Wednesday, September 11, 2019

This Day As Usual

Many bloggers have posted this week about 9/11.  I looked back at my posts from previous years to see if I had posted about this historic day. Yes, I did a few posts about it in the past. This day I woke up and prepared for work as usual. Jack and I went about our routine and headed out...Jack to his office, me to the hospital. Arriving at work I was met with the usual craziness that can make up an operating room and it's schedule.  Emergency cases, moving Docs and changing rooms and assignments...just the usual. We got it done with patients never knowing there were any issues.  On my way home from work I kept going back to 9/11/2001.  I thought about the people who got up and did their usual routine of getting ready for work, getting families ready for work or school. Thinking about the way their day would go, perhaps what they would have for dinner, or what bills needed to be paid. You know, the usual.  Arriving at work and doing what they do every day at the World Trade Center, or boarding a plane for a business trip or a pleasure destination. You know, the usual. The sun was shining on that perfectly beautiful September morning with crystal clear blue skies.  Folks expecting just the usual day.  From that day forward it was never again going to be just as usual for the 3000 plus people who died and their families and our country.  Everything about travel, safety, security and many other issues were no longer just the usual.  We should never forget how we felt that day.  We need to remember how blessed we are to live in this wonderful country with all it's perfect imperfections.  We need to honor the heroics of the first responders and the bravery of the folks on those planes.  Maybe we need to be better citizens, nicer neighbors, stronger families, kinder in all ways.  We should always remember this day...and that's my prayer for this day, as usual, for 9/11.

6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Eighteen years have gone by in a flash, and yet many of us have vivid memories of that dark day, a day that that started out sunny and bright.

<< Maybe we need to be better citizens, nicer neighbors, stronger families, kinder in all ways. >>

Nicely expressed, dear friend. Thank you very much for sharing your memories of 9-11 and words of wisdom and hope.

betty said...

Amen; you expressed this very well!

betty

Julia said...

A beautiful post. I feel the same as you. 9/11 affected us all, even to this day, even us Canadians. Travelling has never been the same carefree activity we once enjoyed. The first responders are our heroes. Let us not forget them.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Yes we need to remember all those who passed both in planes and at the towers. So sad for our country that day. Janice

jack69 said...

It has been said many ways, I loved this one. Thanks for taking us to work with you! We will remember, we also will remember and know the USA is resilient. We remember, we honor and we do come back.
Love it lady, THANKS,
Sherry & jack

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Very well said Yaya. It wasn't my city or even my country, but the atrocities committed that day shook the entire world. I will never let myself forget how I felt, how my heart went out to the people who died and to those who lost their loved ones, and to those who had to watch, so helplessly, as their beloved home was attacked. The world is most often a wonderful and beautiful place to be, and it's remembering days like 9/11 that keep us grateful for the peace and freedom that so many people keep fighting for.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Andrea