Sunday, March 31, 2019

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

When I wrote my first post of March I said March came in like a goat...not horrible but not lambish, (Lambish is not a word..just in case you're wondering)  Well, March is not leaving lambish either.  Not sure what I'd call it.  Yesterday it was in the 50's and rained all day.  We woke up to this today:
Winter wonderland...
Pretty, yes?  Icy under that snow? Yes.  But the roads cleared fairly quick and although it snowed off and on all day, it wasn't too bad.  Tomorrow will be in the 40's and sunny and all this will be just good blog worthy weather reporting.
Of course tomorrow is April 1st...maybe Mother Nature will fool us again.  This afternoon Jack called me up from my comfy place in the basement family room to show me we had visitors.
Oh deer...they were munching on some green grass they found near the pine trees.
When I spotted this one nibbling on the blueberry bushes I smacked my hand on the window and they moved on.
Yes deer...I mean YOU!  You need to lay off the berry bushes and head to the creepy woods! In other activities of the weekend, Jack and I went up to Akron to a place called "The Tangiers". If you're from Ohio you've probably heard of it or been there for the many entertainers or perhaps a wedding reception.   It's been in operation since 1948 and has hosted singers and entertainers like  Tina Turner, Chubby Checker, James Brown, Jerry Lee Lewis and many others.  As we walked down the hall to the ballroom where our event was happening, the walls were lined with the famous from over the years.
It has a very "old world" appearance.  I kept thinking the Godfather would walk by any minute.
Not this Godfather!
It's fun to look at all the photos and billboards.  We had a fun time with friends and enjoyed the food, music and dancing.  In another room there was a "Pink Floyd" tribute band!  I don't think we would have fit in too well there! Even though we didn't have the best weather this weekend we had a good couple of days to have fun and rest up for this week.  We even had the kids over today for a birthday celebration for our youngest son, Jordan.  His birthday is Tuesday and he'll be 35....holy cow time flies! I took no pics however since I was busy with food prep and just sitting and enjoying the company.  It was a full day and now my hot cocoa is gone and Arnie is snoring at my feet so I guess it's time to head to bed. Have a good Monday everyone!
The End


8 comments:

joeh said...

I love deer, but then we don't have any berry bushes.

betty said...

What great visitors with the deer! I liked the March snows when we lived in Montana. They never stuck around too long (well the first year we were there it snowed 10 inches on my son's birthday the first part of the month, but otherwise they didn't stick around much). We were 80 degrees today. Such a contrast!


betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

You're kidding! More snow? Why don't you confess that those pictures you posted were actually taken in Norway during the great blizzard of 1868? :) The snow may come, but it melts away quickly at this time of year, and soon the green grass will be exposed and growing vigorously... to the delight of that deer herd. Your camera is getting marvelous shots of wildlife and nature in general. What a plus it is to have for your blogging.

You guys were lucky to be able to visit The Tangiers. That hallway does have an old world look, and I am sure it was fascinating to view the posters of famous entertainers who performed there. I see Lou Rawls was there, too.

Happy birthday to Jord. I am sure his old buddy Eddy sends his wishes from heaven. Happy April Fools' Day, too! Christmas will be here soon! Have a great week, dear friend YaYa!

Rick Watson said...

It felt cold enough to snow here but it didn’t.
We’re going to Gainesville, Fla in a few weeks. That should be fun.
The deer haven’t been in the blueberries yet but we’ll keep an eye on them.
R

Kathy said...

You had snow and we got up to 75*. It's colder today though. Down in the 40s. We don't have deer around here and I think I'd be afraid if we did. They are so big and our yards are so small. My sister has four deer who visit her on a regular basis at her house, but she is in the country.

Julia said...

Happy Fools Day Yaya. I hope no one was able to fool you today and that your snow is all gone by now... Ours is going down rapidly right now and I'm seeing large patches dormant grass in the yard and today, the river is starting to open up in front of our place. We have had some nice warm weather and a bit of rain.

I hope the deers will leave your blueberry bushes alone. I've ordered 8 blueberry bushes and I hope I won't have that problem. We have a few deers in the area and when my son's dog was alive, they kept their distance from the gardens but I may have problems this spring.

I bet you're a good dancer. It's one way to keep nimble.
Take care, Hugs, Julia

Susan Kane said...

Deers always were a nuisance on the farm. In November they boast of hosting celebrities for bow hunting.

What an amazing "castle" you explored.

acorn hollow said...

We have had the deer come out and yes they are destroying our bushes. Happy birthday to your son! We had snow this morning the roads were very slick this am. Now we are cold and will go to the 20's tonight. I am ready for spring.
Cathy