Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April..Finally!


I was happy to flip the calendar to a new month.  April will hopefully bring in Spring weather.  The snow from the previous post has melted and today was sunny and 56de.  The daffodils are up and almost ready to bloom.  Easter is on the horizon and I'm planning my menu and activities.  However, we had a little holiday on Monday that had folks getting pranked.   One of my co-workers brought in this for the staff:
Maybe it's the same where you work or had worked...food like this is always a hit.  But when the box was opened:
A few of the Docs were very disappointed.  (Ok, many of the nurses were too!)  Yes, doctors should push for healthy foods, but believe me most will practically kill for a doughnut.   If that box had been doughnuts it would  have been empty by 10am. Most of the veggies were still there when I left at 3pm.   Go figure.  Hope your April Fools' day was fun!

5 comments:

betty said...

I love the April Fool's joke! I told my hubby about it. He too loved it. He said if he is working next year, he's going to pull it on his crew!

I worked for a heart surgeon years ago whose favorite thing to eat was tuna fish sandwiches and frozen Twinkies. Thin as a rail he was.

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Have you and the grandkiddos taken dips in the backyard pool yet? :) I think spring is definitely ready to assert itself in Ohio. It's hot as blazes down here. That April Fools' gag is a great one, but it was also an act of kindness. As a closet vegetarian I would have been excited and delighted to encounter veggies in the box rather than those nasty, artery clogging doughnuts. Had I been there, the veggies would have been devoured in no time. I forgot to wish you a happy Fasnacht Day last month. Did you ever eat those friend German doughnuts made in my old stomping ground, the Pennsylvania Dutch counties of Central PA? Fasnachts are the focus of an annual march celebration in the region.

Thanks for the smiles and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

We are getting ready for our big easter gathering too. OH donuts how I love good donuts but I would be happy with the veggies too.
Cathy

Julia said...

That's my kind of April Fool prank. I rarely eat sweets anymore but the veggies are my kind of snack food. Don't get me wrong. I love sweets but I stay away from them most of the time because most of them have some kind of soy by-products in them. We got your snow storm yesterday but today is nice and sunny and a bit windy.
Hugs, Julia

Rick Watson said...

That was harsh :)