Sunday, September 22, 2019

I'm Confused!

 Tomorrow is the first day of Fall...correct?  I was a bit worried when I walked into Walmart on Saturday.   I thought for sure I had somehow missed it.  Missed the rest of September, missed my favorite month of October.  Missed Halloween! Missed Thanksgiving! Why?
The candy canes are out...
Christmas trees are lining the shelves!  Santa was everywhere.  I didn't click a pic of him because I was too busy wondering where the Fall decor had gone.  I was relieved when I found a bin of clearance scarecrows, pillows and an isle of Halloween costumes being eagerly picked over by parents and kiddos.  But the real salvation came from M&M's:
Yes! I knew I hadn't really missed Fall...the candy isle had these babies still available...whew! I hope your last day of Summer was great and I'm sending out a "Happy Fall y'all!"   Enjoy some pretty leaves, candy apples, maybe a pumpkin or too in the next few weeks.  Just please don't buy a candy cane yet...thanks!

6 comments:

betty said...

Wow that is so interesting about your store! We still have the fall decorations and Halloween costumes and candy abounding but I do see they are clearing out an area for Christmas to descend upon us. Wal-Mart is doing lay away but that's something people have to get going sooner than later with their budget so I get that at least. I have seen a few houses here decorated for Halloween. Happy Fall to you too! Not buying any candy canes just yet LOL (if I even do).

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Merry Christmas, dear friend! :)

That's a gorgeous header picture of spectacular fall leaves, YaYa! I will assume it was taken at the edge of your property where the Yeti's old stomping ground, The Creepy Woods, begins.

Yessum, the merchants are rushing the seasons more and more as years go by. Women shop for spring clothing in the fall and fall clothing in the spring. I've seen Halloween items in stores ever since July, and many are now busy creating winter wonderlands filled with Christmas decorations. Don't be fooled, dear friend. Those Ghoul's Mix M&M's and costumes you found at Wal-mart are not clearance items left over for for this year's Halloween. They are brand new arrivals to the store. Wal-mart is getting the jump on H-ween 2020. :)

Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa, and let me be the first to wish you a happy Valentine's Day and Easter!

Julia said...

They go and spoil the magic of Autumn by introducing Christmas too soon. I'm not touching the candy canes for sure. I'm not a shopper and I'm becoming less materialistic lately, but like you, I saw some Christmas decorations at Michael's next to the Halloween decor. The stores are not making any money from me.
Enjoy the Autumn beauty.
Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

Amazing how the season's are rushed. I remember many years ago when Thanksgiving was sorta skipped we said, 'It won't be long until Christmas will be started in July!' Of course an exaggeration but you have pointed out, it seems to start earlier and earlier. I do love the header shot of fall leaves. We are seeing the maples start to turn beautifully here. But MERRY CHRISTMAS anyway.
Love the visit. THANKS
Sherry & jack

Prims By The Water said...

Hobby Lobby had Christmas out in July here. Always rushing the seasons. Janice

CHERI said...

Oh, I know!!!! Our WalMart has already begun putting out the Christmas stuff. And Hobby Lobby was recently full of it. I hate it!!! Why rush the seasons so much? Life goes by fast enough without trying to push Christmas on us before fall has even fell!!! (poor grammar, I know) I do like to begin Christmas shopping early but that's entirely different! For now, I'll just enjoy the Halloween candy!!!