Saturday, February 4, 2023

Hello Dear February

 Hallmark calls this month...Loveuary..Ha! Anyway, I had a lot of love that was delivered to me today from a dear blog friend, Cathy.  Thanks so much for these sweet gifts!

Cathy (from Acorn Hollow) is a hooker...rug hooker! Anyway, she did these super cute hot pads that will get tons of use from me who cooks and always needs them...plus they say Easter to  me and it's a very favorite holiday! That lovely towel says Whispering Pines by the pine tree in the pic but also New England with that moose there! I do hope to be able to visit her area one day as it is so beautiful.  However, right now they are in bitter, bitter cold and snow so I'm saying prayers that our warmer weather that's coming this week will reach her soon! Thanks again Cathy! Bloggers are the best! 
Speaking of blogging...I got my blog book a few weeks ago so all of 2022 is in the history books! At least the Whispering Pines history book. That makes 14 books so far.  Hopefully I can continue as the years go on. It's fun to look back and see how the year went and how we survived it! Ha!  So February is here and the ground hog saw it's shadow.  I would be upset by the thought of 6 more weeks of Winter but let's be honest...there's going to be 6 more weeks no matter what! Plus it was blue skies and sunshine here which always makes me smile even if the temps are in the 20's or like yesterday, the teens!  I was admiring the blue sky the other day when I saw something in the sky that made me grab my camera.
Can you see it?
How about now?
How about now?! Even though it was daylight out the moon could be seen almost all day.  I'm sure there's some scientific name for it but I just thought it was cool!  The days are staying lighter longer now and I'll sign off with this shot from the other night that was still light at 5:45!
The sun was setting fast!  I'll be more excited when it's still light out at 8:30 and I'm outside still mowing the lawn!





9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

We are back to single digits so that is an improvement to minus 20. The moon is beautiful, and I will thank you to send warmer weather our way.
Glad you got the package, and you like them use them in good health.
Hugs
Cathy

Julia said...

Nice gifts from Cathy.
Wow, great shot of the moon. I've never been able to take such a great shot as you did. I always wanted to learn how to take good pictures of the moon but never bothered.
So glad you got your yearly blog book. Such a nice picture on the front.

The cold snap is finally breaking and the wind has died down. I'm looking for warmer temperatures.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

At first I thought you caught the Chinese spy balloon. HA Nice moon though! Great gifts from Cathy! I hooked some eggs and mine are plain compared to hers. Janice

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Those are indeed lovely items sent to you by your friend Cathy from Acorn Hollow! She knows you well. They are the perfect gifts for someone like you who is a whiz in the kitchen. Those colorful hot pads will indeed go well with your Easter decorations and family holiday feasts at The Pines.

I see that Cathy lives in New Hampshire, scene of an outbreak of Arctic air. The top story on my news feed all day today was the record cold temperature recorded on Mount Washington early this morning. It reached minus 47 degrees- with fierce winds that brought the wind chill down to a record setting (and astonishing) 108 below zero! I feel guilty running the air conditioner day and night down here at The Equator (in Florida).

Your blog books are indeed treasures, priceless keepsakes to be passed down to future generations of your wonderful family. Those deluxe diaries enable you to step through the last 14 years of your life one week at a time and remember lots of things you have forgotten, some that you remember but would rather forget and people who are unforgettable. I am proud to have been part of your blog world for most of that span, and look forward to more sharing and caring in the months and years ahead.

Yessum, the famous whistle pig emerged from his den, saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of sweltering heat here in Florida. :) I told you last time that you live in The Land of the Midnight Sun. That series of pictures you took of the sky reveals that you also live in The Land of the Noonday Moon. :)

I hope you are having a nice weekend. Enjoy your Sunday and the coming week, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day where you are! I thought that might be the infamous Chinese spy balloon you saw in the sky, but alas it was the moon. That is so nice of Cathy to send you a lovely gift! I read her blog too. I recently got my 2022 blog books. I had to have two volumes. It is kind of expensive, but well worth it, I think. I have been printing up my blog into books this year since 2007. I hope you have great Sunday. See you again soon.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun pressies from Cathy - so very sweet of her. And that moon! What spectacular photos! Like Julia, I have never really managed to take good photos of the moon. I used to when I used my 35mm camera and a tripod, but I gave that up years ago. Your photo of the sunset is beautiful too - it almost looks like a gorgeous fall day. Love your blog book. I'd so like to do that someday. Guess I will just have "google" it and see what I come up with. February wishes ~Robin~

Donna said...

You're a lucky lady to have such a generous and thoughtful fellow blogger. Really nice gifts from Cathy@acornhollow. Love the photos of the moon.
Enjoy your Love month. Donna

jack69 said...

Great entry. Love the graphics and ideas. Love the idea of the Blog book, nice. Wish I had thought of that.
That opening picture is BEAUTIFUL.... Sorta breath taking, good choice.
Love from a little sunshine in NC.
Sherry & jack smiling

MELODY JACOB said...

Nice photos and gifts.
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/a-key-element-for-business-growth-and-development.html