Sunday, September 8, 2019

Signs

The first week of September has come and gone and little signs are appearing that says the seasons are starting to make the change.  I like living in an area that has 4 seasons and I truly look forward to Fall the most. (Although the Spring, after a long Winter, can have me happy to be out playing in the dirt!) I know how many folks feel when Fall arrives because all they can think about is what's coming next.  Yep, I get it but I will still enjoy the cooler temps and the fun decor that comes with this season.  So what are the signs?  Well, even though it's still 2 weeks away the Fall festivals are popping up here and there.  The cute shops are having Fall open house to welcome the season.  I'm not a coffee drinker but I know pumpkin spice lattes are here too.  I snapped just a few pics of the little signs at the Pines:
The buckeye tree is starting to slowly have some orange peeping out.
The dogwoods are sporting red leaves here and there along with the red berries. (not pictured!)
We put in a fire in the pit and did pie iron dinner and dessert.  See all the dry grass in the pit?  This is the first fire we've had in a long time. The Spring was just too wet and the Summer just too hot so when the night temps have been in the 40's and 50's it was finally time to clean out the fire pit.
Rae is enjoying her pie! (Yep, it's just a bit on the "well done" side!)
She got hold of the camera and took this angled shot of her Dad and Paw Paw sitting around the fire.
It's still a bit early for pumpkins but the fake kind are showing up now...and they don't rot! Of course when it's October the real ones will make an appearance because we need them for our Thanksgiving pumpkin shoot!  So the signs are little but the cool air we had this week sure makes you feel like having a bowl of chili...which I made today...and watching the football season begin too. (Not me, I could really care less about football but some folks seem to enjoy it!)  September still has warm air to it and this week we're expecting it to reach into the 80's again. It's an up and down climate but that doesn't stop me from getting excited about the little signs...one final sign:
Arnie got a new do for the season...and the bow, thanks to the Barker Shop...topped it off.  Well, enjoy the signs in your neck of the woods!

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the trip around the area of Whispering Pines, Love the outside fire. And Arnie's 'do' is cool and looks great. Always nice to visit your area. I hope fall is good enough to get the satisfaction of the THIRD season. LOL
From NC,
Sherry & jack

Julia said...

I wish I was as enthusiastic as you to see the fall come so suddenly. I know the flowers are starting to look raggy but my old bones just don't do well in cold temperature. I like the idea of the fire in the fire-pit. We used to have big corn boils and would invite the whole neighborhood years ago. It was so much fun gathering around the fire with a huge pot of boiling corn on the cob. We used to know all our neighbors but things have changed over the years.

I love it when the colors change. It's my favorite time to travel. The beautiful trees in their new colors are breathtaking.
Enjoy the cooler temperatures.
HUgs, Julia

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Are you guys still basking in the afterglow of your 45th wedding anniversary? I hope so. I envy you being able to step outside your door, walk over to the Creepy Woods and see autumn splendor (and the Yeti watching the Ohio State game in his den). I hope you will continue to post pictures of the fall leaves around The Pines. We have a dead palm tree, so the brownish fronds are the only fall color we will be seeing. :) I like how you get excited over the fall season and cooler weather, and I am well aware that you love Halloween and Thanksgiving and decorating your house inside and out for those holidays.

Hello to Addy aka Addy Rae aka Rae aka Rae Rae. :) My goodness, that's the most stylish hairdo I have ever seen on a dog that wasn't entered in a competition. Arnie looks like he is still trying to decide if he likes it or not. If we put a bow on our Toto she'd be rolling around and gnawing at it trying to get it off her. She hated to look or smell "pretty." :)

Thanks for the weekly update, dear friend YaYa. I wish you and your family a safe and happy week ahead!

joeh said...

Fall always smells like football to me.

betty said...

Arnie is adorable! No signs of fall here, LOL. But at least there are a few days forecast in the high 90s as opposed to triple digits so maybe there is an end to sight! Enjoy fall in your neck of the woods.

betty

Kay G. said...

We have near record breaking heat here in Georgia. Still summer! Can't wait for it to cool down. That little dog is too cute. xx

gin said...

Good signs there! Arnie looks so handsome! I like a little bit of fall, it’s not my favorite. I do love the fall festival things. I did buy one of those popular tall wood porch signs today for our youngest son and his wife’s new house. It says harvest on one side and welcome on the other. They moved to the country and going farmhouse style. She has her pumpkins and mums out and I knew she would love to add this to it. So I’m in the fall mood I guess!