Monday, March 27, 2017

A Quick Trip

We  had planned many months ago to go to Portland, Oregon to visit Craig and family this week,  but his work schedule had us changing those trip plans to August.  I adjusted my work schedule too but kept a few days to head out this past weekend and see Mom and my sister.   Jack and I jumped in his little Jeep and we drove to the big city.  We even took a different route off the turnpike for something new to see!  However, no matter how you paint northern Ohio and Indiana it comes out flat, farm land and not too much to write or blog about!  But seeing family was fun and we didn't have anything huge planned to do....just hang out and visit. My Great-niece, Brooke, stayed at Mom's too and was given a cooking lesson on how to make bread and Greek pastry.
The bread and pastry came out perfect and it was fun having the kitchen full of YiaYias! (Grandmas of all ages!)
   
We make a mess but Mom's right there with us helping to clean up. 90's the new 70 I think!  The weather wasn't the best.  On Friday it was great...80 and sunny believe it or not!  But Saturday dawned very rainy and only 40 degrees.  We were going to do something outdoor but changed to going to a movie instead.  We decided to go see "Beauty and the Beast".  My other Great-niece, Ella, joined us all ready in her princess outfit!
Check out those boots!  The movie was good but it was in an IMAX theater and holy smokes it was LOUD!  Poor Mom had to take out a hearing aide and I was wishing for some earplugs!  But the girls enjoyed it.  Ella actually fell asleep in the middle and when we asked her how she could sleep through all that loud singing she just said "Because I was tired!"  Well, duh to us I guess!  We left this morning and made it back to the Pines safe and sound and Chubbs was happy to see us. Jordan took good care of him for us this weekend.  Thanks Jord!
The daffodils were happy to see us too!  Spring is slowing happening here....I hope it's happening in your neck of the woods!

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

First of all, I admire your red sunset header there. It's awesome! Second, I knew you were making this trip to Chicago and I am happy to know you have returned home safe and sound. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate fully this time, but seems like you found ways to have fun. Your dear mother absolutely never changes from one year to the next. In her case, 90 is the new 40! I went to movies at IMAX theaters in recent years and I agree they blast the sound too loud. I needed to tear apart pieces of a facial tissue I had in my pocket and make earplugs out of them to withstand 2+ hours of that noise. I believe Jord enjoyed having a dog's company again and I'm happy to know that Chubbsie was well taken care of and excited to see you when you walked back through the door.

I wish you and your family a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

It is always nice to see family. Your niece is cute.
Cathy

betty said...

I've said it before, but your mom looks remarkable for her age!! Sounds like a wonderful visit!

betty

Julia said...

I'm so glad you went to visit your mom and I bet she was glad to see you too. She looks amazing and so full of zest for life, teaching her culinary skills to the young girls. I wish I lived closer, I could learn a lot from her. I so love to eat Greek cooking. I would do all the cleaning up.
I'm so envious of your weather, my daffodils are still buried under the snow. It's been snowing here yesterday and again today.
I'm still waiting to see my first Robin, sigh. I saw some tulip and daffodils poking out of the ground in a sheltered area by the south side of the house but everything else is covered with ice and snow. I need to learn to be patient.
Take care, hugs
Julia

Rick Watson said...

That visit will be something that child will always remember.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

It is so nice to see a fresh pic of your mom. God bless her.

Here in New York, no sign of spring time yet. Sigh. I am hopeful though.

Take care of yourself.

Kay G. said...

I couldn't watch one of those IMAX movies! Why I find even a regular movie too loud, but I think I might have some kind of sensory problems. I often cover my ears when no one else does so!
Your Mom looks great!
xx