Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I Went To Prison

Yes, I was in prison this week and last week.  Mansfield Correctional Institution...Manci for short...has a program called:  Manci Cell Dogs.  Google it and you'll come to their facebook page and it explains the program.  The Reader's Digest version is this: They take dogs from shelters and have the prisoners train them to be re-homed.   It gives the dogs a second chance for a good life and it helps the prisoners in many, many ways.   We really weren't looking for another dog after Chubbs passed on, but a friend who got a dog from this program had me hooked when I looked at the page.  I found a sweet face named Londyn.  She was a puppy mill dog from an Amish farm.  She's very scared and skittish of humans since she was kept in a cage her whole 5yrs of life.  Hopefully she'll become more at home here at the Pines.  It will take time and patience but she's very sweet and obedient.   We've changed her name to Zoe since she doesn't answer to her old name anyway.
Such a sad face...and my greatest joy will be to see her tail wag one day.  Welcome sweet girl!  In other news  we have quit complaining about our nonexistent Spring.  Today is the 100th day of January.  Snow was flying yesterday but in true Ohio fashion it's going to be 70 on Friday..maybe then we can move into Spring!   One other crazy event happened that really has me believing in the power of prayer.
I lost my Fitbit on Saturday.  I couldn't find it anywhere in the house so I realized it had to be in the Creepy Woods.  We were up there riding around in the gator trying out Jack's new tires.
Pretty aren't they?  Anyway, I decided it was a lost cause.  I mean, seriously, looking for a needle in a  haystack kind of moment:
Sunday afternoon I took a walk in the woods with my camera like I always do.  I said a little prayer about finding the Fitbit.  Then I thought to myself, why would God care about a stupid Fitbit?   I turned around to head back when I looked down and saw this:
I had to click a pic because I'm sure nobody would believe me.  I was tempted to pray quickly about a few other things since He must have been listening at that moment but said thanks instead and moved on.  Yep, be a believer or not but I'll take any prayer answers whenever they are given!  Hope your week has many crazy moments and answers to prayers! 

6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

Oh, happy day! Congratulations to you and Jack for opening your door and your hearts to another deserving and underprivileged dog! I applaud you for adopting a dog from the prison training program. Zoe is a cutey pie. With a little TLC from you, Jack and the grandkiddos, I'm sure her bad memories and shyness will soon fade away and she will become part of the family at the Pines. Your home cookin' alone should bring her around in no time, and the Yeti in the Creepy Woods can take Zoe under his wing and serve as a mentor.

That is an inspiring story about the power of prayer - losing your Fitbit in the woods, praying to find it, and then spotting it among the leaves on the ground. Just think, YaYa. This week your prayers were answered... and so were little Zoe's.

God bless you, dear friend!

acorn hollow said...

congrats on your new baby I am sure she will settle in just fine with you.
we are deep in the January weather and 60's by Friday.
have a great week
Cathy

joeh said...

Dogs recover and respond to love very quickly. Zoe will be wagging that tail soon.

gin said...

Zoe is precious! I know she will be loving you, Jack and her new home in no time. I love answered prayers. Maybe a prayer for spring with no more snow will be answered for the Pines. Can't wait for more Zoe news.

Julia said...

Congratulations on your new family member and I wish you good luck with that poor little girl. I can't imagine having such a sweet dog caged up all her life like that. I'm sending her my love. I know she will blossom with your and Jack's love and care.

I believe in the power of prayer. When I lose an object, I pray to St Antoine De Padua, the patron Saint of lost object and more often than not, after praying to him, I find the object within 5 minutes. On rare occasions, my prayer goes unanswered then I know there's a reason I can't find the object.

Sorry if January is back, I just posted on my blog about signs of spring. The Robins are back and so are the Canada Geese.
Hang in there.
Hugs, Julia

Anonymous said...

What a sweet precious little furbaby you have welcomed into your home and heart. She does have a sad face but I am sure she will be happy soon with all the love I am sure you will shower upon her. What a blessing you have found your fitbit. God cares about the details.


Erika