Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Weekend

This day is almost over and I find myself hurrying to get a post in before I hit the hay.  I feel like I've been on the run all week with a crazy work schedule and getting ready to host about 15 for Easter dinner.  On top of that, a our good friend's daughter was getting married on Friday at the Columbus, Ohio Temple.   We fought the rain and traffic but had a lovely morning in the Temple with this sweet young couple.  That same afternoon we trooped over to the reception hall and helped decorate for their reception on Saturday.  Saturday morning was filled with shopping and preparing for Easter Sunday and then we had the reception in the afternoon. 
Congrats Kayla and Sterling!   We  had a great time and we wish them well.   Sunday we had family over after Church to celebrate my favorite holiday.  I love this time of  year and I love Easter.  I found this old family pic of my siblings and I from an Easter many years ago.
I love how my sister Midge has her arm around my little brother James...we need to reenact this one! Of course it's missing my youngest brother, Rick.  I don't think he was born yet.  We could let him in a renewal pic though!   Our Easter celebration today was filled with all the usual things we do but love none the less.  After dinner all the kiddos went outdoors for the traditional egg hunt. 
Rae heading toward the creek.
Cameron staying closer to the house.  He was the first one finished!
Lexi making her usual leap to the high branches but it was an egg Rae spotted but couldn't reach.  It took Lexi the longest to find her eggs today.
Checking out the loot they found.  The littlest kiddo in this pic is Lex and Rae's little half sibling that we whole love...Aria.  Their Mom and future step dad came today too.  Even though my son Phil and their Mom are divorced, everyone gets along great and at our home all are welcome.  Maybe strange to some but it works....happiness is all that really matters when it come to kids.
Summer and Brett and little Happy always make us smile.  Summer graduates in 2 weeks from Ashland University...she's super ready to be done and get on with her life!
Evelyn and Jackie...they just got back from Vacation and I was happy they could all make it.  Anthony was here too and Jordan and Phil but I didn't get pics of them...can't believe I missed those characters!  So I'll end with these 2 weirdos:
Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

betty said...

Happy Easter! Loved all the pictures! Sure looked like you were busy but enjoying it all! We have a bit of family dynamics that people would think are unusual too, but it works and it is good for the kids and that I think is crucial for their well being. Do the kids on the egg hunt have different colors of eggs they find that make the eggs their own?

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Looks like your family had a wonderful Easter, dear friend. Congratulations to Kayla and Sterling as they begin married life together. I love when you post old family pictures and this one of you and your siblings is special. I picked you out in an instant because I know that face and that award winning smile. In the vintage photo you come across as confident, capable and ready to take your place in society and make a big contribution, and that you did, providing valuable service to your community as a dedicated healthcare professional all these many years. I applaud you.

That egg hunt looks like fun and it looks like you had fine weather for it. People always look down as they search for things, and they need to remember to look up, too. For a minute I thought Addy Rae was heading into the Creepy Woods to take Easter brunch to the Yeti. I am happy to see pictures of Rae, Lexi, Cam, little Aria, Summer, Brett, Happy, Evelyn (my mother's name and Mrs. Shady's mother's name) and Jackie. Last but not least, you got someone to take a great picture of you and Jack to mark the occasion. What a blessing it is to have these pictures of your family as they grow and change through the years.

Happy Easter, dear friend YaYa, and have a terrific week ahead!

acorn hollow said...

looks like a wonderful day! happy Easter to you too. I was to tired to post last night hopefully tonight I will.
cathy

Julia said...

Happy Easter Yaya. It looks like a wonderful Easter celebration. We have been flooded again this year so we spent our Easter celebrating by ourselves as we are surrounded by water but luckily we still have electricity. That's a great picture of you and Jack.

PS. Can you believe I bought some carrots seeds named after you? Yes, they are called Yaya, lol. I have great expectations for my carrots this year, lol...
Take care, hugs, Julia

Gin said...

Wonderful family pictures. Congrats to the newly weds. You are such a great hostess!

CHERI said...

Looks like you and yours had a very happy Easter. After cooking all day on Sat., teaching Sunday School followed by church on Sunday, I had my son, DIL, and 2 grands for dinner. Then we had our annual egg hunt in the backyard. My grands are now 16 and almost 13 so the eggs got filled with money!!!! The 16 yr. old is now doing whatever to store up money for gas!!! This is such a busy, busy time of the year for me even though I'm retired. I thought retirement meant you slowed down!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful week.