Monday, November 15, 2021

The Stars Have All Aligned...So Far

 I got home from my week in Chicago helping my sister out while she was in the hospital. Thankfully all is well with her and she got home on Thursday.  We were able to spend a couple of days together just hanging out and enjoying the time together.  I took care of her pup, Hope and she and I bonded a bit!  She's a good dog who is getting more mature by the day.  She'll be a year old next month.  She and I played more "catch" than I have ever played in the past with any dog! She has a lot of energy but settles down at night and also takes a good nap in the afternoon!

She loves her blankie for naps!

Just look at that silly face! She's very happy to have Midge back home! 
On Sunday my nephew brought over Bella, Hope's sister.  That's my great nephew, Drew, trying to get them to sit still for a pic..not very successful! Hard to tell them apart. They had a blast running around playing together.  On Friday Midge and I took a quick trip to the shopping center and I took a couple of pics of the Christmas decorations going up.  These had my mind going in a funny direction...nothing new for me!
First we have the cute little airstream trailer turned into a Santa stop for the kiddies to tell him their hopes and wishes for the season.
Next to Santa's trailer we have Santa's lounge.  Now here's where I go off on a mind trip.  So is the lounge for Mom and Dad to hang out while the kids go into the trailer with dear old St. Nick?  Hmm, I hope not. Just sayin' folks.  I'm sure I'm wrong about it but it seemed a little weird to me! Ha!  Oh well, I'll try and not go on any more mind trips!  So the week was a bit tense but I'm so glad Midge's tests and stay went well.  I came home today because the weather yesterday was a bit iffy between here and Ohio.  We didn't get any snow in the Chicago area but Indiana and Ohio did. 

These were taken in South Bend, Indiana.  They always get snow off of Lake Michigan.  Jack took a video of the snow that Ashland got and it was pretty impressive.  Today it had all melted by the time I got home and by Wednesday it's going to 65de!  Yep, never know how the weather will go this time of year.  So the stars seemed to have aligned for now and hopefully we can enter into the holiday season with everyone on the mend and we can spend time again with family.  I'll be catching up on things at home and planning the turkey day menu and getting ready for that day of feasting.  YUM! Have a good week!

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

These are encouraging words, dear friend! I'm very happy to learn that the stars have aligned for your family. The trick is to keep them aligned for any length of time. Every family faces that same challenge. I do hope yours will be blessed throughout the upcoming holiday season. You are so deserving of it.

I'm happy to know that Midge is home from the hospital and doing well. I'm pleased to see pictures of Hope and to know that you and she played and bonded while you were the primary caregiver. She looks like a bundle of spirit and energy, and the fun and chaos were surely doubled when her sister Bella arrived with great nephew Drew. I'll bet those two sibling pooches were a handful.

Yessum, your mind goes in "funny" directions sometimes, but you have good instincts and I trust them. I share your concern over the sketchy setup that includes a lounge for parents (serving alcohol, I presume?) and trailer where the kiddies have an encounter of some sort with a "secret Santa." It doesn't look right and it doesn't feel right. For all we know, that Santa could be a predator with a rap sheet. These days, it's wise to trust your gut and thoroughly vet a place like that before exposing your children to it.

It's good to know that you made it back home safely given that snow has started falling across your region. Now you can turn your attention to turkey and trimmings, building fires in the fireplace and decorating for the next two holidays that are rapidly approaching.

Thank you for reporting in, dear friend YaYa. Rest, have some fun, stay safe and have a wonderful week at The Pines!

acorn hollow said...

I am so glad your sister is out of the hospital and on the mend. so glad to be spending the holidays with family this year. I told husband come hell or high water. We missed last Christmas and my grand is growing everyday I will not miss another.
Cathy

Julia said...

I'm so glad to hear that Midge is back home, and everything went well. Hope is a cutie and she is lucky to have had you there to take care of her. Her name has a message for everybody. We all need hope.

Now it's time to think of Thanksgiving for the star alignment. I'm sure it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration, knowing that you're a great cook. November is halfway gone already and December is not far away.
Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad things went well. No snow here yet, but it is coming later this week. We are getting ready for Thanksgiving here as well, and that will be mean getting Christmas decorations up soon. :-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, fingers crossed here that those stars stay put for a good long while. Heaven knows you deserve it. Glad things are well on the sister front and you made the trip there and back safely. Now you can focus your energies and attention on your Thanksgiving preparations. A happy week ahead. We got about 4" of snow Saturday night/Sunday...and, unfortunately, it's still here. Guess my remaining fall cleanup is now spring cleanup LOL. Hmmmm is all I have to say about Santa's airstream and lounge. 🤔 ~Robin~

joeh said...

The dog has an obvious silly grin...LOL.

Prims By The Water said...

Hopefully the stars will continue to align for you. Those fur babies are adorable! I CANNOT wait for Thanksgiving dinner with my family this year. Have fun planning your menu. Janice

jack69 said...

Sister and sisters. Glad you had some time with your sister. I enjoy hearing of sister time. My girl is the only one left of the Harris sisters, but they truly enjoyed time together, never had enough. Twas good you could help also.
We have never been in South Bend in the winter, but sure enjoyed it in the summer.
Love from down in Florida
Sherry & jack

Gin said...

Hope is a cutie. So sweet to see that sisterly love going on. That snow looks cold. Happy thanksgiving!!