Saturday, August 31, 2019

45 Years...Holy Cow

I wish I was being amazed at being 45 years old, but I'm actually being amazed at being married for 45 years! And they thought it wouldn't last..ha! We showed them! (there might have been times when we didn't think it would either!)  But time has a way of moving quicker as the years go on.  We raised 4 boys,  worked (and are still working!), bought a home, sold a home, bought a home, took vacations across this fabulous land and trudged day to day through the mires of problems that many folks have. The ups have been fewer than the downs, thankfully. We love our family, church and church family and friends we've made over the years.  Jack and I met on a blind date and my advice to couples would be to keep a blind eye on the unimportant things and work together to correct, improve, or simply enjoy the very important things. Other than that I have no great advice on marriage longevity.  It's a crap shoot most times!  I like to laugh and find many things funny. Growing old does test my sense of humor, but frankly I rather smile than cry. (I wear mascara after all.)  So, Happy Anniversary Jack! Look on the bright side Babe..you won't have to go through 45 more, in this life anyway!  Glad we knocked it out of the park the first time! Love you!
Yes, it was a big fat semi Greek wedding!

9 comments:

Kay G. said...

Happy Anniversary! You only LOOK 45! If that!
Best wishes to you always.
LOVE !!!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy 45th anniversary to you and Jack! Fact: 45 years is as long as 100 Hollywood marriages laid end to end! :) I'm not going to accuse you of fibbing, but don't know how it is possible for you guys to be celebrating 45 years of marriage when you both look like you're still in your 30s! Is this what is known as "the new math"? It is an inspiring love story that you and Jack met on a blind date and that you stuck together through the ups and downs when nowadays couples call it quits practically after the first spat. Maintaining a sense of humor is key. You were a beautiful bride, Kathleen, and Jack a handsome groom. I'm all verklempt! Congratulations on reaching this milestone. I hope you can stay home all weekend and don't get summoned to work. God bless you both!

acorn hollow said...

happy Anniversary you two are cute as a button!You are right about the ups and downs oh boy have we had our share.
cathy

betty said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you!! Such a great accomplishment! I love the advice you gave on marriage, I think that's one of the best ones I have heard. You made a great looking couple then and now! I'd love to see a picture of your mom and dad from your wedding if you want to ever share pictures down the line. I bet your mom was drop down gorgeous then as she is now! Wishing you many more wonderful years together!! Better start planning what you might want to do when you reach 50 years!

betty

Julia said...

HAPPY, HAPPY 45th ANNIVERSARY. You make such a lovely couple together. You have sound advice and you both look younger than your years. I love your sence of humor and I wish you many good years of health and happiness together. Life isn't perfect and that's life... The ups and down makes life interesting, don't you think? Otherwise, we would all take life for granted.

Have a wonderful long weekend.
Hugs, Julia❤️


Rick Watson said...

Congratulations, you two. I’m happy for you.

jack69 said...

Aw, sweet lady! I loved this line:
So, Happy Anniversary Jack! ... Glad we knocked it out of the park the first time! Love you!
Happy Anniversary , you said it so well. Too many couples have never gotten it out of the park. Your post says a lot that WE know also. We have sixty some and still going. Love to you guys,
Sherry and jack, in Oak Ridge, TN

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Anniversary. 40 years is a long time, but when with the one you want to be with, the time sure does go by. Janice

Gin said...

Happy Anniversary!! You can say “it’s a wonderful life”!