Sunday, March 24, 2019

March Madness...Not Really That Crazy Around Here.

A few weeks ago...my birthday week...I was hit with the crud.  I don't think it was the actual flu and frankly it doesn't matter.  It was not a fun week.  Well, I got hit with a portion of it again this week.  I think I mentioned I'm hardly ever sick with colds or flu so now I can't say that anymore...until at least a few years pass!  This time around I went to work, wore a mask and tried not to contaminate anyone. We're short staffed so staying home wasn't an option.  Today I'm feeling much better but I can tell you that having a runny nose is the worst thing for surgical nurse.  Wearing a mask is great but there's no way to blow that runny nose.  Draw your own conclusions.  But life goes on and this is what was happening in our world:
New carpet.  I know it's a stupid pic and you can't really even see the color.  I like it, it smells very new and the only reason I mention it is because when I try and remember how old the carpet is I can look back at my blog and say: "It was March of 2019!"  That's the reason I mention the redone front porch, the new outbuilding, new furnace, new roof, etc...when we go to sell one day I have the dates on record! This carpet has a 30yr warranty...it will out live me!
Arnie's not that impressed.
We put Spring flowers at the cemetery.  Saturday the temps were 50de and sunny and it felt like Spring.  Last night there was a possibility of seeing the northern lights here in Ohio.  We went outside a few times until we hit the hay and no luck.  I remember seeing them here many years ago and hoped to catch a glimpse and photo.  Not this time!
I have a friend at work that makes wreaths and I like this one.  Yep, we've rescued a couple of dogs and they all were the best...we miss our little Chubbs and we have good memories of Ferris the wonder dog. Arnie is a good guy too with his own crazy personality!  Adopt, don't shop.  Many animals in shelters need a "furever" home.
Today I got some granola that the kids in my Sunday school class were selling for a fund raiser.  This is an Ashland company started by a stay at home Mom.  Truthfully I'm not that fond of it but many folks think it's really good.  I applaud anyone who runs a small, successful business.  I also try and help out with fund raisers.  If you come across this in your store try it and maybe you'll love it.  Read the back page:
Crazy Monkey Baking Company.  You never know what will be a winner in business!  That's all I've got.  Tomorrow starts the last week of March.  The folks out East and many in the middle of the country are hoping this Winter weather is over and Spring will finally arrive.  I saw some of my daffodils poking up through the ground.  I'm ready!

6 comments:

joeh said...

I wouldn't want to live another 30 years if people were just going to walk all over me.

You have the worst job in the world to have a cold, glad you are better.

betty said...

I do like the new carpet and I spotted it immediately before I even read that you had it installed. I remember when we moved here 3 years ago and got a new roof with a 25 year guarantee and saying to myself "this is probably the last roof I'll be putting on a place." It is sobering. Glad you are feeling better. That would be hard to be wearing a mask involved with surgery and wanting to blow your nose. I too try to participate in fund raisers. I like the unique ones raffle tickets (not that I win) or the one recently with step grand daughter with some type of pastry they were selling. We finally got around to making what we bought a few months back and it was delicious So delicious we had to send leftovers home with them so we would not be tempted to keep eating it all.

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm happy to know spring is gaining a foothold in Ohio and daffodils are poking through the ground. I always looked forward to the first sprouts of daffodils and tulips around the foundation of our York house to signal the coming of spring. If I recall they grow rapidly and will be blossoming soon.

It's strange how the color of your new carpet looks blue in the first picture and plum taupe in the second picture. Maybe that's why Arnie looks puzzled. :) Pets often do not like the smell of new carpeting and furnishings the way we do, and maybe that's part of it, too. If Arnie is anything like my Toto, he prefers the scent of day old raccoon poop. :) That wreath is beautiful and bears a valuable reminder about all the animals waiting for someone to adopt and love them. I never heard of Crazy Monkey Baking. I don't think stores down here carry their products, but maybe that's because I don't shop for cookies. As it happens I am going to the supermarket this morning and I will look for them. We do have Snyder's Pretzels and Wege Pretzels of Hanover, PA, in our Florida stores.

Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

So sorry the curd got you again it has made the rounds here a couple of times. And never tested positive for flu.
We got mostly rain in our area but north of us got a foot or more of snow.
Have a great week we are in for some warmer weather.
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

I can’t imagine the logistics of a surgical masks and a runny nose :(
I agree about the rescues. That’s all we have ever owned.
The new carpet looks lush.
Happy spring.

Julia said...

I think that you're working too hard and that your immune system is wearing down. I hope that you won't get sick again. I can't imagine having a runny nose with a surgical mask on, but you're my hero.

We only have had rescued dogs and cats but at my age, I've decided that I don't want to be tied down with pets anymore.
I'm glad that you are loving your new carpet but although a carpet is plush underfoot, I still prefer hardwood floors and I've never regretted not replacing my wall to wall carpet, hardwood floors are a breeze to clean.

Hugs, Julia