Sunday, March 17, 2024

Luck Of The Irish!

 Well, I can't say I have the luck of the Irish since no Irish blood flows in my veins but I think it's grand that this day is celebrated with gusto!  I did win $2 on a lottery scratch off.  Does that count?  I also made some corned beef and cabbage today but forgot to take a pic..oh well I still have some pics to share.  Spring is on Tuesday which just happens to be my sister's birthday and I'll be heading out tomorrow for a visit.  I know I'll have some photos to share when I get home.  Speaking of Spring, my yard looks like someone came and put bouquets of daffodils all over!






A few crocus thrown in for variety!  I picked a few today while it was snowing!  I know they don't last long after being cut but I'll enjoy them for the short term.  The other day I was walking Annabelle and our neighbor's alpaca were enjoying the nice day.  The baby, little Beano, and Annabelle had a moment:
When they actually touched noses they scared each other and jumped up a mile!  It was pretty cute to see. Well, not much else going on as I'm packing up and heading out to Chicago tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather will be good.  Annabelle is staying home with Jack because my sister's new pup, Flynn, is a bit too playful for her.  So wish me the luck of the Irish for safe travels and a good week with Midge.
Heading into the sunset!











4 comments:

jack69 said...

YES the $2 win is better than i did. LOL
It is good when your pets can have company and agree some. LOL
I am not sure if sherry has ever fixed Corn beef and cabbage on St. Pat's day.
Yes spring is here and I hope this short winter they are warning about doesn't effect you guys!
Love from a cool Florida

Deb J. in Utah said...

Have a great trip to Chicago! Enjoy your visit. Looks like spring has come to Whispering Pines. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well by now you are on your way to the Windy City if you have not already arrived, but I nonetheless wish you safe travels there, back and in between. Enjoy your time with Midge! You have a lot of daffodils! My are poking through the ground but have a long way to go to blooming. They got ahead of themselves I think with several warm days last week but now we're back to cold, wind, and snow. That little alpaca is adorable! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Maybe Annabelle has a new friend. Too cute. No dafs here yet and we are on tap for more snow tomorrow. Janice