Tuesday, February 16, 2016

No Complaints!

When works gets an overload of staff instead of cases they ask us to take a "low census" day.   We keep a list and who's ever next gets it.  Today was my day and I was glad when I woke up...later than usual, thank you very much...and saw we had about 4in of new white snow on the ground.
It coated the trees and made it look magical.
Front looking just as lovely.  Over the weekend we had super cold temps that had us staying close to home.  The bird feeder got lots of visitors.
Click on the pic and see his treat!  You can tell we've had a much milder Winter since I'm not complaining as much about the occasional cold snap or snow fall.  However, I am happy that this month is half over and soon March will bring in Spring and Easter.
In the mean time, I do hope your Valentines Day was filled with lots of love...I know mine was!

11 comments:

betty said...

What a great gift you got for today :) Getting to sleep in a bit and then not having to go out if you don't choose too :) Looks pretty though :) Enjoy the day!

betty

Julia said...

I'm glad that you had a day off today and slept in this morning. I woke up to two inches of of fresh snow overnight and went to the barn with my minivan and when I came out my car was coated in a sheet of ice and the main roads were very slippery. It's finally warmer after a few very cold days and I'm ready for Spring.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs
JB

Sweet Tea said...

I'd say your "day" came at the perfect time. Woo! Hoo!
That's a nice looking bird feeder!!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

Those are spectacular pictures of the white stuff coating the trees on your property. Lucky you for having a low census day and not having to plow your way through all that to get to work. Bless you for helping the wild birds through the winter. When I was a boy my dad used to put suet cakes out for the birds and we'd watch them through the window and occasionally take pictures. I'm very happy to learn that you and Jack had a wonderful V-day!

Please give Chubbs and pat and a biscuit and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

There is nothing better than being home on a cold snowy day glad yours fell just right.
Cathy

selvageedge said...

Kinda crazy getting our first school snow day in mid-February, but I'm not complaining either. :)

Laurie said...

Lovely views of your snow!

Haddock said...

Lovely pictures especially the bird feeder one.

Karen Whittal said...

So wish we got some snow over here, it looks stunning and cold, would so suit me right now. How blessed you are to have such awesome views

Stacy said...

Nothing better than sleep in on a weekday. No a days 6:30 and later are sleeping in for us.

Susan Anderson said...

You're right. It does look magical!
Hope you had a fun day!!

=)