Saturday, August 19, 2023

Life's A Beach

 Jack and I don't head to a beach very often.  Sand and sun are not his favorite things and even though we've traveled a fair amount in our lives we seldom spend time in the sand.  However, we went up to Lake Erie yesterday to meet with some of Jack's high school classmates at the lake house of one of his friends.  It was a picture perfect day here in Ohio.  Not humid at all, 72de, and sunny with a fantastic lake breeze to enjoy.  Jack and his classmates meet once a month for lunch and meeting for lunch at the lake was something they did last year that we weren't able to attend.  I'm glad we could this year.  Tom, who was our host, provided a boat load...literally...of fresh, fried on the spot, walleye fish and we all brought sides and desserts to share.  So much good food! Here's just a few pics of our day.

Beautiful deck across from the house gives beach access and a wonderful place to gather and eat.

Food and drink were set up on the sidewalk in front of the deck.  This just shows a little of the spread provided!
Some of the gang sitting and enjoying the relaxing sound of the waves and catching up with friends.
Catching Jack in actual sun! 
We couldn't have asked for a better day. Beautiful beach!
I took a stroll down the beach.  Can you see Cedar Point amusement park in the distance? 
No sea shells at this beach, just rocks that have been tumbled smooth. I like to find the ones that look like hearts.  I did find a few interesting ones.  It was a fun day to get a way and do something different. Jack's classmates are all really fun to hang with and I have to smile because I swear, most of the gals are named either Kathy (with a K) or Deb! That's the 50's for you!  Well, enjoy the fleeting days of August. This month has only a week and a half before it's September.  With the cool day yesterday and even cooler night I have a feeling Fall will be here before we know it.  Have a good weekend everyone!



7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a lovely property and it sounds like a picture perfect day. That is very impressive that Jack and his classmates still get together so regularly. I attended a (very informal) class reunion a few weeks ago and it was very odd to me. Everyone had changed so much...including me. Summer has returned this weekend...humid and high in the upper 80's. Such a roller coaster when just the other morning we were in the 40's. Enjoy what's left of your weekend Kathy - and of August. ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a nice day at the beach with friends. We are still hot here, but there is definitely a hint of fall in the air. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you again soon!

Julia said...

It looks like such a lovely place to meet friends. It's wonderful that friends keep meeting regularly after so many years.
Thanks for sharing your nice outing with friends.

I found that August is passing even faster than July. I've been just so busy with my routine that the day is gone before I know it and I've noticed that it gets dark much earlier. Fall is coming fast.

Wishing you a beautiful week.
Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

What a wonderful time. Funny how we who do not know the Great lakes well do not realize the vastness of that water. We were pleasantly surprised at out visit and opened out eyes that there can be a beach other than the ocean. LOL

We are not fans too much of sand either, but I do love the soothing sound of the water as it washes sand. Even though was are a short time from Daytona, we seldom make the trip.

Y'all take care and take care of your Jack....

Sherry and her jack.

jack69 said...

PS: Thanks for the encouraging comments (and prayers) our way!!

Prims By The Water said...

The birds have been gathering here. A sure sign Fall is arriving. What a nice view of the lake. I bet though in the Winter when those winds whip in it would not be fun. I did see Cedar Point in you pic. The way we go there, we have to cross a bridge through Sandusky Bay. I dont like rides though. Only went because my grands wanted us to. We do what we can for our grands dont we. A wonderful time you had at the beach house and yes the weather was perfect and the food looked good! Janice

Bonnie said...

My husband is definitely more of a beach person than I am. Water + Sand and I don't mix! But I love being in view of water. It's so peaceful to stare at.