell good too.
I ordered this Easter Creche and it came in the mail the other day.  I thought it was different and a good way to decorate that brings the real meaning of Easter.  It's not all bunnies and candy!  This is the week before Easter and usually I'm getting ready for the kids to come and have a nice dinner and an Easter egg hunt and going to Church on Sunday morning.  Not this year, but I hope we can celebrate in our own quiet way and not get too sad that it's totally different.  Please pray for an end to this madness and for the safety and well being of your families and friends.  For all those that are sacrificing in any way and helping everyone cope.  We will get through this.  I know that I will look back on posts and remember how it was and be so glad it's over.  Take care everyone!

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya. Glad you are doing OK. Most people around here are pretty well behaved and respectful of social distancing, etc., but the other night we had to go to Walmart to pick up my husband's meds and it was business as usual there - no social distancing or other concern. No wipes for the carts. I was appalled. Groups of shoppers gathered around the DVD bin pawing through it. I told my husband that we are NOT going back to Walmart other than first thing in the morning. It is crazy that some people aren't taking this seriously. I hope you and your family stay well. See you again soon.

betty said...

My niece wrote on Facebook a piece about Covid 19 and how it is affecting everything this year. She wanted to put down her thoughts about it and knew it would come in her feed from year to year with memories and she wanted to remember it all. I also heard of a high school here whose yearbook editor said this year's yearbook should include something about the virus so in future years people could remember its impact on everything so she asked for a special section to be printed up to be added to the yearbook. I thought that was a very clever idea. I truly admire anyone working in healthcare these days! The front lines and exposed to so much but still carrying on the best they could. I saw on Facebook where at one of the medical centers in Alabama I think a church arranged for people to come to the parking lot in their vehicles, staying in their vehicles, but praying over the hospital and its workers. The workers could see all the cars in the parking lot and people flashing their lights or honking their horns. It moved me to tears to see people praying like that. Some people are getting social distancing, some aren't. Stores are more serious about it though with limiting how many come in and having signs to warn people to distance themselves. I'm glad you are still healthy; I feel for your poor mom. I hope your sister continues to recover to the best of her ability.

I got eggs, dyeing kits and vinegar for the grand kids to color eggs at their parents' house. Usually they came over and did it at our house in years past. I would make Easter baskets for them too but this year opted to just get a gift card to cover son's and family's Easter dinner and added on some money for them to get something for the kids for Easter whether they bought a pre made basket or put one together themselves.

Just got to keep praying!

betty

joeh said...

THere really aren't that many stupid people in the world, there aren't many leggo's left on the floor by grandkids...it just takes one to ruin your day.

Nurses to blame...WTH. Healthcare workers are real heroes in this thing; putting your health at risk is a big deal.

My wife knows all her phone numbers from when she was 10. I do know my cell number which is a bit of a miracle because I never call my self. Sometimes when asked I do have to stop and think a bit. I know my wife's number, it is "Call Karen."

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

It's good to hear from you, dear friend!

A crisis of this magnitude brings out the best in some people and, unfortunately, brings out the worst in others. It's bewildering that mistrust of our leaders, institutions and the media has resulted in a country in which we can no longer agree on what is real and what is fake. Even when we agree that something is real, such as this virus, there is widespread disagreement about what to do about it, which safety measures will be effective in combating it. Mankind needs to come together and work together. People need to stop being so self centered and be willing to sacrifice for the common good. That's how it was when you and I were young in the 20th century. If we don't stop squabbling, if we don't soon adopt a spirit of cooperation, I fear that we are on the road to extinction.

Praise to you, dear friend, for remaining at your post and doing your duty in service to the community. The same goes for son Jackie. The 9-11 terror attacks changed the way we live. Tightened security measures were implemented in airports and public buildings. For a few months, many people moaned about the inconvenience. Eventually most of them learned to adjust their attitudes and accept the new normal. Keep that in mind when some people are rude to you while others try to take things in stride and express gratitude for your assistance. I do hope this threat will subside sooner rather than later so that you can get over to Chicago and see your mother and sister. I pray for both to recover fully. I am sorry that you will not be having your annual family Easter egg hunt at The Pines and that you and Jack cannot attend church. Let the Creche inspire you, count your many blessings and stay well. Bless you, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

you have a lot to worry about and baking always helps me too. Easter is sad this year. WE all gather at our house about 30 of us. We have my daughter and family over night sat and the Easter bunny comes to my sweet B. It is such a joy for us. I have not had the energy to put any decorations out.
Stay safe
Cathy

jack69 said...

YEAH THERE ARE IDIOTS OUT THERE! I even have friends who buy into every conspiracy theory. They know I think it is crazy and all they will say to me is It will come out soon!!!
My answer is, Yeah I remember when you guys said Obama was going to declare martial law ans become a dictator. Their answer is, "That is still gonna happens, he heads the deep state you now!
My best to you at having to endure idiots.
Maybe not phone numbers, but we do remember our names, MOST OF THE TIME! The pies look good!
Sherry & jack down in NC.

Julia said...

Nurses, doctors and all those who work behind the scene to give care to patients with this Covid-19 are my heroes. So that makes you a hero in my sight.
Those pies look so tempting... but I've given up all the tasty food I like for Lent this year. I'm tempted to make some for Easter.

I feel sorry for the fools who are such idiots. Those who think the world revolves around them. They will soon learn their lesson.

Take care and stay healthy.
Sanitized hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Those pies are making me drool. I have to agree there are many stupid folks out there. Janice

Kathy said...

Thank you so much for all you do to keep people safe and healthy. My sister works in a hospital so I know what all the health care workers go through. Easter will certainly be different this year, but the meaning is the same. I love the little creche you got. I still have not decorated, but must get something out tomorrow.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

You can't cure stupid indeed! That is just awful. Our nurses have been instructed to change into street clothes before they leave work. I thought it was just to help prevent the spread, but now I see it's also to protect them from crazies. I myself am not a nurse, but my sister and a couple of family friends are. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your week as best you can.
Andrea

Job Pedro said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosu

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542