Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Chaos

 I'm not one fond of chaos.  I don't love drama in life and want smooth sailing whenever possible.  I do notice that some folks thrive on drama and chaos.  There must be some adrenalin rush for them.  Now I'm not saying I want boring...at least not every day!  However, we're doing projects around the house that have lead to some chaos in my book.  Speaking of books:

My dining room table and any other flat surface is covered in books for  now.  One of my projects is repainting the living room along with the bookshelves that surround the fireplace.
Everything has to be taken down, wiped clean, and taken apart to get ready for the paint job.  I know I'll be happy when it's done but I sure hate all the "stuff'"  laying around.  Plus I have to go through all the books that will be either donated, kept, or...gulp...tossed out.   I love books and frankly have collected way too many.  So it's a good time to downsize and have that chore out of the way.   Then there is the painting part.  The cabinets are a cream color but soon they will be white.  The walls that were supposed to be gray years ago when we painted them are going green.  The gray paint always looked blue.  
Swatches of color to see how it will look in different light.  The dark shade will be on one wall only and behind the bookshelves.  The light color will be on the other walls.  Final pics when all done and fingers crossed that I'll like it and it  will look good.  Time will tell!  Speaking of time, Jack turned the big 70 last Friday.  Now he can't say he sleeps with an older woman!  (I guess I'll always be those 6mos older though)  It was also Annabelle's birthday too!
9 years young!  We've had her. a year and a half but she feels like a member of the family that's always been here.  Love that sweet pup!  One final celebration this month is tomorrow when Jack and I celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary.  To celebrate I'll be working and so will he! Ha!  We're taking a little trip to Salem, MA, and Maine in September but Jack is doing that for me because I've talked about going there forever!  Not really in his wheelhouse but he's always up for an adventure! So good bye to August and on to my favorite months ahead.  With Fall like temps today, in the 60's it's easy to get into the Autumn mode.  But temps will rise this weekend and next week 90 will be the order of the day.  Oh well, it is still Summer!  Have a good rest of the week!


6 comments:

Kay G. said...

Oh come to my house and help me get rid of books, my friend! And you can also paint a room for me too! Happy Birthday to Jack, 70 is the new 50! Tell yourself that too! xx

Prims By The Water said...

Happy birthday to Jack. Happy Anniversary to you both. Happy birthday to Annabelle. I have always wanted to go to Salem during October. My one friend use to go when they some kind of witch fair. She loved it. Good luck with the chaos. I still have my ack room a mess and threatened Bo this morning that it better be done for Christmas. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, your chaos looks quite organized in my "book." (Sorry...couldn't resist.) That's a lot of celebrations!! Happy Birthday wishes to Jack and Annabelle and Happy Anniversary! That quite the accomplishment. I know it is wrong to envy, but oh how I envy your trip to Salem. It is one place I have wanted to go to as long as I can remember. I just can't seem to find a travel partner. Take lots and lots of photos to share with us! ~Robin~

jack69 said...

Forty-nine years, that is great, yes it can last forever.
I married an older woman too, Jack & I have several things in common. ;-). If you kids keep it up you will enjoy each other many more years.
I understand the feelings of chaos, I like things in their place but yep we tend to move stuff to the nearest flat surface and it does collect when you are painting. I just finished putting close to 10 gallons on the basement walls next door. But I didn't have to move anything, and that makes all the difference....
The best to you on your project and be good to that young man you sleep with. ;-)

jack & Sherry watching the rain....

Julia said...

Your chaos does look organized. It's surprising how a fresh coat of paint brightens up a room.
Happy Belated Birthday to Jack and Annabelle and Happy Anniversary. So you sleep with a younger man, lol... It almost sounds like you're a Cougar.

Hugs,
Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! You have a big project going on. Good for you. We have way too many books too, even though I donated many, I need to keep the paring down momentum going. I hope you will post pictures when your project is finished. I am sure it will look great! Happy Birthday to Jack and Happy Anniversary to you both!